News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Magnum Force End title music ....  (Read 4105 times)
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« on: December 12, 2002, 02:08:07 PM »

This really "made my evening" .

Please listen to the end title theme . In the english mix (Dolby digital 5.1) something has gone very wrong.
Someone has either tried to be clever (and failed) and attempted to mix across the music or.... A final mix and music and effects track have been mixed together out of step .

The result is every note played on the keyboard is repeated very much like an mirror imaged echo . It is awful. That great end theme to the first two films  :'(

As usual switch to the french or Italian soundtrack and beacuase you only have what was created in 1973 , surprise , surprise it sounds fine .

As I have said before , if anyone from Mr Eastwood's corner is reading this , then please tell me how such lack of thought and bungling is possible on three of Warner's key moneymakers of the 1970's .

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2002, 12:31:13 PM »

This $#!t is unforgivable......
I was talking to Philo last week, I had just reviewed Saturday Night Fever R2 5.1 mix that opening scene of Travolta walking down the street to the sound of the Bee Gees Stayin Alive? Except now from the centre speaker...
Clip Clop Clip Clop Clip Clop Yep! John's 70's hip shoes are now clunking away on the soundtrack!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't understand this $#!t?
-Stranger-

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
gwb

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2002, 08:37:49 AM »

I actually tried both French and Italian soundtracks, and the music soiunds the same.
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2002, 08:14:31 AM »

That is impossible as 2 of them are Mono and one is faked Stereo .

Philo .

gwb

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2002, 11:50:13 AM »

That is impossible as 2 of them are Mono and one is faked Stereo .

Philo .

Well, don't know if it stereo or mono, but I thought you were talking about the "mirror imaged echo" sound.  Whether I have english or french, the echo is still there.
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2002, 02:33:40 PM »

Hi GWB ,

I didn't hear anything other than well mastered mono , I have an original 1973 35mm mono print here with me and I can tell you there is not instant repeat of every piano note .

The rest of the soundtrack sucks anyway, so the few seconds of end  titles might as well be country and western for me .   :(

Philo .

gwb

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2002, 03:00:23 PM »

... I can tell you there is not instant repeat of every piano note ....
Philo .

I thought that was different too, from what I remember.  I also heard the "____, this your case" part.  I do remember the "Hi Harry" previously.

gwb
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2002, 03:02:39 PM »

Thanks GWB ,

Glad to hear I am not totally mad .  ;)

Philo .

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T