News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What was the last CD you bought ?  (Read 118422 times)
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #660 on: May 19, 2016, 11:29:46 AM »

The Cult`s Hidden City.Excellent album once again  O0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSDnqJB3Wc8
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #661 on: June 15, 2017, 03:01:23 PM »

I picked up Chuck Berry's final album CHUCK today. I've listened to several tracks so far, and it all sounds nice. O0
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #662 on: February 23, 2018, 05:53:44 AM »

Dipping a toe into the classical music world.. Claude Debussy Piano..

Very nice and soothing..

KC..is he someone you listen to ?

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #663 on: February 24, 2018, 05:45:46 AM »

Not a big Debussy fan ... but his opera, Pellťas et Mťlisande, is very nice, if a little weird.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #664 on: March 01, 2018, 10:35:12 AM »

I'll get round to giving that a listen.. I'm quite partial to a littlr weidness at times..

Now some folk.. love this guys guitar playing..

Bert Jansch

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #665 on: March 07, 2018, 04:38:58 PM »

Got this for $3 in a secondhand/antique shop over the weekend. 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #666 on: March 08, 2018, 12:04:14 AM »

That is a fantastic cd Kid, classic live album... Sinatra is on top form and the band are excellent... Bargain !!

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #667 on: September 19, 2018, 01:25:51 PM »

I opened my Nirvana Unplugged CD today and the disc is missing. I haven't seen it in years, so I assume it's gone forever. I just bought it again, along with the With The Lights Out box set

Hard to believe it's been nearly 25 years since we lost Kurt.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #668 on: September 20, 2018, 09:29:20 AM »

Nice version of Bowie's Man Who Sold the World on that ..

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #669 on: September 20, 2018, 04:11:35 PM »

Nice version of Bowie's Man Who Sold the World on that ..

Totally. I watched an interview with one of the producers of that Unplugged concert, and he said they were really nervous when they heard that definitive electric guitar starting out the song, because it breaks the rules to have the electric guitar, but he said they shouldn't have worried so much because the concert was magical, and absolutely perfect. They were also so concerned that the band wasn't playing their own hits, and was doing so many covers. Nirvana mentioned they were going to bring a musical guest to perform with them, and the producers were hoping it was going to be a big name band, but Nirvana brings The Meat Puppets. Which, is kinda funny because I'm not a fan of the Meat Puppets, but those few covers they did are some of my favorite songs in the world. "Oh Me" has been my earworm now for a few weeks.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9v6hvfK5xfY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9v6hvfK5xfY</a>

It's definitely my favorite live concert CD. Sometimes I wonder if Nirvana would have such a lasting effect and be as loved as they are without that performance. It showed a different side of the band that the studio albums and other concerts don't show.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 04:14:01 PM by Matt » Logged
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #670 on: September 24, 2018, 01:12:01 AM »

I've never listened to this album.. I'm gonna go out and buy it today..

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #671 on: December 09, 2018, 02:52:36 PM »

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #672 on: December 10, 2018, 05:52:04 AM »

Now that I have Spotify, I find myself not buying CDs.  Iím on the fence on whether to even bother anymore.  I now have more vinyl than compact discs.  While I still prefer cds because the occasional popping sound on vinyl is rattling, unnerving and aggravating I may limit myself to mega cd compilations on The King but even the majority of those are on Spotify.  If not for discovering the musical App, I wouldíve purchased the recently released expanded cd edition of The Beatlesí White Album.  Although itís my least favorite by them, it would still be worth collecting if I were still buying cds.

I find myself buying cds for gifts rather than for myself these days.  I enjoyed Robert Plantís Carry Fire album so much that I wanted to share it with friends of music that I thought would appreciate it and purchased 6 copies!  🤪  Youíre welcome, Mr. Plant.

Whatís funny is the last time I was in Bull Moose records I noticed a guy checking out Carry Fire on vinyl.  I told him I love it and think itís a masterpiece.  That convinced him to make the purchase.

I remember the advent of cds.  Theyíve come a long way and still have a lot to offer.  Iíd hate to see them disappear completely, like VHS and 8-Track tapes.  Unlike vinyl, I doubt theyíll ever make a comeback. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:54:13 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #673 on: December 10, 2018, 10:13:04 PM »

"Life has surface noise" a famous DJ once said  :)

I love vinyl and still buy lots... New and second hand, I don't mind occasional blips and clicks, I guess I'm
used to them ...
Interesting post Jed... I don't have spotify yet but I'm sure I will in time.. I do think we'll soon see the end for those
Little scratch magnets with cases that often broke within weeks of purchase. Many high st shops are no longer stocking them..

I miss the days of making friends or girlfriends mix tapes...

One thing, if everyone's music is now hidden away and streamed how the hell are you able to
Make snap judgments on people or your dates character or suitability by quickly checking out the spines
of their cd collection when they leave the room ??

I doubt there'll ever be a film celebrating cd's as there was with vinyl ( High Fidelity) Times up for cd's ...

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #674 on: Yesterday at 06:21:04 AM »

Thanks, Gant.  What I love about cds is the convenience.  It took a while to jump ship, but thatís why I love Spotify.  Tina & I are enjoying building a vinyl collection together and Iím experiencing music Iíve not heard at all and other albums Iíve not heard in years. 

Iím not a big fan of double albums on vinyl because with CDs Iíd listen to them without having to flip over to the other side....three times!  Still, that didnít stop me from buying Yellow Brick Road, Born To Run and some greatest hits compilations.  Iím considering Physical Graffiti, Tommy and Pinball Wizard but refuse to buy The Wall or The Beatlesí ďWhiteĒ album. 

In a sense, I can relate to why vinyl fans were sad to see the format all but disappear but am glad and fortunate it has made a comeback.  Lucky for me, technology has made the transition easy not only in moving forward with Spotify, but in stepping back with vinyl. 
With these, I have the luxury of enjoying both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #675 on: Yesterday at 11:54:23 PM »

Isn't that trip to the deck to flip an album over precious time to reflect on what you've just heard before
diving into the next side and also enjoy some Vital exercise and top up your glass of wine :)

Seriously tho, I do still play cd's lots but am really glad vinyl hasn't disappeared.. I agree with you Jed. Best
of both worlds..

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T