News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EBay Auction for remaining DH trestle pieces...  (Read 9039 times)
Blu

Would you like some of Bill Carson's tobacco too ?

View Profile Email
« on: November 29, 2004, 02:43:15 PM »

Folks this is Blu speaking again.  For those of you who may still be interested, I put the last large chunk of DH trestle rail that I have (that has not been claimed) up for auction on EBay.  The bidding starts tonight (Mon. 11/29) at 7:30pm.   Aside from this piece, I only have two 1" thick 'paperweights' that I will probably have engraved and put up for bid on EBay.   More could be aquired, but I have no plans to buy any more of it if demand isn't  great.  You can preview the notice here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3856886412&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting

Do you feel lucky punk ?   8)

-Blu

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin'[/b]...."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 10:00:11 PM »

... including one by a site web-board moderator.
That would be me. ;)

Good luck, Blu ... it's good stuff.
Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 10:10:26 PM »

.....Actually, this is my first time selling on EBay.  It's a bit complicated the first time, but you get the hang of it after a while.  We'll see just how good the revered online digital auctioneer is !  

If anyone at Malpaso happens to be reading this, including you Clint, please feel free to bid on it.  This stuff is like real estate.  They ain't makin' any more of it.

-Blu   8)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 10:16:56 PM by Blu » Logged

vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 02:05:23 AM »

if you haven't got one get one their great

mine is one end of my dvd collection

england -  its flag the St George flag
Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 12:42:09 PM »

....Just thought I would update y'all.  There is only a few hours left in the auction.  Like I said in the description, I won't be buying any more of it if demand isn't great, and from the looks of it, ( unless all the interested bidders are holding off until the last hour ), demand isn't so great :'( ....What this means is that the few pieces of the trestle that were bought from myself or saved and given away by the contractor will be the only ones around, out in this big ol' world.  So, to you board members who bought some, my thanks and so much the better.... Your pieces may be worth something at an Antiques Roadshow or Christie's/ Sotheby's auction a few years (or decades) from now !   ;)

-Blu  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 12:48:54 PM by Blu » Logged

Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 08:41:26 PM »

...Well the auction is over and it looks like my brother-in-law is the proud owner of it --just kidding Mike....

There were 148 hits on the page and 5 "watchers" near the end, but amazingly no one else bid on it.  This economy must be in worse shape than they are telling us....
       That settles it.  I will buy no more of it.   I may put the "paperweights" up for auction if I can find a few spare bills to have them engraved.

-Blu   :-[
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 08:45:10 PM by Blu » Logged

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 09:01:02 PM »

Blu, maybe the zero feedback rating put off some bidders. I'm really hesitant to bid on something from someone who has no eBay history. It could explain it...
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 09:05:27 PM »

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 09:07:46 PM »

With a product that's nearly $50 including shipping... no feedback rating hurts.  :-\
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 09:15:47 PM »

Gosh, Blu, that's too bad. Maybe the time just wasn't right. Or, as Matt  said ... maybe you just need more feedback.  :-\
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 02:06:36 AM »

yeh Blu i appreciated all your hardwork - looks like all true clint fans are on this board  ;)

maybe after MDB there will be more interest

Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 10:06:57 AM »

I really would have loved to buy it, Blu but I'm kinda broke these days  :'( ... yeah,  I bought too many Eastwood DVDs lately !!!  ;D ;D ...

I was one of the 5 "watchers" you were talking about ... very tempting indeed, but a woman's got to know her limitations, especially when it comes to shopping !  ;)

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 12:09:53 PM »

"Everyone has to start somewhere."

I've been "starting somewhere" my whole life Philo.  The bid by my brother-in-law put in was actually a "pump primer" bid.  So the piece is actually still available American Beauty.

Maybe engraved paperweights would sell better since shipping weight would only be 2-3 lbs.  "Value added" products sometimes sell better.  But then again, at 50 cents a letter plus setup costs, maybe not....

Well maybe my patent will find a licensee shortly....
Don't know if I can plug that here KC ... :-X   ;)
-Blu

« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 10:56:07 AM by Blu » Logged

Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 12:41:54 PM »

The bid by my brother-in-law was actually an "pump primer" bid.  So the piece is actually still available American Beauty.

Maybe engraved paperweights would sell better since shipping weight would only be 2-3 lbs.  "Value added" products sometimes sell better.  But then again, at 50 cents a letter plus setup costs, maybe not....
-Blu
That's really good news Blu !  ;D
And with Christmas and all, I hope I'll find a way to buy one of the above -either paperweights or the trestle piece ... but the problem was that the shipping cost was, for me, almost higher than the actual price of the item ... :'(

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 09:07:36 PM »

One last note on the DH trestle iron.  I finally finished that historic trestle rail display for the Lark theater.  It has a line on the engraved plate (after the historic info.) that reads:

"Hollywood actor and director Clint Eastwood stood near these pieces of rail at the end of the 1971 film Dirty Harry."

It is supposed to be on display in the lobby, but they have yet to find an appropriate 'pedestal' to put it on.  I have a picture of it if anyone wants to see it.

The Lark was restored to its original 1930's art deco-era form this past summer after being shuttered for nearly a decade.  It is being run as a non-profit, volunteer staffed, independent/ foreign filmhouse which also screens first-run Hollywood movies.  They finally fired up the old neon marquee again just this past week.  I don't know if they are going to be able to pay off the $325,000 or so renovation bill they rang up to do this, but maybe this display will help generate some interest in the place...

http://larktheater.net/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

-Blu.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 10:48:26 AM by Blu » Logged

Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 11:31:05 PM »

One last note on the DH trestle iron.  I finally finished that historic trestle rail display for the Lark theater.  It has a line on the engraved plate (after the historic info.) that reads:

"Hollywood actor and director Clint Eastwood stood near these pieces of rail at the end of the 1971 film Dirty Harry."

It is supposed to be on display in the lobby, but they have yet to find an appropriate 'pedestal' to put it on.  I have a picture of it if anyone wants to see it.

Hey,

that's a pretty nice way to top off the whole trestle salvation effort Blu 8).

WKC.

vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2004, 07:39:35 AM »

well done Blu there should be a CE badge for clint eastwood endeavour

Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005, 11:17:09 AM »

....I've noticed the number of "views" for this post is still going up. To any of you who are still interested in this one-of-a-kind piece of Dirty Harry memorabilia, it is still available.   Feel free to PM me....Blu   8)

Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2005, 10:39:43 AM »

355 views and climbing....  Folks, if you want it -- I got it.   Authenticity guaranteed.   E-mail me at [email protected].

-Blu
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 10:46:37 AM by Blu » Logged

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 05:57:09 PM »

Blu received a request for pictures of this display of the trestle pieces that he did for the Lark Theater, and e-mailed me the pictures to host and post for him. Here they are:

It looks great, Blu!  O0

(Since Ally discovered ImageShack a few months ago, a lot of us have been using their site for free image hosting. These pictures were hosted there, and if anyone should ever need pictures hosted, it's a fantastic find. Directions are available on their site for even those who are technologically challenged. ImageShack.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T