News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Current TV Shows  (Read 183167 times)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #660 on: October 11, 2021, 01:02:06 PM »

Anyone seen Only Murders in the Building ? It?s streaming on Disney + here in Australia. Starring Steve Martin and Martin Short, who make a podcast of a murder that took place in their apartment building in New York. It?s quite funny and I?m really enjoying it.

I tried to watch this. I didn't like it. To me, the light, comedic tone doesn't fit the subject matter. I would have much preferred this if it were more dramatic given that this is a murder mystery. Also, although Steve Martin and Martin Short are good actors, I feel like Selena Gomez is miscast. It's a very popular show though, so I think I'm probably in the minority with my opinion.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #661 on: October 11, 2021, 01:05:28 PM »

Cool? I didn?t realise there?s a US version. I like this show too

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #662 on: October 13, 2021, 09:26:55 AM »

The UK series also stars Lolly Adefope who I thought was very good in the US series Shrill..

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #663 on: October 13, 2021, 09:30:13 AM »

Ive just finished watching Nine Perfect Strangers starring Nicole Kidman which was very good..
and also White Lotus which I thought was excellent? 👍

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #664 on: October 13, 2021, 09:41:35 AM »

The UK series also stars Lolly Adefope who I thought was very good in the US series Shrill..
I had to look her up to see which one she is. She's very funny in the series! I see she was also in the last Mission: Impossible movie.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #665 on: October 14, 2021, 05:29:56 AM »

Shes great?as well as Shrill she?s been in a few things and apparently is also a very funny stand up tho I haven?t managed to see her yet..

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #666 on: October 30, 2021, 03:45:05 PM »

I finished the UK Ghosts on HBO Max. Or I should say I'm caught up with what's out so far. I did see that a Christmas episode is coming this year, and there's a good chance there will be a fourth season, or series, I guess they're referred to as over there. I really enjoyed the series. There were some laugh out loud moments along the way. And I'm still enjoying the US version as well. The first few episodes were basically remakes of UK episodes, but the most recent was a Halloween themed episode that was different than anything in the original series.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #667 on: October 31, 2021, 12:47:39 AM »

Anyone else watching the Korean series Squid Games? I?ve enjoyed it

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #668 on: November 14, 2021, 01:11:47 PM »

Disney + here in Australia have started showing the Michael Keaton series, Dopesick. I?d never heard of it until yesterday when I saw it advertised on a huge billboard. We watched the first couple of episodes last night and have to wait until each Friday for the next episode. The final episode will drop on Xmas eve.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #669 on: November 14, 2021, 07:28:10 PM »

I've been watching "Dopesick." I actually went to the Washington DC premiere of the series after receiving an invitation to go, and am a total health policy nerd, so the series appealed to me when I heard about it. I read a previous book about the opioid crisis called Dreamland, which wasn't the basis for this show, but which I highly recommend if you want to learn about the crisis. I think it's a pretty well done show.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #670 on: November 15, 2021, 09:29:02 AM »

I've been watching Just Beyond on Disney+. It's an anthology series based on a graphic novel series written by R.L. Stine and drawn by Kelly and Nichole Matthews. I've loved Stine since I was a kid, so I was interested in watching this series and was able to start up my subscription again for just $2 for one month (a promotional price). The show is fun. It is for kids of course, so they allow it to be creepy at times but not really scary. It wouldn't be for really little kids though.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #671 on: November 17, 2021, 01:25:10 AM »

Just dived into season 3 of Succession?. This show is plain awesome

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #672 on: November 19, 2021, 04:26:19 PM »

Does anyone else here watch Ted Lasso ?

Its  taken me a little while to get into it? but Im getting there

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #673 on: November 27, 2021, 08:37:30 AM »

Anyone seen Only Murders in the Building ? It?s streaming on Disney + here in Australia. Starring Steve Martin and Martin Short, who make a podcast of a murder that took place in their apartment building in New York. It?s quite funny and I?m really enjoying it.
I watched the first two episodes last night (only it's on Hulu here, but I know Disney owns that). I like it. It's comedic but there's definitely something dark and mysterious about it, so I don't see it as being really light like AKA mentioned earlier.

SK, it's cool they don't split the series up on multiple streaming companies there. I don't think our Disney+ would air Only Murders in the Building because of the language. They don't do anything beyond PG-13 in the US, which I'm fine with, but it's nice you get all of those shows on the one instead of also having to have Hulu.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 08:41:25 AM by Christopher » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T