News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood Film Discussions  (Read 63067 times)
badguy

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2003, 08:42:40 AM »

Yeah I see what you mean Matt, I'm sure it takes a lot of time running a forum like this one and I'm also sure all the regular visitors appreciate the work you guys are going. I certainly do. And yeah, this is one of the friendliest boards I've ever come across, so there's no complaints there.

I was just thinking of different ways of attracting more traffic to the site and what I had in mind was more like a mailing list rather than sending out individual emails to all members. I used to run a list few years ago for a local band to help them promote their gigs, it seemed to help them as more people turned out to see them. Obviously that was a different situation, but it could help here too. Maybe one of the other "senior" members with a bit of time could help out?

Another thing that occurred to me, after Walt (I think) mentioned other "film" message boards, was that maybe it would be useful to post a few messages in all these other forums and invite people to have a look at the site and join? This is something that all of us could do to help...not just the moderators?

Well anyway... just thinking out loud... :)
bcm

Not all those who wander are lost

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2003, 03:32:00 PM »

I would just like to tell you, Philo, that I would really enjoy if you would share the thoughts you have about these films. I'm new on the board, I haven't read all you have already written before.  And in the current film discussions, it's like fitting these thoughts in a place where you can look them up again, later. It's bundled, all at one place. So new members, like me, can find their way to the things they are interested in much easier. So, even if you think that:
"I feel all has been covered somewhere here before ."
I still would be very thankful for you to write down those thougts again, for the Newbies :)

"He wondered what the man's name was and where he was from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home: and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace" Sam, TTT, written by JRR Tolkien, 1954
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2003, 10:49:28 AM »

Thanks BCM ,

I never really  thought of it  that way .

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2003, 05:48:57 PM »

I came home tonight and found there were eleven Misty topics that were active today.  That's great! ;D

Thanks Philo and MC for contributing to the discussions.  You're two of this board's MVP's and I enjoyed reading your  opinions in these threads and look forward to more posts whenever you both have the time to participate.   :)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2003, 05:33:34 PM »

The response in the film discussion threads over the past week has been fantastic!  It's great to see so many of our members participating now!  In a few weeks we'll be moving ahead with our next film discussion on Absolute Power, but please continue to post in the Hang 'em High discussion and the Play Misty for Me topics over the next few weeks.  

And remember to periodically check the film schedule thread HERE to see when the next discussion is beginning and to know which film to watch.  

Thanks again to everyone for your participation.... and keep those posts coming.   :)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2003, 04:32:46 PM »

Whew, I've been reading and typing as fast as I can for the past hour and a half, and I finally caught up to everyone in the FOD discussion.  Man, the board was really rocking over here tonight.  It's so great to see some new names over in that forum adding to our discussions. :)
cristinafb

From Madrid

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2003, 05:31:20 AM »

Hi everyone:

I am new member. I am from Spain. I'm afraid I can't take part on this discussion directly because of the time, but I must say that Matt has has a good idea.  :)

CRISTINA

CRISTINA FB
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2003, 09:39:29 PM »

Just a note to let everyone know we've decided to extend the Dirty Harry film discussion one week, since activity on the board has been pretty slow lately and we wanted to give a little more time for this discussion to really take off.  I've updated the film discussion schedule to reflect this change.  We will now be starting the Every Which Way But Loose discussion on July 13th rather than July 6th.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2003, 08:40:01 AM »

The Every Which Way But Loose discussion has been going well, and it's good to see so much participation again on the board.  Just a note that the Dirty Harry discussion is still open in the "Previous Film Discussions" forum and will be open for another two weeks.  

I've updated our film discussion schedule to show that we'll be starting the next discussion on August 3rd.  This time, the film we'll be discussing is The Eiger Sanction.  And for anyone who is purchasing these films as we discuss them, you can order In the Line of Fire too, since that discussion will follow The Eiger Sanction.  (Somewhere in the UK, Lilly is dancing with glee. ;) )
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2003, 10:06:17 AM »

Eiger sanction??? ;D ;D ;D
Alright! Ill definately have some good things to say about that movie! I know not many people liked it, but its among my favorites!!!And then in the line of fire??? Lol, this is gonna be a great summer ;D

Youre gonna be hearing lots from me, want it or not ;)

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2003, 10:19:57 AM »

Good!  I was a little concerned we wouldn't have much participation in this film discussion, since it's not one of the favorites of many here.  I like it too... and I look forward to discussing it.  

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2003, 04:09:04 PM »

Guess what!  :D

This is the only movie of Eastwoods I haven't seen the whole way though...

Looks like this is a good excuse to finally be able to say I've now seen all of his movies... ;D
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2003, 05:15:16 PM »

Somewhere in the UK, Lilly is dancing with glee.  

Hee hee...looking forward to it! :D

Eiger Sanction is one of Palm's favourites...where are you Palm?!  Come and discuss that love scene that you are so fond of watching! ;D (Purely for its artistic merit of course. ;))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 05:34:13 PM by Lilly » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2003, 06:13:21 AM »

Just a reminder that we'll be closing down the Dirty Harry discussion tonight to make way for our next discussion on The Eiger Sanction.  If anyone has anything they'd like to add to our Dirty Harry discussion, now's the time. :)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2003, 01:38:08 PM »

And for anyone who is purchasing these films as we discuss them, you can order In the Line of Fire too, since that discussion will follow The Eiger Sanction.  (Somewhere in the UK, Lilly is dancing with glee. ;) )
Hey, maybe we'll hear from AKA on the In the Line of Fire discussion. I know that's one of his favorites as well.
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2003, 12:59:50 AM »

Just wondering as to what film we'll be discussing next?  8)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2003, 08:44:41 AM »

I think everyone realizes the board has been pretty slow this summer.  We've tried to keep things moving along by having some really big film discussions, like Dirty Harry and this one on In the Line of Fire.  We've had some great responses from the members who are participating, but because it's been slow we're not seeing a whole lot of activity in these discussions. We'd like to keep the current film discussion open until more members have the time to participate. This is such a popular film, and such a great film, and there's so much to discuss that we could easily allow this one a month or more before we've talked it out.

Instead of announcing a new film discussion now, we're keeping our eyes on the In the Line of Fire discussion until we feel comfortable that this one was really discussed thoroughly before starting another one.

I'd like to thank everyone who IS participating in these discussions, and remind the members who aren't participating that there's threads in these discussions for everyone... whether you'd just like to add what your favorite scenes or quotes are or what you feel about a performance, or if you're more into discussing the technical sides of the film, there's topics for that too.  If everyone would take the time to look over some of the topics and just post whatever you feel you can add to the discussions, it will help us be able to keep offering them to everyone.
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2003, 02:13:04 AM »

the biweekly discussion is a great idea, i throughly enjoys reading it. but how about a chatforum? is that possible? if dates and time were aranged so we could get together on the net and chat directly with each other?
I know that the timeline between europe and the U.S poses a problem, but those of us who couldnt make it at the u.s chat could then have a european time chat.
Is that possible?

I dont think it would mean the end of the biweekly discussion board, because not all members could make it for the chats, but it might speed things up, especially for those members who doesnt come around the discussion board that much.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2003, 05:45:41 PM »

There's lots of chat software that members can use, like AIM, ICQ, Yahoo or Messenger. The idea of having a chat forum has been brought up before, but it's not something that we're looking into adding as part of this board. However, if you have a chat account with AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, or Messenger you can add your user name to your profile and can chat with other members who have done the same.

By the way, it's great to see some of our newer members, like Rowdy Yates and Dane With No Name participating in our discussions. :)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2003, 07:02:50 PM »

Why not just make the bi-weekly film discussions a monthly film discussion?

That way instead of making one discusson last two weeks and then the next one three or four weeks, just make them all monthly, and we discuss a new film each month.

Members who register in the middle, will still have a chance to post in the discussion, if its one their favourite movies.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2003, 05:19:08 PM by Brendan » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T