News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account setup.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does Clint Have a Star on the Walk of Fame?  (Read 3618 times)
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« on: July 02, 2004, 09:22:16 PM »

I was searching through Clint's awards tonite on IMDb.com and I noticed there was nothing about him having a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...  I thought he did but I could be mistaken... Does anyone know?  
Thanks  :D

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
AKA23
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 11:05:31 PM »

No, Chessie, you haven't missed anything! Astonishingly, despite the fact that such venerable screen legends as Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen have one, Clint Eastwood does not. This question was asked several times before on the old board I believe, and it apparently costs quite a bit of money in order to have one. I'm sure KC could provide you with the exact amount and the process that must be gone through in order to have a star, but I'm not sure of the details, myself. Clint does have recognition at Mann's Chinese Theater, which is said to be a more prestigious honor.  
Brendan
Member Extraordinaire

go ahead... paint me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 11:16:43 PM »

Here are some previous discussion we had about this:

Walk  of Fame

the star that is or isn't
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 11:17:34 PM by Brendan » Logged

AKA23
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 02:16:16 PM »

Chessie, according to the information in those previous threads, it requires $15,000. Thanks for linking us to that information, Brendan.
Kal Varnsen

Looking for Jimbo, eh?

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 07:37:23 PM »

If Clint was interested in having a star, he would've gotten one thirty or even 40 years ago. I think it would be logical to assume he just doesn't want to have a star. I guess I'm repeating what Matt said in the other threads. ;D

So tempest, if you really want to do something nice for our friend Mr Eastwood, don't donate money for his star. ;) Send him some flowers instead. Every man loves to receive flowers. ;)
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 08:41:36 PM »

So tempest, if you really want to do something nice for our friend Mr Eastwood, don't donate money for his star. ;) Send him some flowers instead. Every man loves to receive flowers. ;)
Or buy the videos of his movies, so he'll be encouraged to make more!

Yup, fifteen thousand dollars is chicken feed to Eastwood. If he wanted a star, he'd have bought one long ago. But don't you remember these scenes?

"I think you people need a new sheriff."

"About time this town had a new sheriff."

If he really wanted a star ... wouldn't he have kept one of those? ;)

Oh, and tempest ... it was a nice thought, anyway. Don't worry about not having seen the older topics about it. No one could be expected to go through every single topic on this board before posting.  :)

Kal Varnsen

Looking for Jimbo, eh?

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 09:01:45 PM »

Actually he would probably prefer a Jazz CD. If I had his address that is what I would send. Sorry but being fairly new I have yet to read all the threads yet. I just thought it would be a nice gift from his fans to get him a star. Please forgive my ignorance. I go back under my rock now.
I was just kidding, but it was a nice thought to try to do something for him. Buying his movies, like KC suggested helps you as well as Clint and perhaps even all other fans. ;D

KC, those scenes from FAFDM and HPD are certainly further evidence that Eastwood doesn't like stars. ;D Maybe he doesn't like stars because they never hear him when he talks to them? ;)
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 09:08:42 PM »

Oh yeah, how could I have forgotten Dirty Harry! Only there's no snappy line of dialogue ... ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 09:15:02 PM by KC » Logged
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2004, 09:14:01 PM »

KC, those scenes from FAFDM and HPD are certainly further evidence that Eastwood doesn't like stars. ;D Maybe he doesn't like stars because they never hear him when he talks to them? ;)
... I talk to the stars
But they never hear me ...

Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2004, 01:39:28 AM »

... I talk to the stars
But they never hear me ...

;D ;D ;D

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2004, 04:23:15 AM »

go for it tempest i pledge $100

a star on the walk of fame from his fans - has a good sound to it

there maybe one or two more folks in this country ready to contribute

if then clint ain't gracious enough to accept it from his fans thats his problem

anyway are you telling me out there in the big USA (warners bros  ;) ) there isn't any sorry son-of-a-b*$@h for all clint's done for film in the USA couldn't cough up the dough - sorry thats the pits
« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 09:54:39 AM by vik » Logged

england -  its flag the St George flag
Jed Cooper
Member Extraordinaire

"Get three coffins ready."

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2004, 05:44:38 PM »

Well, if Star Trek's "Mr. Scott", James Doohan, can have one.... :P

"My mistake, four coffins"
allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2004, 12:33:30 PM »

To be honest, if it's true that a pair of nobodies like Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen have stars, then maybe if I was Clint, I wouldn't want one. It kind of cheapens the meaning of it if they're going to let just about anyone have one. Just my tuppence worth on this!

Clint doesn't need a star because he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. His extensive body of work speaks for itself.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2004, 02:37:11 PM »

With that post ally, you hit the nail on the head  :)
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2004, 04:37:49 AM »

heh tempest don't be a sissy - go with your original thought something for the fans

you don't have to go and throw up on the olsen twins star

- just go and see clint's  ;D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 04:40:06 AM by vik » Logged

vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 05:12:15 AM »

ok tempest since your strong on action and not words - whats your plan of action

and i suggest his star is between two nice stars and not near the olsen twins - do they have a map of where you can place stars?

i'm gonna sell hotdogs with ketchup on  ;)

at least look at it this way KC - you won't have to answer that question again - just tell um to go look for the star
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 07:02:03 AM by vik » Logged

allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2004, 06:51:07 AM »

I don't want to put a dampener on this idea as I think it's a lovely gesture, but I think it would take a long time to raise the $15,000 needed. I also think that if Clint seriously wanted a star then he'd have one. There's bound to be a wealthy fan of his or an organisation out there who would pay for one if they thought he wanted it. The fact that it hasn't happened so far makes me think that it's just not that important to him.

I can't afford to pledge much anyway. I love Clint to bits, don't get me wrong, but I think we're better off donating our money to charity. Why not donate some to one of Clint's preferred charities? It's only my opinion, but I'm sure he would appreciate that kind of gesture more. KC, any info on any charities which Clint endorses?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2004, 06:59:31 AM »

perhaps no-one ever asked him ally?

noone is saying you have to give anything
it would just be from the fans - that would be anyone who is a fan regardless

anyway its a question that comes up regularly and no-one knows the answer to it and if  he gets a star then
mystery solved
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 07:26:18 AM by vik » Logged

Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2004, 08:26:02 AM »

I have to agree with Ally & KC - if the Man With No Star...er, uh...Name doesn't really care, should we? Might even p*ss the guy off - maybe he prefers not to have one. Why don't we all make him happy and just invest in "Tehama" stock instead?  :)

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2004, 11:19:04 AM »

ok i'm off to buy a t-shirt - oh yeh we can't buy them here  :-\

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T