News: See Eastwood's latest, THE 15:17 TO PARIS, coming on DVD May 22!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Current TV Shows  (Read 106290 times)
Adam S.
Member Extraordinaire

I just go BESERK!

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 17, 2004, 01:41:34 PM »

There's not to many good ones around these days, but the best are- Fear Factor, Everybody Loves Raymond, Deadwood, My Wife & Kids, and According To Jim.

"I live in a room with a green radio
Curled in the womb of a 29-year low
Four walls from Heaven and one sin from Hell
In room 17 at Deguello Motel"

Roger Alan Wade
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 01:58:17 PM »

Everybody Loves Raymond
Two and a Half Men
Adam S.
Member Extraordinaire

I just go BESERK!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 04:02:09 PM »

Everybody Loves Raymond
Two and a Half Men
Since it's on immediatly after Raymond, I've watched a few episodes of Two And A Half Men, but not enough to form an opinion. It seems pretty funny though.

Roger Alan Wade
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 04:24:32 PM »

That's how I started watching it as well. I really don't watch many current shows. There used to be more, but I've just stopped watching them.
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 04:32:16 PM »

I don't watch much TV.  I find the infommercials to be more creative than the average recycled comedy and drama dreck.  I do like The Simpsons though.  Haven't watched an current episodes in a few years though.  Are they still good?

WKC.

blonde

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 05:27:03 PM »

Everybody Loves Raymond
Two and a Half Men

I agree with you Christopher.  These two shows are great.  I also enjoy all the Law & Orders and CSI's.  
Holden Pike
Member Extraordinaire

"If they move, kill 'em."

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 06:29:56 PM »

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "The Office" are by far my favorites. Then also still "The Sopranos", "Law & Order", "Scrubs" and "The Simpsons".

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man you stay with him, and if you can't do that you're like some animal, you're finished. We're all finished."
Adam S.
Member Extraordinaire

I just go BESERK!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 06:42:04 PM »

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "The Office" are by far my favorites. Then also still "The Sopranos", "Law & Order", "Scrubs" and "The Simpsons".
Scrubs is a brilliant show and I really like The Sopranos.

Roger Alan Wade
Kal Varnsen

Looking for Jimbo, eh?

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 06:52:36 PM »

Curb Your Enthusiasm is my favorite current TV show. I can't really think of anything that comes even close to that. I think I love Larry David. :-* ;)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 08:57:14 PM »

Too many, but I'll list them:

"24" (It lost it's steam in season three, season four is rumoured to be it's last... hopefully.)
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"
"CSI: Miami"
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" (Best comedy currently on TV.)
"Dead Like Me"
"Joan of Arcadia"
"Nip/Tuck" (Julian McMahon is a tremendous actor and is rumoured to be playing James Bond.)
"Rescue Me" (Great show, worth a viewing and if you don't love it... you got something wrong with yah...)
"Stargate SG-1" (Best sci-fi show currently on TV.)
"Stargate: Atlantis"

Also "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" is a show that everyone should be watching. It's writing is brilliant and it's correspondents are just truly smart people and they know how to make you laugh. Great show.
blonde

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 09:46:15 PM »

Also "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" is a show that everyone should be watching. It's writing is brilliant and it's correspondents are just truly smart people and they know how to make you laugh. Great show.

I agree with you.  The Daily Show is great.  Jon Stewart interviewed Former President Bill Clinton the other night and it was a great interview.  A little bit of politics with a little bit of comedy.  
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

Your mouthwash aint makin' it.

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2004, 10:08:08 PM »

Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Law & Order
King Of Queens
Drake & Josh
Everybody Loves Raymond

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
nyna

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2004, 11:10:51 PM »

Everybody loves Raymond
Two and half men
Thats all we get thats new the rest is all repeats and repeats, our channel nine had the nerve to put again the very first show of Frasier instead of showing us the last 3 seasons which we probably wont get till 2014 the way its going, they've restarted them at least 11 times , really.
So the only way to find out what happened, after the shows air in the US, they are displayed on epguides.com I went there and found out , same with Friends, who knows when we'll see the end here but I read about it on epguides.

nyna
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2004, 03:01:06 PM »

Is the American version of 'The Office' any good? I just can't imagine an American David Brent, he is too British.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 03:01:18 PM by masterchief » Logged
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2004, 08:41:17 PM »

Is the American version of 'The Office' any good? I just can't imagine an American David Brent, he is too British.

It hasn't aired yet, it's supposed to be on NBC this fall. However if what I've been reading on the net is true.... it's a big pile of crap. So bad so, that NBC is deciding to hold it off until mid-season and then air it on Bravo. I really want it too suck hard and I hope it is recieved badly because then, finally, the studios and networks might realize it's not good to ruin a great thing.
Gino M

The Godfather... as a kid.

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2004, 09:19:52 PM »

Hmmm... I haven't been watching too much "real" tv lately.  I'm too tired from all the reality shows that I was watching.

I do like the CSI, and CSI:Miami,  Law & order (the original), Smallville, Nip/Tuck, Dead Like Me, The Chapelle Show.  

I'm also watching forensic files, I Detective and The system.

"I'm in waste management!!  If anyone asks you...."You ain't seen nothin'!"
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2004, 09:35:32 PM »

I do like... Smallville, Nip/Tuck, Dead Like Me...

I used to like "Smallville" but it seemed after season two it became to over stylized and flashy. Now they have the Kal-El/Jor-El thing going on, which is interesting, but the way their handling it is to unbeleavable. Nice to see another "Nip/Tuck" fan though.  8)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 09:35:56 PM by Brendan » Logged
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2004, 05:58:49 AM »

Are they still making episodes of the original Law and Order in the US?  Is Jerry Orbach still in it?

WKC.

Holden Pike
Member Extraordinaire

"If they move, kill 'em."

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2004, 06:46:44 AM »

Are they still making episodes of the original Law and Order in the US?  Is Jerry Orbach still in it?

Yes, "Law & Order" is still on the air. But no, Orbach is no longer on the show. He just left at the end of this past season in May. But Jerry and his wise-cracking Lenny Briscoe will be a sometimes character on yet another "Law & Order" spin-off that  starts this Fall.

His replacement on "Law & Order" is Dennis Farina, the real-life Chicago cop turned character actor who's best work includes Get Shorty, Midnight Run, Snatch, Men of Respect and "Crime Story".

« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 06:48:27 AM by Holden Pike » Logged

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man you stay with him, and if you can't do that you're like some animal, you're finished. We're all finished."
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

Your mouthwash aint makin' it.

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2004, 05:55:07 PM »

It just won't be the same without Mr.Orbach. I don't think I'm still going to watch new episodes of Law & Order like I used to, might just stick to the re-runs.

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T