News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The worst forged Clint Eastwood autograph  (Read 7696 times)
El bueno

View Profile Email
« on: January 20, 2005, 12:27:21 PM »

I think this autograph has to get an award as the worst forged Clint Eastwood autograph. 

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32988&item=3868651164&rd=1
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 12:43:36 PM »

Do they think we came down in the last shower? >:D
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 01:31:20 PM »

Surprisingly, I've seen worse, but that does look pretty bad. That doesn't look real to me.
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 03:45:46 PM »

Surprisingly, I've seen worse, but that does look pretty bad. That doesn't look real to me.

No, I believe that takes the cake. I've seen some bad ones as well but this one doesn't appear to try to resemble the name "Clint" and "Eastwood". It looks more like it says "Fred Coran" to me, whoever that may be??? That's terrible... and someone's bidding on it as well. Wow... they're getting shafted.
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 05:05:25 PM »

OH - MY - GOD !!!
WHAT is THAT ???

;D ;D ;D ;D

Definitely not a real one to me ... looks like a two years-old signed it.
That's a winner though ... Oscar of the worst Eastwood's autograph I've seen up to now.

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 07:34:29 PM »

Yes that is the winner, and it is not even from Magnum force.  :D

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 09:17:16 PM »

The seller is certainly in the winner's circle for "Worst English usage in an eBay Auction."  :o
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 03:31:00 AM »

It says that the signature is authentic who says and who authenticated it?
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 10:30:45 AM »

Its curious that the seller has an awesome 99.7 Ebay feedback rating.  Either this one slipped the seller's radar or he/she is great at coming through for suckers.  That sig is just absurd.

For fun several years ago I would browse through Ebayers feedback to find the worst of the worst and comments that would come along with that kind of profile.  I remember a guy having like 20 negatives and around 100 positives, the worst ratio I've ever seen.  The people posting neg comments can really make the most of one sentence.

gimpy
Member Extraordinaire

Tough IS Enough!

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2005, 01:12:36 AM »

hilarious  :D

"No one eats ketchup with their hotdogs!"
-Dirty Harry
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

The current bid is $25.00 dollars (U.S.).
You have gotta be kidding.Who would pay that ,for that piece of crap. :o

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
El bueno

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 11:59:19 PM »

You can bid with confidence on the items I offer. All come with a COA which I stand by 100%. Beware of forgeries on ebay. If you see a Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson, Cindy Crawford, Madonna, Barbara Streisand, etc. for around $50 please run in the other direction. If a dealer is offering one phoney item you can bet there are many others. From what I've seen on ebay this is a complete scam and everybody is in on it. If the so called expert is not known by The Manuscript Society than his opinion is worthless. As a matter of fact, the more 3rd party authentification you get with your autograph, the more you can bet that it's no good. These guys seem to be going overboard to convince you that what they are selling is real. Don't be fooled by a Sports company that authenticates every kind of autograph from every field in the world. Sports is where are all the fraud started in this business and it's not getting any better, it's getting worse! You wouldn't ask Marilyn Monroe about sports so why ask Joe D. about entertainment! There is no way a dealer in some state other than the NY area or Ca can offer very difficult celebrities at a less than expected price. They have to pay the person who obtained it and then try to make a profit on their own. If they're willing to sell a Harrison Ford for $50-$75 it means they paid $25 for it and there is no way on this earth any in-person collector (regardless of mental damage) would sell one at this price. The best wholesale price I could find for a real Harrison would be $100-$125 (and that's my price!!) I try to offer a decent selection of autographs at reasonable prices. I purposely stay away from most if not all of the above names because there is just no way to compete against the prices of the forgeries. I've met Harrison Ford, Barbara Streisand, and Madonna and I know what is involved in just obtaining one single signature from any of them.

The buyer of this badly forged Clint autograph has the above spiel on his eBay "about me" page.  Very ironic indeed! He also sells autographs himself

« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 12:09:38 AM by El bueno » Logged
El bueno

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2005, 01:05:32 AM »

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005, 12:43:09 PM »

Nice picture El bueno, pity they had to spoil it with that rubbish forgery!      :-\
El bueno

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 03:13:42 AM »

Nice picture El bueno, pity they had to spoil it with that rubbish forgery! :-\

Unfortunately most fraudulent autograph sellers on Ebay use popular and/or good quality celebrity photos to take the emphasis away from such badly forged signatures!
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 07:15:17 AM »

I hope my american (!) will not be too bad !
In 1995, just after i saw "Bridges of Madison " i wrote to Clint Eastwood ! I didn' t have his address, unfortunately, but i wrote to his restaurant in Carmel.
At this time i felt really sad and had small problems with my husband, and this movie upset me completly !
So i wrote how i had loved this wonderful story... time goes by, and several months later, i received a burst coming from California. A little bit surprised, i opened it...There was an autographed picture of Clint inside ! He's wearing the white shirt of Robert Kincaid on it so i  understood that He had read my letter ! For me of course it's an authentic autograph even if my husband and brothers are always saying it's his secretary one ! :)

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 01:38:02 PM »

Surely if you are going to forge a signature you should at least get a copy of how Clint really signs and then perfect it.  The ones we have seen on Ebay lately are all so different. If you really wanted to buy one wouldn't you notice the discrepancies and think before spending money.  You could always get a picture of Clint and sign it yourself for free.  It would have just as much value!! :o
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 08:19:25 AM »

Hi ! I'm "almost certain that my autographed picture is a real one just because ... it' the same writing as the Clint 's one on .... the Wall of Fame in Disneyland Paris !
When i'll have the  technical possibility i'll put the 2 pictures on the web !  What a serious proof !  In fact, i think i won't buy an autograph on Ebay, and as for mine it doesn't matter if it's wrong or if it's right, i don't want to sell it ! :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 01:42:22 PM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 12:14:28 PM »

;D ;D What about this one ?

The guy who signed this -not Clint  ::)- had a hard time reproducing his signature that's for sure ... he had shaky hands  ;D

"Million Dollar Baby" is one of the most best flims by Clint Eastwood. This movie is very great and has been nominated for more than 3 Ocars including Best Actor by Clint Eastwood and also Best Director...........Any one who know's Clint Eastwood that he hardly ever signs autograph, well I have 10 8"x"10 "Million Dollar Baby" Photo/Poster all sign by the Great One himself Mr. Clint Eastwood.
This seller should have taken grammar classes too ... can be useful  ::) ... how do you want to be credible and to sell things on ebay if you can't even write properly ?  :o

One of the most best flims by Clint Eastwood
;D ;D ;D ;D

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »

Spoiled a neat pic.      I really can't see that being the real thing. ???
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T