News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RPG?  (Read 3061 times)
AmateurActor

You talkin' to me?

View Profile Email
« on: October 04, 2004, 12:11:11 AM »

OK, so you've probably guessed from my name that I am somewhat of a thespian (although I've never looked at another man in my life  ;D). I was wondering of the idea of a RPG had been mooted around the boards since its inception? They are great fun and possible topics could be a Dirty Harry RPG or the further adventures of The Man With No Name. Hell, maybe even Mitchell Gant could fly one more rogue mission or Frank Horrigan comes out of retirement?

Just a suggestion.

AA

"Cockamamie...now that's a word your generation hasn't embraced yet."
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 04:58:59 AM »

By "RPG" ... you mean Role Playing Game?  How would that work?  Once we had a contest where a Scorpio had to provide clues and a Dirty Harry had to solve them -- or something to that affect, as I wasn't able to participate.  Maybe you could start such a game in the Trivia Games area, and if people are interested, they'll follow along, and if not ... well, then the thread will die out.  

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
AmateurActor

You talkin' to me?

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 06:35:40 AM »

By "RPG" ... you mean Role Playing Game?  How would that work?  Once we had a contest where a Scorpio had to provide clues and a Dirty Harry had to solve them -- or something to that affect, as I wasn't able to participate.  Maybe you could start such a game in the Trivia Games area, and if people are interested, they'll follow along, and if not ... well, then the thread will die out.  

It would involve different members of the forum taking characters on, e.g. Matt could be Harry, Brendan could be Lieutenant Bressler, someone else to play DiGiorgio etc etc. A scenario would be created like a serial killer is operating in San Francisco and Harry has to catch him.  Clues would be provided along the way. Somebody could play the killer providing they have the stomach for it :)

We could even bring other Eastwood characters into it such as Ben Shockley, Terrell McCaleb etc.

slacker

its been a long road, there's no turning back

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 09:07:58 AM »

Hey amatuer actor with regards to the CE RPG.....put me down for that...i haven't a clue how would do this...i do know some sims are email based as opposed to being online.....but you would have to find or set up another site to do this surely....

anyways i am game

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
AmateurActor

You talkin' to me?

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 10:23:40 AM »

Hey amatuer actor with regards to the CE RPG.....put me down for that...i haven't a clue how would do this...

It's really like writing an instalment of a story. It can be done in first or third person, depending on the poster's preferences.

i do know some sims are email based as opposed to being online.....but you would have to find or set up another site to do this surely....

It could be done from this message board, but the administrator would have to set up a new board dedicated to it. I participated in an RPG on a similar message board recently and it's quite easy to do.

Glad you're interested, slacker :)

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 03:34:39 PM »

This board is here for discussion of Eastwood's movies, and trivia games related to his films. We only added an off-topic forum recently to give our members a place to discuss their other favorite movies and artists... but I really don't see us adding a forum for role-players.  There's a lot of free message board sites, why not find one and start your own?
AmateurActor

You talkin' to me?

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 05:59:12 PM »

Excuse me. It was only an idea.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 07:19:33 PM »

And mine was only a response, no attitude behind it. :)

A role play game can take up a whole message board. Since this board is set up for serious film discussion (actually, probably more in-depth than any other message board on the internet) role playing really is not something we're going to want here.  But, since we're all Eastwood fans, if you find some people here who want to do a game, find a message board, and put a game together. That's all I'm saying. :)
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2004, 05:29:26 AM »

I think what he means is like to start a thread where all participating members would have to be online at the same time and then start off with a basic idea for a scenario thats clint related..everyone has a character and interacts with the others as that character...
all im saying is, it wouldnt take that much space...just a regular thread that would end up a bit longer than the usual and could be erased at the end of the game
 Ive seen a lot of other boards do it..it wouldnt be too complicated

But if it happens/im probably not in  :P
Never liked role playing games much

im just saying it wouldnt take as much space as you all seem to think... :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 05:32:46 AM by misty71 » Logged

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T