News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »

Poll

Which film do you think is his best film, in which he acts (no Midnight or Mystic River) since Unforgiven?????

In The Line Of Fire
6 (24%)
A Perfect World
5 (20%)
The Bridges Of Madison County
8 (32%)
Absolute Power
1 (4%)
True Crime
2 (8%)
Space Cowboys
1 (4%)
Blood Work
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best since Unforgiven  (Read 6301 times)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2004, 08:45:38 PM »

MC, how does that rank when you add Mystic River into the mix? If I remember correctly, your original review of it was quite positive, and I'd be interested to know added in with all of the other films where you felt it ranked in comparison :)
MC

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2004, 08:19:40 AM »

MC, how does that rank when you add Mystic River into the mix? If I remember correctly, your original review of it was quite positive, and I'd be interested to know added in with all of the other films where you felt it ranked in comparison.

AKA, thanks for asking. Here's how I'd rank 'em with Mystic and Midnight thrown in.

1) A Perfect World
2) In The Line Of Fire
3) Mystic River[/b]
4) Bridges of Madison County
5) Absolute Power
6) Midnight In The Garden Of Good and Evil
7) Space Cowboys
8) True Crime
9) Blood Work

My gut feeling is that in time I'll probably give Mystic the edge over In The Line of Fire, but since I've seen Fire about a dozen times and Mystic only twice, it seems a bit premature to give it the #2 slot. Let's see how it stands some more repeat viewings (and the test of time).

Absolute Power and Midnight are basically at a dead tie in my book, so I gave Power the edge based on the fact that Clint appears both in front of and behind the camera on that one.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 08:20:27 AM by MC » Logged
howie

A MAN HAS TO KNOW HIS LIMITATIONS

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2004, 09:49:09 AM »

I pick the Bridges of Madison County.  It was a great story and I thought there was a chemistry between Clint and Meryl that that was perfect. They did an excellent job. I particulary liked the seen where Clint is leaving town and they are waiting for the traffic light to change.  She kept reaching for the door handle; I felt like yelling "open the door and get in the truck with him!", but instead she decided to stand by her man!  
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2004, 02:02:24 PM »

There`s no doubt with this one.Eastwood was at his greatest in The Bridges Of Madison County.Truly a perfect film..and mainly beacause of Eastwood`s performance.
I think he`s been quite wonderfull in every picutre he has made after Unforgiven...I don`t know why ???
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2004, 06:03:46 PM »

almost went with true crime but I just had to go with ITLOF
I love that movie ;D

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T