News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who saw MILLION DOLLAR BABY? (No spoilers)  (Read 14372 times)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2005, 09:49:48 AM »

So thus another Clint fan is born, yay.
Nice to see you're converting folks, Chessie. ;)

Wow, some of you have seen it multiple times already. That's impressive. I'm going today to see it for the first time. 8)
exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2005, 02:10:13 PM »

Wow, some of you have seen it multiple times already. That's impressive. I'm going today to see it for the first time. 8)

Yeah, I've it twice now.  I would say even though I enjoyed it immensely the second time, it didn't have the emotional punch that the first viewing had.  But that is to be expected due to not knowing much at all the first time.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2005, 05:24:18 AM »

I've just seen it for the third time and there is so much more to it with each veiwing. You find little looks and sayings that you missed the first time around. ;)

I still missed the credits so didn't know until today that the little girl was Clint's daughter.  She is lovely.  I did see that much!  I like the way he often casts members of his family in his movies. :)
DioSab83

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2005, 12:28:12 PM »

My name's Tony and I'm new to this website and forum.  I've been a Clint Eastwood fan for years, even though I'm only 25.  I was a huge fan of 2003's Mystic River and was rooting for it all the way at the Academy Awards even though I knew big budget excess would win out at the end of the day (Lord of the Rings).   I saw Million Dollar Baby about a month ago when it was still in limited release and was completely blown away.  I'm a film buff as well as film student.  I've acted in, written, directed, produced and edited five of my own short films so I'm extremely selective and critical of motion picture filmmaking.  I have to say Million Dollar Baby is one of the few films I've ever seen that I consider a true, honest to God masterpiece.  The direction, writing, acting, etc were all top notch and Hilary Swank MUST win the best actress Oscar, plain and simple.  Of course I'm rooting for Million Dollar all the way at this year's Oscars despite competition from The Aviator.  Let's hope for some surprises at this year's extremely close race.  Certainly, the Oscars aren't really THAT important when it comes to really great filmmaking BUT it's always nice when a film you really love and appreciate can win some showy accolades.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2005, 06:43:35 AM »

:MDB is not in France yet, only in march. But i'll be in Florida (for the first time!) in a few days for holidays so i'll see it there ! Critics are really good in France for this movie.

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2005, 03:17:16 PM »

sylvie i think you will like it to - have a good time watch them gators

england -  its flag the St George flag
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T