News: THE MULE, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood: now on disc and streaming!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Angel Eyes death makes him look weak  (Read 12588 times)
angeleyesTHE2nd

where is my spaghetti westerns?!

View Profile Email
« on: July 05, 2004, 11:51:44 PM »

To be honest I think the director could have atleast tried to make Angeleyes more tougher in the end when facing blondie and Tuco. I think Blondie shoulda been wounded during the draw while Tuco could just stand there with an unloaded gun. I thought sergio coulda atleast made clint look not so unstoppable because in real gun fights no matter who wins, they too can get hurt during the process of winning. Its not like their the fastest in the world their just lucky.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 12:06:59 AM by angeleyesTHE2nd » Logged
tempest

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 01:44:00 AM »

Kinda funny this topic popped up right after I finished watching this film. Seeing that this scene is still fresh in my mind I would like to make a couple observations. First off, Blondie definitely had the advantage while Angel Eyes was facing 2 opponents. That's a given. Now Angel Eyes may have been a coldblooded killer yet he still had a major problem: Who to shoot first? I don't know about all of you but I know that would get my mind and adrenaline racing. A lot goes through one's mind when he faces a gun that is aimed and about to go off. Time becomes very distorted when facing a gun. I know this from prior experience. Things become very surreal. So saying I can imagine the things going through Angel Eyes mind at the time. He made his choice and fired, plain and simple, yet I believe he may have flinched a bit therfore missing Blondie. I call it a little fear response. I don't care how much of a bada** one may be, a gun being fired at you will shake you up. For what it's worth Angel Eyes did the best he could in the circumstances, luck just wasn't on his side that day, but 2 opponents were. But hey, it's a great film, enjoy it for what it is: entertainment. Welcome to the board, looking forward to seeing more posts from you. Hey, you got me out from under my rock and that's saying something angeleyesTHE2nd ;D One last comment, when the punk shot at me he had me dead to rights. He fired, I shifted to the left, the punk missed. Can it be that Blondie also shifted to the side which is why he wasn't hit? Just a thought.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 04:37:05 AM »

It ain't so easy to shoot a man anyhow, you know. Especially if the son-of-a-b!tch is shooting back at you. I mean, that'll just flat rattle some folks.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 04:39:02 AM by KC » Logged
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 12:15:08 PM »

I actually watched this scene the other day.  Whenever I watch it, Angel Eyes doesn't come off weak, he just comes off as the person who didn't have an advantage in situation, I've never thought his death made him look weak, he just didn't have the upper hand in the fight.  But Angel Eyes never seemed weak to me... Ever.

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
angeleyesTHE2nd

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 04:53:34 PM »

Kinda funny this topic popped up right after I finished watching this film. Seeing that this scene is still fresh in my mind I would like to make a couple observations. First off, Blondie definitely had the advantage while Angel Eyes was facing 2 opponents. That's a given. Now Angel Eyes may have been a coldblooded killer yet he still had a major problem: Who to shoot first? I don't know about all of you but I know that would get my mind and adrenaline racing. A lot goes through one's mind when he faces a gun that is aimed and about to go off. Time becomes very distorted when facing a gun. I know this from prior experience. Things become very surreal. So saying I can imagine the things going through Angel Eyes mind at the time. He made his choice and fired, plain and simple, yet I believe he may have flinched a bit therfore missing Blondie. I call it a little fear response. I don't care how much of a bada** one may be, a gun being fired at you will shake you up. For what it's worth Angel Eyes did the best he could in the circumstances, luck just wasn't on his side that day, but 2 opponents were. But hey, it's a great film, enjoy it for what it is: entertainment. Welcome to the board, looking forward to seeing more posts from you. Hey, you got me out from under my rock and that's saying something angeleyesTHE2nd ;D One last comment, when the punk shot at me he had me dead to rights. He fired, I shifted to the left, the punk missed. Can it be that Blondie also shifted to the side which is why he wasn't hit? Just a thought.
you havea good point their, no matter how good you are you still have the possibility of killing you in a draw no matter who it is.
tempest

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 05:40:33 PM »

Exactly, live by the gun, die by the gun. I have been shot at 3 times in my life. I was lucky. Angel Eyes wasn't. Tough has nothing to do with being shot, it all just comes down to this:  When it's time to go, it's time to go. So saying, I now go back to my rock ;D
Blondie2488

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 05:49:53 PM »

Who shot at you? Why? Did you post something bad about somebody here?
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 05:55:31 PM »

maybe he annoyed KC too bad by not wiping off his feet.  JK  ;D ;)

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
angeleyesTHE2nd

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 06:31:26 PM »

do you ever wonder why Angel eyes joined the Union. I mean come on I think  he woulda suited being in the confederate army rather then the Union army. He was a ruffian with nothing to lose.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 07:39:09 PM by angeleyesTHE2nd » Logged
tempest

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2004, 06:44:49 PM »

To answer your question Blondie2488, I was shot at by three different people at three different times while living in Chicago. The first was a drunk who felt that my buddy and I made good moving targets. The second was an unseen person who fired at me while I was riding my 10 speed. I guess I was in the wrong neighborhood at the wrong time. The punk I previously mentioned shot at me after I threw him and his accomplice off a bus. The reason for my actions were in my mind quite simple, I was sticking up for two young ladies who the punks started grabbing and verbally assaulting. My little act of chivalry almost cost me and my brother our lives. But, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Needless to say I left Chicago after that. Now I am happy and safe under my rock ;D But alas I digress, Angel Eyes died the way he lived, evil in his eyes, a snarl on his lips, and a smoking gun in his hand. Basically he proved the famous words of William Munny,
We all have it coming, kid.
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2004, 07:48:36 PM »

Prehaps because of Ben Carson, because he knew Carson was in the army and wanted to find him to get the money that was in the graveyard.  

angeleyesTHE2nd

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 08:11:06 PM »

:Pi believe the name was bill if im not correct.
angeleyesTHE2nd

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 08:17:19 PM »

hey im trying to put in my own image and every time i try to copy and paste here from where it came from and it for some odd reason comes in blank. I don't know why but it shouldn't be doing that because its the right size and all ???
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 08:32:06 PM »

Prehaps because of Ben Carson, because he knew Carson was in the army and wanted to find him to get the money that was in the graveyard.  
BILL Carson. Name's Carson now. ;)

Yes, as we see in the newly restored "fort scene," Angel Eyes learned that the Confederate soldier Jackson/Carson, if he was still alive, was likely to be brought to the notorious Union prison camp of "Battleville" or "Batterville" or "Betterville" (different names in various sources, and it's not clear on the soundtrack), so he disguised himself as a Union sergeant, and lay in wait for him there.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 08:33:04 PM by KC » Logged
tempest

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2004, 08:56:28 PM »

Yup, but the comment I must make is this:
That black dog sure got around didn't it ;D
Blondie2488

Email
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2004, 08:32:59 AM »

The punk I previously mentioned shot at me after I threw him and his accomplice off a bus. The reason for my actions were in my mind quite simple, I was sticking up for two young ladies who the punks started grabbing and verbally assaulting. My little act of chivalry almost cost me and my brother our lives. But, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Needless to say I left Chicago after that. Now I am happy and safe under my rock ;D  

I'm glad to know there are other gentlemen like myself out there.
tempest

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2004, 09:43:46 AM »

It often pays to be a gentleman, even if the reward is but a smile. See, if Angel Eyes was a gentleman Blondie probably wouldn't have had to shoot him :D
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2004, 10:50:51 AM »

Sorry guys I didn't mean to misquote, please forgive me. ;)   :D

Blondie2488

Email
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2004, 11:06:33 AM »

Misquote what?
strngrwitnoname

"Get three coffins ready."

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2004, 12:45:58 PM »

is angel eyes the same character as colonel mortimer in for a few dollars more?

"You said that when a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with the .45 is a dead man. Lets see if thats true."
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T