News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Every Which Way But Loose/Any Which Way You Can on DVD  (Read 14441 times)
Clintus

They don't make them like Clint anymore

View Profile Email
« on: June 02, 2004, 09:44:11 AM »

Does anyone have an adequate reason why the above movies have never been released on DVD? I find it very frustrating as these movies were really good, light-hearted entertainment.

Clintus
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 11:07:23 AM »

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 12:41:06 PM »

I guess it depends on where you live, 'cause "Every Which Way But Loose" and "Any Which Way You Can" are available in the U.S.  As of next Tuesday, every single major Clint Eastwood movie will be available on dvd with the release of "Mystic River".  Yes!  If you don't have it, hopefully it will be available soon.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 12:41:50 PM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 01:46:34 PM »

If you see where Clintus lives you will see that he is in reg 2 country.

One of the reasons they have not been released is that the 2nd film will require cuts and that will mean a re- submission to the BBFC and therefore a further payment for Warner.
They won't release one without the other ..... so no release for either.

Philo .
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 01:50:00 PM by philo » Logged

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 02:01:12 PM »

Philo... why does the second movie require cuts.... ???

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 02:44:07 PM »

Hi Gant ,

Apart from the first Warner "rental" VHS/Beta release in late 1982 the scene with the raccoon and the rattlesnake has been heavily cut. I have alway felt it a scene that did not need to be so graphic and the RSPCA here in the UK will not stand for it. They even forced James Cameron and Fox to cut the rat in liquid sequence from The Abyss.

There is no getting around this, as a widescreen certificate for Any which way has never been asked for , until it is (and paid for) we will not see a release and never one uncut.

Philo .

Clintus

They don't make them like Clint anymore

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 03:18:31 PM »

If you see where Clintus lives you will see that he is in reg 2 country.

One of the reasons they have not been released is that the 2nd film will require cuts and that will mean a re- submission to the BBFC and therefore a further payment for Warner.
They won't release one without the other ..... so no release for either.

Philo .

Philo, Thanks for explaining that. Whilst it still annoys me a little as least I can rationalise it with the reasons why. Appreciate it. Been that long since I saw the movie, I can't remember the racoon scene.

Clintus
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 12:00:25 AM »

To be honest I'm only really interested in the first movie, tho' I can appreciate that they won't release one without the other...

Thanks for the info Philo...... are they out on region 4 ?

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 12:39:08 PM »

Yes but only in NTSC, it seems that no pal  masters have been made.

even though region 4 is pal Oz have converted ntsc to put up with .... Ugghhh  :P

This is why I was keen to see if they were released with the magazine. They were featured on the ad, but I can't see how they will be released.

Philo .

allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 03:46:12 PM »

It's shocking the amount of Clint films which are still yet to be released for Region 2...Honkytonk Man, Tightrope, Bird, to name but a few in addition to the Every Which Way/Any Which Way films...  ??? >:( :'( And when we do get the DVD, sometimes it's not half as good as the Region 1 version, as evidenced recently by the pathetic version of Mystic River that is coming out for Region 2.

I don't understand why when you consider that Clint is one of the most well-known and respected actors and directors in the business. It's a problem because I've got some Clint films on video that I can't replace with the DVD versions, and there's a few I don't own that I can't buy at all because you can only get them on video and I don't want to buy videos because they're becoming more and more obsolete...this sucks!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2004, 05:53:38 AM »

Well from what I have just heard the single disc Mystic river sucks even in the USA.
It seems that you have to now shell out for the 3 disc version to get anything extra.

Shame on you Warner.

Ally, The releases featuring Honkytonk man, etc are now out in reg 4 from Australia. They are also out here but only in not very nice box sets. If you buy theses box sets then you have to buy a "cut" firefox and buy again perfect world and heartbreak ridge.... so yet again another Warner rip off.

I have to rely on passed on info because unlike most of you I will not give them my money on day one of these rather poor releases .... and yes I mean every damn one of them  >:
( >:( >:( >:(

Philo .

allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2004, 11:41:46 AM »

Well, at least the US gets the 3-disc version! We don't even get a choice  ???

Thanks for the info Philo, I did know about the crappy box sets as I've seen them on Play.com but I'm not prepared to spend that much money even though I don't have A Perfect World or Heartbreak Ridge on DVD, only on video. I've got the cut version of Firefox on DVD only I didn't know it was cut when I bought it :(

So we can play Region 4 on our Region 2 DVD players? So maybe I could order Honkytonk Man from Oz...but it'll probably cost a fortune! I do have a couple of Hitchcock DVDs which are both Region 2 and 4 so I guess that would make sense.

If once Mystic River comes out, every single major Clint Eastwood movie will be available on DVD in America as Jed has stated, then maybe after that they'll get around to us poor relations, eh?! ;) Maybe I should start a petition or something...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 11:42:48 AM by allycat » Logged

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
right turn clyde

Shockley, you big prick !

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2004, 12:10:51 PM »

Guys, go to http://www.avforums.com

Scroll down the page to the heading "DVD Hacks". You will find the hacks for most DVD players. It usually involves keying in numbers from the DVD's remote control. If you don't see your player post a Q on the forum. We can usually answer most queries.

You will then be able to watch DVD's from ANY region.

I've had EWWBL & AWWYC since they came out and I've got the Mystic River 3 disc set on it's way. Technically I should not be able to see them as I live in the UK and they would like to restrict us to Region 2.

If you are in the UK then www.dvdsoon.com based in Canada sell Clints DVD's usually around the £8 mark inc shipping.

It really is that easy.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 12:12:49 PM by right turn clyde » Logged
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2004, 07:30:35 PM »

Ally , unless your player is multi region or hacked, a region 2 player will not play reg 4 discs.
Your Hitchcock titles only play because they are reg 2&4, your player will be playing them as 2 .

If you can hack your machine as "right turn" suggests then you will be fine.

I have one of the first multi region players that came out in the late 90's. It is great when you don't have to think if you can play a disc.

Great to see Warner releases here and in Australia not in snapper cases.

Philo .

Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2004, 11:04:16 PM »

So maybe I could order Honkytonk Man from Oz...but it'll probably cost a fortune!

If your player can play multiregion you should be able to pick up the r4 Honkeytonk Man for approx AUS $16-17 (not including postage).

WKC.

philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2004, 05:51:37 AM »

Yes and that is a good price. If they were out here they would be £15-20.

Philo .

simmo

Dying aint much of a living boy.

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2004, 06:02:04 AM »

Clintus.U can buy mutiregion dvd players in the uk now for 30 quid. I have a pioneer multi region i bought quite a while ago and have every which way and any which way on R.1 dvd .In fact watched them the other day for the first time in ages.Also bought the R.1 of good bad and ugly collectors edition as its nicer than the R.2 version.
allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2004, 06:03:34 AM »

Thank you right turn clyde for the info. I believe similar info was posted in the off-topic section of the board relatively recently. I can have a go but it's not my DVD player (I don't have my own personal one) so I hope fiddling with it won't break it ;) I often play DVDs on my laptop but you can't really get around the region thing on computers, can you?

This is so frustrating as I really want to get the Every Which Way/Any Which Way films and all the others I don't have on DVD...initially I was merely annoyed about the fact that most of Clint's DVDs don't have decent extras, but I'd settle for vanilla DVDs if I could just have versions I could actually watch...

allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2004, 06:05:42 AM »

Clintus.U can buy mutiregion dvd players in the uk now for 30 quid. I have a pioneer multi region i bought quite a while ago and have every which way and any which way on R.1 dvd .In fact watched them the other day for the first time in ages.Also bought the R.1 of good bad and ugly collectors edition as its nicer than the R.2 version.

Simmo, where can you buy these multi-region players from? And I thought the Reg 2 version of GBU was the same as the Reg 1. Not yet another DVD we've been short-changed on?!  ???

simmo

Dying aint much of a living boy.

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2004, 06:10:48 AM »

The region 1 disc of good bad ugly has the original italian soundtrack plus some cool movie poster postcards in the box which u dont get in the R.2 set.And it was just over a tenner from dvdsoon.Will get back to u on the dvd players
« Last Edit: June 05, 2004, 06:11:26 AM by simmo » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T