News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harry Gets "Dirty" All Over Again... but without Clint???  (Read 29807 times)
The Good

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2004, 05:12:42 AM »

I must admit Keither does a great job in 24, but as Harry? Not too sure.
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2004, 08:55:14 PM »

From Darkhorizons.com:

Dirty Harry
Currently in Australia to promote "Walking Tall", Dwayne Johnson has been doing the local press rounds and talk of a potential future remake came up - the classic Clint Eastwood cop drama "Dirty Harry". Speaking with Triple M Radio, Johnson said the classic film is "ripe for a remake", and that it is one of his favourite films of all time. He would of course play Harry Callahan.

(Shakes head at Johnson) Ripe for a remake? Eesh. Rocky, please stay away from this.
blonde

Email
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2004, 10:09:09 PM »

Hi Guys;

As far as a remake of Dirty Harry, am i surprised??..No. I'm probably one of the few Eastwood fans who felt Eastwood should have stopped after Magnum Force. Let's face it hollywood has become a panorama of stupidity recycled entertainment lately. If you think thats bad, check this out ..there is actually a remake of ' Play Misty For Me' starring Will Smith thats been on the drawing boards for the past few years. Gee, I can hardly wait.
AND GALS PLEASE!
blonde

Email
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2004, 10:11:18 PM »

If The Rock did the DH remake it would be full of techno garbage.  The movie would be full of violence and butt-kicking scenes.  Sure Harry kicked butt, though he did it with STYLE!

My vote:  Two Thumbs Down
The Highlander

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2004, 10:26:18 PM »

For many years, I always thought the only other actor who could be cool enough to play Dirty Harry was "Hawaii Five-O's" Jack Lord.

He had the look, the magnetism & ability to play the role somewhat similar to Clint, but to a lesser degree.

Let's face it, there is NOBODY in movie history that would come close to portraying DH with the same combination of style & grit as Clint.

The late Mr. Lord would probably have come the closest, but that was many years ago when he was younger and, of course, still with us.

I really can't think of anyone among today's sad collection of what passes for "movie stars" who could play the role without being laughed out of the theaters.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T