News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unique Eastwood Movie Memorabilia...  (Read 1393 times)
Blu

Would you like some of Bill Carson's tobacco too ?

View Profile Email
« on: August 21, 2004, 07:32:08 PM »

..... Hear Ye, Hear Ye.....

...O.K. folks, here it is.  Probably your last chance to get a genuine piece of iron rail from the train trestle that Clint jumped from at the end of Dirty Harry.  Yes, this is the real McCoy .  As some of you may already know from reading the post titled "The Train Trestle" in the DH forum,  the trestle was finally demolished about a year ago for safety and road widening reasons by the City of Larkspur.  I found out where they took the scrap, and aquired about 8 feet of it.  There is a good chance that this particular length of rail came from the section of trestle which spanned lane #3.  Clint  jumped from lane #2....   Several members of the board ordered pieces of it, including KC.  The cost is about $25 for 6" or $1.52 an inch plus $16 for cutting and misc. costs.   The signed, laminated certificate of authenticity is $13.   For shipping cost estimates, the rail weighs just over 2 lbs. per inch....
      I have an order on hold from a board member down under, but I need 4-5 more orders to have the remaining rail cut up.  Supplies are limited.  Folks, this is truly a unique piece of Eastwood cinematic memorabilia.   The rail could be used as book/DVD/CD "ends" with a little work.
       The rail can be cut to any length over 1" , but I would prefer orders of 4"-6"....

If you're interested, send an email with desired length and delivery service specs along with your name and address.  When I get enough orders, the offer expires and the thread should be closed -- hello KC..   The pieces will be shipped after I get payment.  Money back guarantee.....

-Blu
[email protected]

P.S.  A piece of it was shipped to Clint himself from what I was told by the guy who saved the actual section that he stood over in Dirty Harry.  Order yours now !  -Blu  8)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 07:53:31 PM by Blu » Logged

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin'[/b]...."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 08:48:49 PM »

This is a great thing to have ... and the certificate is very handsome, too. Highly recommended!
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 09:07:37 PM »

There are no more trestle pieces available at this time. If blu acquires more, he'll be selling them on eBay. He's asked that this thread be closed now, as they're no longer being sold through the board.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T