News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A question about Clint and Richard Boone  (Read 1953 times)
JJ

View Profile Email
« on: March 17, 2005, 01:47:38 PM »

I'm desperate here. 
I remember seeing a movie on TV where Clint played a Modern Lawman and Richard Boone played the criminal, or vise versa I'm not sure.  There was a long, slow Chase on Horseback through High country and one of them is finally killed by jumping his horse into a road and being hit by a Semitrailer.
Does anyone know the name of this Film and when was it made?
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 02:05:41 PM »

The only two movies that Eastwood and Boone have been in together are Away All Boats and A Star in the Dust, both made in 1956.

Here is the listing for Away All Boats over on the IMDb web site.  As you can see, this movie takes place during WWII and was filmed mostly on a ship so there would be no horseback chase.

Here is the listing for Star in the Dust on that same site.  As you can see, John Agar plays the sheriff in this movie and Mr. Eastwood plays a ranch hand but has a very minor role.  So, I would doubt this movie is the one you are thinking of.

You can go here and find a list of all of the movies Richard Boone has been in.  I'm not sure which one it could be but I don't think it was Mr. Eastwood who co-starred with Boone.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 02:30:16 PM »

I've seen this movie.The end where he gets hit by the semi jogged my memory.I think it was Lonely are the brave starring Kirk Douglas and Walter Matthau.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056195/

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
JJ

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 04:16:34 PM »

You guys must be right.  Oh, well, so much for memory!

Thanks a lot for your time and 'memory'

JJ
The Highlander

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 11:11:40 PM »

I also cannot recall any such movie that starred Clint and Richard Boone.

However, is it possible that Clint may have guest starred on Boone's wonderful "Have Gun, Will Travel" series and that this story was from that episode?

I don't think Clint ever appeared on that show, but I could never say for sure.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 11:33:21 PM »

I don't think he did, and anyway, JJ was asking about a film in which one of the leading characters was killed by a semitrailer ... I don't think any of those beasts ever made an appearance in Have Gun, Will Travel;)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T