News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Current TV Shows  (Read 111944 times)
Wombat

"Now spit"

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2004, 06:14:58 AM »

DON'T TELL ME THE ANSWER TO BLONDE'S QUESTION !!!  We are a few months behind in the programme and Jack is just having hissy fits with his wife at the moment !!

I don't need to know the ending before I see it.  Please, pretty please, with sugar on top !

Regards,

Wombat

"I'll be comin' with ya"
blonde

Email
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2004, 07:24:25 AM »

DON'T TELL ME THE ANSWER TO BLONDE'S QUESTION !!!  We are a few months behind in the programme and Jack is just having hissy fits with his wife at the moment !!

I don't need to know the ending before I see it.  Please, pretty please, with sugar on top !

Regards,

Wombat

Okay okay okay, I won't spill the beans.  Turns out the season finale was on last night.  I saw it!  My lips are sealed.   ;D
Wombat

"Now spit"

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2004, 06:01:43 AM »

But was it good Blonde ?  Was it good ?

Regards,

Wombat

PS.  But don't tell me the ending - I implore you !! W !

"I'll be comin' with ya"
blonde

Email
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2004, 08:51:24 AM »

Of course it was good Wombat.  I won't be a spoiler.  If you want any little hints let me know though.   ;D

The season premiere starts up next week.  
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 08:52:49 AM by blonde » Logged
Wombat

"Now spit"

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2004, 05:11:45 AM »

Blonde,

Thou art wicked !!!

And poor Jack Malone didn't get an Emmy for his role in 'WOAT'.  Darn, darn and double darn !!!

No Aussies got a gurnsey this time round.  Don't tell me the novelty of Australianna is wearing off in Hollywood !!
And/or where-ever else TV Shows are made in the US of A.

Regards,

Wombat

"I'll be comin' with ya"
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2004, 06:37:23 AM »

Hey "Curb Your Enthusiasm" didn't win anything. That's just wrong.

But at least "The Daily Show" took home "Best Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program" and "Best Variety, Music or Comedy Series", which it rightfully deserved.
Gino M

The Godfather... as a kid.

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2004, 09:12:20 AM »

Hey "Curb Your Enthusiasm" didn't win anything. That's just wrong.

But at least "The Daily Show" took home "Best Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program" and "Best Variety, Music or Comedy Series", which it rightfully deserved.

I thought that "The Chappelle Show" should have won. While "The Daily Show" is pretty good it seems that he's gone a main stream a lot and the humor it's the same.  What I was really suprised about was the "Everyone Loves Raymond and the  "Friends" shut-out and "Frasier" winnning best actor and best supporting actor.

"I'm in waste management!!  If anyone asks you...."You ain't seen nothin'!"
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2004, 09:27:03 AM »

I've heard a lot of good things about The Chappelle Show, but have only seen a little bit of it. It was funny from what I saw. I've only seen a little bit of The Daily Show as well, so I don't know exactly how I'd feel about it, other than the fact it felt more like they were really trying to be funny. Naturally, being a huge Letterman fan I always agreed during those several years that his show won that award straight, but I think I would have rather seen Chappelle win, if I were going to choose another besides The Late Show.

It didn't surprise me to see Frasier win some, with it having been the final season. I know it was Friends last year as well, but I've never actually seen an episode of Friends in my entire life, but I'll take a guess that I'd like Frasier a lot more, and it probably is the better show (okay, that's not a fair statement, but I've seen clips of Friends, and it really never looked all that great).

I love Everybody Loves Raymond, but I didn't expect it to win. Maybe next year, with it being the last season. ::)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2005, 08:29:26 PM »

My favorites in order that they are shown here in Australia:
Sunday:             Law and Order:Criminal Intent
                          N.C.I.S
Monday:            Two and a half men
                          Law and Order
                         Cold Case
                         The Agency
                         Crossing Jordan
Tuesday:           C.S.I
                         The West Wing
Wednesday:     C.S.I.Miami
                         Without a Trace
                         The District
Thursday:          Law and Order S.V.U.
                         Stargate S.G-1
Friday &
Saturday:         Some of those shows I had to tape       during the week because they are on too late or on at    the same time but on different channels. :)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2005, 08:38:15 PM »

:o Blimey tgy, you have your work cut out!

I don't watch many TV shows, but I am a sucker for The West Wing.  I think we're only just ahead of you in Australia, because we're on series 5 at the moment. 

Martin Sheen
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2005, 08:44:42 PM »

I don't watch many TV shows, but I am a sucker for The West Wing.  I think we're only just ahead of you in Australia, because we're on series 5 at the moment. 

Martin Sheen

I don't know about that.Here Channel 9 have butchered this great show firstly by showing it at 10:30 at night then pulling it from the schedule without warning from one week to another.I set the video on Tuesday night for it,but won't be surprised when I go to look at it,that it wasn't on.

Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2005, 08:53:04 PM »

Bummer.   >:(  It's on regularly at 7.40pm on Fridays here and has high ratings so they don't mess with it. 
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2005, 10:43:08 PM »

Sunday:             Law and Order:Criminal Intent

This sunday's episode,the viewers get to vote on the ending.Does Olivia D'abo's character live or die.Was this done in the U.S. and if so which way did the vote go?

Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2005, 12:17:37 AM »

I feel so out of the loop I don't watch any of the CSI shows.  Oh well I don't have the time to. 

The shows I watch regularly or semi-regularly are: The Apprentice, The Daily Show, Letterman, O'Reilly Factor, Countdown with Keith Oberman, Dennis Miller, Becker (re-runs), M*A*S*H (re-runs), Rawhide (re-runs) and occassionally American Idol - yes shame I know. 

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2005, 08:43:56 AM »

I've been catching Everybody Loves Raymond here in the UK in the mornings and gradualy it's won me over. Funny Stuff...

I used to watch some of the C.S.I shows but their beginning to bore me a little now. Havn't seen CSI NY yet.

Looking forward to Curb Your Enthusiasm when it finally gets here.

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
slacker

its been a long road, there's no turning back

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2005, 10:34:24 AM »

Has to be "Shameless" first and foremost, a funnier program i have not seen in a long long time, proper northen humour and above all it is set in Manchester

Then "The Soprano's"

"The West Wing"

"Six Feet Under"

"Point Pleasant" is starting to get interesting too.

As for 24 and CSI the originals were great so why spoil the formulae

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
gimpy
Member Extraordinaire

Tough IS Enough!

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2005, 12:34:54 PM »

Don't see CSI NY if they're boring you. It's the last one you want to see out of the series.

"No one eats ketchup with their hotdogs!"
-Dirty Harry
slacker

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2005, 01:05:51 PM »

Really the Original was pretty good but that CSI Miami with David Caruso was all glam and very little else, give me the original Manhunter "William Peterson" any day

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2005, 11:02:49 PM »

I really digging 24 right now.  Everytime I see William Devain I think of Space Cowboys...

A guilty pleasure of mine is Antique Roadshow.  It's fun to watch these people bring in all this stuff to get it appraised.  Hummm, this 19th century tea cabnit $82,000!!!!  Or, it's a fake, it worth about five bucks...
slacker

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2005, 03:46:49 AM »

I really digging 24 right now.  Everytime I see William Devain I think of Space Cowboys...

Lol he always reminds me of the "Marathon Man" gee what a film that was ............

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T