News: See Eastwood's latest, THE 15:17 TO PARIS, coming on DVD May 22!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Current TV Shows  (Read 109876 times)
blonde

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2004, 09:08:37 PM »

It just won't be the same without Mr.Orbach. I don't think I'm still going to watch new episodes of Law & Order like I used to, might just stick to the re-runs.
I completely understand.  I am a huge fan of L&O and are sad to see Lenny go.  But we have lost quite a few good ones on this show, including Chris Noth.  I'm sure I will still watch.  Not quite sure how I feel about Dennis Farina playing the new detective.  He doesn't give me any warm fuzzies.  He will have to be really good to impress me.  
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2004, 10:53:17 PM »

I don't get the same channels/stations as I used to, so my current favorite TV Shows are BBC, CNN, and Starsports (though only when they start running American Football).

Holden Pike
Member Extraordinaire

"If they move, kill 'em."

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2004, 12:15:38 AM »

I completely understand.  I am a huge fan of L&O and are sad to see Lenny go.  But we have lost quite a few good ones on this show, including Chris Noth.  I'm sure I will still watch.  Not quite sure how I feel about Dennis Farina playing the new detective.  He doesn't give me any warm fuzzies.  He will have to be really good to impress me.  

I'm exactly the opposite. I still watch "L&O", but mostly out of habit, and it's only the reruns on TNT that really interest me. However, I LOVE Dennis Farina. Love him. I haven't anticipated one single season of "L&O" since Cary Lowell left. I'm actually excited to see it again this Fall. That's solely because of Farina.

"Fu*k you, Fu*kball."
- Ray "Bones" Barboni, Get Shorty

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man you stay with him, and if you can't do that you're like some animal, you're finished. We're all finished."
[email protected]

Hi Yo Silver, away!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2004, 12:39:32 PM »

King of Queens ( My wife says I act same way Doug ;D )

CSI: Miami

"And In The End, The Love You Take Is Equal To The Love You Make." ( The Beatles )
blonde

Email
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2004, 05:28:16 PM »

King of Queens ( My wife says I act same way Doug ;D )

Not sure if that's a compliment or insult! :) :D :) :D ;D
That show is great.  Jerry Stiller is great on the show.  He cracks me up.  

CSI:Miami is another one of my favorites.  CSI:NY looks great too and that starts up in the fall.
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

Your mouthwash aint makin' it.

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2004, 09:17:57 PM »

Not sure if that's a compliment or insult! :) :D :) :D ;D
That show is great.  Jerry Stiller is great on the show.  He cracks me up.  

Arthur always crakcs me up when he starts yelling and overreacting over any little thing.  ;D

He also did a great job on Seinfeld.

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2004, 09:40:17 PM »

CSI:Miami is another one of my favorites.  CSI:NY looks great too and that starts up in the fall.

I'm iffy on "CSI: New York". I might check out the pilot and maybe the second episode but I just don't like the fact it's not shot on location in New York City. And another CSI? Come on. "CSI: Miami" came on the air too early; "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" was only in it's third season when Miami came on. Now it's going into it's fifth and Miami is going into it's third and they're already putting another one on the air? CBS is over-saturating the market with them.

"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" was a new, fresh, hip, cutting edge show when it premiered and now it's just getting down being the same old, same old. Even William Peterson, Gil Grissom on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", has said he wasn't to keen on the idea of "CSI: Miami" premiering when it did. He wasn't against it, he just felt it came too early. He also feels the same way about "CSI: New York".

The back door pilot for New York (The second to last episode of CSI: Miami's second season, when Haratio Cane went to NY on the trail of a killer) didn't help in my pre-judegements eithers. In fact, it made me think that New York could possibly be a bad show. It just looked weak and didn't have the same feeling as Miami's back door pilot on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation".

Oh well enough of me rambling. ;D
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2004, 05:52:52 AM »

Yes, "Law & Order" is still on the air. But no, Orbach is no longer on the show. He just left at the end of this past season in May. But Jerry and his wise-cracking Lenny Briscoe will be a sometimes character on yet another "Law & Order" spin-off that  starts this Fall.

His replacement on "Law & Order" is Dennis Farina, the real-life Chicago cop turned character actor who's best work includes Get Shorty, Midnight Run, Snatch, Men of Respect and "Crime Story".

Thanks HP,

so the last of the original cast is gone...
Farina should bring something new and vital to the series.

WKC.

masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2004, 08:20:41 AM »

Borat's Television Programme.

Anyone manage to catch this?

One of the funniest things in ages, from the person who plays Ali-G comes Borat, the Kazahkstan television presenter, who is doing a documantry on USA. (His follow up to the one he made in the UK.) The great thing about this is that the people he interviews do not relize it is a spoof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This offensive laugh a minute comedy is very near the mark.   The most offensive part so far is his some 'In my country there is problem' which talks about some of the problems in Kazahkstan.

To get the link, PM me, because It may not be suitable on the board.

I'm looking foward to 'Da New Ali-G show' which is going to be great.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 10:25:10 AM by mgk » Logged
blonde

Email
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2004, 05:22:57 PM »

so the last of the original cast is gone...
Farina should bring something new and vital to the series.

Jerry Orbach wasn't from the original cast of L&O.  Jerry didn't come on until the 3rd season after Paul Sorvino left the show.  
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »

Jerry Orbach wasn't from the original cast of L&O.  Jerry didn't come on until the 3rd season after Paul Sorvino left the show.  

Oops...  I remember there was a fuss over Michael Moriarty leaving, and then I really liked Sam Waterston as his replacement.  I don't think I saw many eps with Moriarty, so I probably only started watching in the 3rd season.  my boo boo :-[.

WKC.

blonde

Email
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2004, 07:20:10 PM »

I really like Sam Waterson too.  I think he was a great replacement for Michael leaving.  I really enjoyed Michael as the ADA but Waterson is so good in this role.  

FYI:  George Dzundza was the original partner for Chris Noth.  Sorvino came on after Dzundza's character was killed.  Then Sovino's character got shot at the end of the second season and that's when Orbach came on.  I am sad he left.  I am going to miss his comical jokes.  
No Fear

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2004, 04:45:20 AM »

The Shield is the best show at the moment. It just gets better by the season. Watch out for the next one this fall... Makes CSI and Law & Order look like Nickelodeon...

No one calls me that with my boots off...
Wombat

"Now spit"

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2004, 05:39:23 AM »

L & O (Criminal Intent) - Goran has come a long way from the USMC Barracks in 'Full Metal Jacket'.  Excellent series.

Rgerads,

Wombat

"I'll be comin' with ya"
blonde

Email
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2004, 08:30:37 AM »

L & O (Criminal Intent) - Goran has come a long way from the USMC Barracks in 'Full Metal Jacket'.  Excellent series.

Rgerads,

Wombat

I love this show.  Goran is great in it.  I just watched Full Metal Jacket the other night and still can't believe that's him.  
Wombat

"Now spit"

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2004, 05:14:16 AM »

Blonde,

I know what you mean re Goran.  I have my own copy of FMJ and I have watched it many times.  Goran when he is in the 'heads' and sitting down loading his magazine with the deranged look on his face is expertly done.  Occasionally, in L & O (CI) you can see the facial expressions reflecting the disturbed nature of the Marine recruit !

Both great and powerful shows in their own right !

M I C K E Y   M O U S E !!!

Reghrads,

Wombat

"I'll be comin' with ya"
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2004, 12:46:47 PM »

My wife and I try to keep up with the following:  Cold Case, all 3 Law & Order shows, Crossing Jordan, both CSI shows (I'm sure we'll be adding CSI:NY to our list), NYPD Blue, ER, Third Watch & 24.  Others we like are the Bill Curtis shows on A&E, Investigative Reports and Cold Case Files.  Comedy's great, too, and we love That 70s Show and Whose Line Is It Anyway.  Lately we've been watching Everybody Loves Raymond and Two And A Half Men.
blonde

Email
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2004, 06:29:51 PM »

I just saw for the first time last night Entourage.  I really really liked it.  Of course the season finale is tonight.  Nothing like coming into a show at the last minute.  Hopefully HBO will show reruns so I can catch up.   ;D
Wombat

"Now spit"

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2004, 05:44:47 AM »

Without a Trace - is a show that I enjoy.  And the fact that Jack Malone is an Australian has nothing to do with it.

NCIS - not bad also.  I enjoy watching the Young Lady with the Dog Collar in the lab !!  Her name escapes me at this instant but she is good fun.

Regards,

Wombat

"I'll be comin' with ya"
blonde

Email
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2004, 04:44:02 PM »

Without a Trace - is a show that I enjoy.  And the fact that Jack Malone is an Australian has nothing to do with it.

Did you see the season finale of Without a Trace?  I missed it.  Did Jack Malone end up leaving for Chicago with his wife or did he end up staying?  I really enjoy this show and I have been watching the reruns to see if he left but they haven't aired the season finale again.   :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T