News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Board updates and maintenance  (Read 29722 times)
Cal
Administrator

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 27, 2004, 09:27:34 PM »

This board has been successfully updated and database transfered. For the most part, it looks and runs pretty much the way it did but there are many new options and all the code running everything is new. I''d reccomend everyone checking out their profile page as there are many new options there.

Please excuse the dust whilst I tweak a few things during the next few days or so. There will be some more bug fixes etc coming in the next couple weeks as well.

I will be creating some new themes that users can use as well that will replace the Dark/Mocha stylesheet that is running now. These themes will be controlled by each user within the profiles page.

Anyway, that is it for now. If you run into any major issues, please let me know. I''ll be working on this during the next fe days and into the weeks ahead, fixing stuff and tweaking things here and there, so should the board be closed it is only temporary.

Thanks.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 09:29:09 PM »

Cal, what about the double apostrophes? That is ... I''m typing one apostrophe ... but I''m seeing two!  :o
Cal
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 10:00:06 PM »

Them be bug'zz. But I think I fixed that I reck'on.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 10:15:20 PM »

Let's see ... yup, I'm guessing you've got 'er fixed!  ;D
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »

Cal, you need to make the font in the "Last post" column (on the main Web Board page) smaller. Not enough of the topic title shows. That's one thing I recall you adjusted back when the board got started in this format, so it probably reverted to the default.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 11:36:41 PM »

Cal, is it possible to update the board time so that it is correct? Is that already one of the corrections that you are planning on making, or is it too much hassle? If so, it's not a huge problem, but if not, I think it would be a good change to make :) Good luck with all of the remaining changes, and I hope that your changes are able to be made smoothly and without too much effort on your part! Thanks for all the hard work :) 
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 12:58:46 AM »

The tags appear to work properly with Firefox now 8) !! REJOICE!! ;D
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 01:17:36 AM »

I like that you are now able to check out everyone's stat's.  It's kind of fun.  From what I've seen everyone here likes to get on late at night, we're all so insomniac.   ;D

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
Cal
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2004, 06:20:04 AM »

Cal, is it possible to update the board time so that it is correct? Is that already one of the corrections that you are planning on making, or is it too much hassle? If so, it's not a huge problem, but if not, I think it would be a good change to make :) Good luck with all of the remaining changes, and I hope that your changes are able to be made smoothly and without too much effort on your part! Thanks for all the hard work :) 

You can custoize your time under your Profile settings.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004, 09:24:37 AM »

I like that you are now able to check out everyone's stat's.  It's kind of fun.  From what I've seen everyone here likes to get on late at night, we're all so insomniac.   ;D
For the most part, I seem to be an any-time-of-the-day poster. ;) Or at least, anytime I'm awake.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 10:49:56 AM »

I know that we can adjust the board time via our profiles, but I'm not talking about that. Even with an adjusted board time for time zone differences, the board time is still around 6 or 7 minutes behind the actual time. If it's possible to change the time for hours and minutes, let me know, but I couldn't figure out that option. I'd like it to be 1 hour and 7 minutes different rather than just being able to adjust it by +/- one hour. 
Cal
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 01:17:57 PM »

So what you are saying is that the server is a few minutes slow?
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2004, 04:17:48 PM »

I just noticed the "Cats or Dogs" thread isn't on the board, but I can still get to it through my recent posts. Has anyone else noticed any "missing" threads?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004, 04:39:55 PM »

Why, when you post, does it take you out to the forum index page instead of to the end of the thread you posted in?  ???
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2004, 04:41:25 PM »

I just noticed the "Cats or Dogs" thread isn't on the board, but I can still get to it through my recent posts. Has anyone else noticed any "missing" threads?
Maybe it's because it was a poll?  ???
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2004, 05:21:53 PM »

What's even stranger is that I just posted in that thread. It's on the front page of the board, but you can't find it in the Off Topic forum index.  ???
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2004, 05:31:16 PM »

Maybe it's because it was a poll?  ???

That's gotta be it. I don't see a way of starting new polls anymore either.
Cal
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2004, 08:22:44 PM »

OK I turned on the Poll feature again. Had some tweaks I had to do first. Hopefully all is good.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2004, 08:40:30 PM »

Cal, I think there might be a little too much information available now. In the "Who's online" feature, members can see everything we're doing now, even if you're sending a private message to someone. It's a little unnerving. Is that really necessary?

And I really don't think I want to see how many hours I spend her accumulatively. Over the course of a month or so, it'll be ridiculous.  ::)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2004, 08:49:26 PM »

I kinda like seeing what everyone's up to, especially all those mysterious "guests" ...  we always used to wonder why they didn't just sign up and post.  ;)

Did you notice what it says about Cal's "action"?
Nothing, or nothing you can see...
  :o  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T