News: Coming in 2021: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anybody met Clint?  (Read 45340 times)
Tank Murdock

View Profile Email
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2013, 07:19:07 PM »

Hey guys!
Man o man... I can't believe my luck! We got to see Clint again on the last day of AT&T pro am he came out again to give the award. Here is my face book post:

What an awesome day for me and my bud Deepal! being two huge Clint Eastwood fans not only did we get to see him at pebble beach, but a short while later we had a great exchange with him at his restaurant. As me and Deepal were walking out he opened the door for us, I walked straight up to him rubbing shoulders and said “ let me hold the door for a legend”. Flashing me his legendary smile he said “while thank you”. Deepal steps in and shakes his hand and says “I have been a fan since I was a 13 year old little boy when I first saw fist full of dollars growing up in Sri Lanka” all smiles, Clint say “really, well you only look 39” … we were both blown away and danced around like little girls…lol!! My wife Jen later would go say hi and shake his hand at the bar. What a classy man, he has such a presence, but is so kind and easy going. No body guards or entourage he is just a regular guy with an extraordinary life and career. Thank Clint for treating your fans so graciously!!

I wanted to ask for a picture but the host said he really doens't like it and my shoot you down when you ask him and you would have much better luck just saying hi. I understand the poor guy is just trying to have dinner and talk to his friends. He hung around the bar talking for a good while then messed with the outdoor heaters.... which was fun to watch, just out there adjusting them and making sure things were tidy. You forget he us just a regular guy. Not sure I'll ever get that picture with him I'm to big of a fan to do something he won't like. If it was in an outdoor setting I would feel better about asking.

He made my day again.... (like no one has said that...lol)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:22:59 PM by Tank Murdock » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2013, 09:21:04 PM »

That's great, Tank! Thanks for sharing it with us! 8)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2013, 11:17:16 PM »

Hey guys!
Man o man... I can't believe my luck! We got to see Clint again on the last day of AT&T pro am he came out again to give the award. Here is my face book post:

What an awesome day for me and my bud Deepal! being two huge Clint Eastwood fans not only did we get to see him at pebble beach, but a short while later we had a great exchange with him at his restaurant. As me and Deepal were walking out he opened the door for us, I walked straight up to him rubbing shoulders and said “ let me hold the door for a legend”. Flashing me his legendary smile he said “while thank you”. Deepal steps in and shakes his hand and says “I have been a fan since I was a 13 year old little boy when I first saw fist full of dollars growing up in Sri Lanka” all smiles, Clint say “really, well you only look 39” … we were both blown away and danced around like little girls…lol!! My wife Jen later would go say hi and shake his hand at the bar. What a classy man, he has such a presence, but is so kind and easy going. No body guards or entourage he is just a regular guy with an extraordinary life and career. Thank Clint for treating your fans so graciously!!

I wanted to ask for a picture but the host said he really doens't like it and my shoot you down when you ask him and you would have much better luck just saying hi. I understand the poor guy is just trying to have dinner and talk to his friends. He hung around the bar talking for a good while then messed with the outdoor heaters.... which was fun to watch, just out there adjusting them and making sure things were tidy. You forget he us just a regular guy. Not sure I'll ever get that picture with him I'm to big of a fan to do something he won't like. If it was in an outdoor setting I would feel better about asking.

He made my day again.... (like no one has said that...lol)

Very cool!  That is one of the many reasons why I am such a huge Eastwood fan.  Because he is so fan friendly and does'nt act like hes better than anybody else.  Not too many famous people out there like that.  Espicially of Clints stature!  So not only do I like his acting, directing, etc but also because he's such a great person in real life. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:56:12 AM by KC » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2013, 12:57:11 AM »

Rawhide7, I edited your post so you could see which part was your comment and which part was quoted. :)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2013, 01:17:18 PM »

Thanks KC :)
RHONDA

View Profile Email
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2013, 10:57:42 PM »

:D IF I SAW CLINT IN PERSON UP CLOSE I WOULD...I WOULD.....I WOULD....STOP BREATHING. THIS TOLD ME TO START A NEW TOPIC  BECAUSE THIS ONE HAD NOT BEEN POSTED ON FOR 120 DAYS.I AM NEW TO THIS WHOLE SITE AND DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT'S FORMAT OR HOW TO NAVIGATE IT YET.I DON'T KNOW HOW TO START A NEW TOPIC.I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING. ALL I KNOW IS I LOVE CLINT'S ACTING AND PRODUCING.I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THESE POSTS ARE SO OLD OR SO FAR HOW TO GET TO THE NEW ONES.I WILL LEARN. :coolsmiley:
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2013, 11:57:24 PM »

Hi Rhonda, and welcome to the Web Board! :)

You don't have to start a new topic when you get that message. It's just a suggestion.

We don't have many members who post frequently, and so some perfectly good topics can go a long time without new posts.

One suggestion I would make to you is not to type in all capital letters. Some people call that "shouting" on the Internet. If nothing else, it does makes your posts harder to read.

I hope you will enjoy the Board! Just explore a little and you'll soon find out how things work around here. :)

Maxpower

View Profile Email
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2015, 01:37:03 PM »

Hello Eastwood fans.
I'm glad I found this board, I thought it would be fun to share about the first time I met Clint Eastwood.
First, let me set the scene for you, it was 2006 at the Golden Globes Instyle Afterparty,
(now for those of you who don't follow award shows, the Golden Globes is held at the Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills, there's about 5 major after parties
held at the hotel, but by far the one to be at is the Instyle party, which is held in a tent in the middle of their courtyard.) and it was my first time being able to get in.

Being at this after party is like walking into the twilight zone...imagine walking into a room, where there's chocolate paintings on the wall, all the drinks and food are free,
and not only is every person in the room beautiful and decked out, but every other person in the room is from movies, TV or music and EVERYONE is having a great time and the night seems to last forever!
The room filled up FAST with celebrities and select guests, and if you were by the open bar or the lounge area it was almost impossible to get through the crowd, but getting stuck in the crowd was part of the fun, because they were all celebrities!  ;D

After getting my first drink at the bar I though I would walk around a bit, but two feet from the bar I was stuck dead in my tracks, there was so many people around I couldn't move,
to my amazement I got stuck in the middle of a four way conversation, to my right was Drew Barrymore & Cameron Diaz, who were talking to Leonardo Dicaprio & Justin Timberlake who were on my left...it was unbelievable!  :D
After making it through the crowd at the bar, I finally made it to the crowd at the lounge area, that's when I look to my right, and sitting on the couch right next to me was Steven Spielberg & Clint Eastwood...I couldn't believe it, I was standing right next to these two amazing film makers and icons!!  :D :o
As I was going around to the other side of the couch I saw Spielberg stand up, shake Eastwoods hand and leave...which left an OPEN SEAT right next to Eastwood, I decided that it was a once in a lifetime chance and I went for the seat.
I leaned in and asked Clint if I could sit down next to him, and with a big smile he said "sure"...I sat down and introduced myself and congratulated him on his win ( you could tell that he was happy and having a great time) he said "thanks",
we chatted for a minute about the amazing party and then I asked if I could take a picture with him, he said "sure, no problem", so I asked one of the people stuck in the crowd to take the picture for me, which they did.
I told Clint that it was amazing to meet him and went on my way!

The rest of the night was equally amazing, I've been back to the Instyle party every year since then, but that 2006 after party was by far my favorite!
I've meet him at several other events, including the Academy Awards after party that same year, but that was my favorite encounter with him.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:20:41 AM by Maxpower » Logged
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2015, 01:24:14 AM »

Hopefully you'll be able to post the picture

Great story and only underlines Clint's amazing attitude towards his fans.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Maxpower

View Profile Email
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2015, 10:26:23 AM »

Thanks, I figured the people in this forum would appreciate the story.
It was already a great night only made better by meeting Clint Eastwood!  ;D

I finally figured out how to properly post a pic, so it's up now!
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2015, 11:21:37 AM »

Cool story, Maxpower, and great photo with Clint!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2015, 12:27:02 AM »

What a great story and picture! Thanks for sharing them with us, and welcome to the Board! 8)
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2015, 04:06:27 AM »

Great story and picture. My wife and I will be staying at the Beverly Hilton for a week in July. I bet there isn't anyone famous when we go. Once again though, GREAT pic
Maxpower

View Profile Email
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2015, 01:29:20 PM »

Thanks everyone,  :)
…and Walt, if your staying at the Beverly Hilton in July, I'd be surprised if you didn't run into someone, especially being there a week!
If there's one hotel in LA to stay at that your almost guaranteed to run into a celebrities, its the BH.  ;D

Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2015, 02:19:40 PM »

I met Clint once but, it was Clint Friedman.
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2015, 04:03:00 AM »

I'll keep my eyes peeled Maxpower
Westernfan

View Profile Email
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2015, 04:12:09 AM »

I was wondering if KC had ever met Clint ?

It'd be nice to have her tell that story to us  :)
_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2015, 08:27:03 PM »

The picture Max posted is no longer available. What the fudge?

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2015, 01:55:15 PM »

The picture Max posted is no longer available. What the fudge?
I'm still able to see it.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2015, 04:13:49 PM »

So am I, though it may be in my cache.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T