News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »

Poll

What do you think about another "Dirty Harry" sequel?

Iam totally for it!
49 (46.2%)
I think its a bad idea
49 (46.2%)
Iam for it,but with another actor playing Harry
8 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are you for another Dirty Harry?  (Read 109814 times)
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2005, 04:20:39 AM »

Could a guy like Harry Callaghan even exist in the year 2005 :-\  This is a much more PC era.  What Harry could do in the 70's he'd be locked up for today :(.

WKC.

Jaffe

Usual?

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2005, 01:14:43 AM »

Could a guy like Harry Callaghan even exist in the year 2005 :-\  This is a much more PC era.  What Harry could do in the 70's he'd be locked up for today :(.

WKC.
Well, we do have The Shield dealing with these tough cops that operate barely within the existing system. How realistic is that then? Probably not very, but it could keep the door open for Harry. At least he´s not a criminal like the crew in that show. As for another actor playing Harry Callahan, no way! No Clint, no Harry!

"Usual." "Usual lunch, or usual dinner?" "What difference does it make?" "Not much."
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2005, 06:28:45 AM »

No Clint, no Harry!

That's exactly what I think ! >:(

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2005, 01:30:30 PM »

This is the way I see it; if the right script came along then why not do a sequel?  It can't be argued that it's out of the question because of the amount of years that have gone by.  After all, Clint is still ALIVE, right?!  Let's be silly for a moment and say a sequel was made.  I think I can speak for us all by saying we'd be curious to see it and would hope it was done well.  We couldn't expect another Dirty Harry, after all, that was decades ago.  Callahan would obviously be in retirment.  The closest I'd say we've come to this so far is Blood Work. 

So, I voted yes but am perfectly happy with the series as it is.

“Eyuh.”
themanwithaname

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2005, 02:10:21 PM »

People have been saying  stuff like 'if the right script came along...',well I'm gonna do it, i'm gonna try and write one, the worst he could say is no.Should I go for it?I have a exellent idea that involes his age and retirement.and a cool title. Clint Eastwood is Dirty Harry in Last Rights.How bout it ?
loris

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2005, 01:05:15 AM »

Another Dirty Harry movie - if you want to do it- must have a perfect equilibrium and a perfect timing or it will be a baaaad idea :-\
and of course, I can't stand another Dirty without Harry... I mean... Another Harry without Clint!
 ;)
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2005, 06:09:22 PM »

Wasn't there a script put forward on the old board with regular updates from the writer?

Didn't it involve the return of Scorpio.  ::) ::) ::)

Or am I going mad .....  :D :D :D

Philo .
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 06:13:34 PM by philo » Logged

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2005, 06:10:20 PM »

Yes, that was Blu's masterwork. He lost it even before the old board disappeared, however ... owing to a posting mishap.
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2005, 11:48:33 PM »

I hear Steven Speilberg and George Lucas are planning to produce a TV series called The Adventures of Young Dirty Harry

The series will portray Harry between 16 and 21 years of age.

Sean Connery is going to do guest appearances as Harry's grandfather.

The rest of the cast is as yet unconfirmed.

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

WKC.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 12:02:50 AM by wkc » Logged

loris

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2005, 12:41:31 AM »

AAAAAAAAAARGH! I feel sick!
This is a Harry without Clint! :o how could it be possible?
and who's gonna to play young Indy? Oh! sorry....I mean, yound Dirty? Hugh Jackman?
(all kidding of course... but.... oh my God! what a thought!  :-X )
loris

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2005, 12:47:15 AM »

However....I thought Clint will be the director and he will appear too as the grandfather of himself... so he could be in two place at the same time as usual...  ::) mmhm.... don't ask me to tell all this again...
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2005, 11:01:37 PM »

However....I thought Clint will be the director and he will appear too as the grandfather of himself... so he could be in two place at the same time as usual...  ::) mmhm.... don't ask me to tell all this again...

Perhaps they could use a different Eastwood to play all the key family roles?
Clint as Grandfather, XXX as father, XXX as Harry,  XXX as Harry's mother etc etc.

WKC.

philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2005, 06:39:00 AM »

That sounds like a project for Eddie Murphy.   :(

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Jaffe

Usual?

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2005, 08:57:54 AM »

That sounds like a project for Eddie Murphy. :(

Philo .

Sounds like a plan! Eddie Murphy doing Axel Foley doing Dirty Harry impression. I´d watch that! Not.  ;D

"Usual." "Usual lunch, or usual dinner?" "What difference does it make?" "Not much."
bito

Robert & Francesca

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2005, 10:21:54 AM »

No, I'm not for another Dirty Harry, there are only one Dirty Harry for me.

You'll never walk alone
LFC Forever
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2005, 04:06:24 AM »

actually, re the oft made suggestion to resurrect the Zodiac character/story, this is actually now seriously on the books: http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=16927

early suggestions that David Fincher may direct.  Alas no Clint Eastwood/Dirty Harry attachment.

WKC.

Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2005, 04:53:27 AM »

The true question to this, is whether or not the Dirty Harry saga has been completely told. Honestly, I think alot more is to be said by him. There is alot of social commentary that goes with Dirty Harry, and observations only someone like Harry could make. But the truth is whether or not the writing and casting could match pound for pound what his previous character could carry.

I think you may have a point, and I have been thinking that Dennis Quade could play an intense and brilliant interpretation of the Harry character.

WKC.

vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2005, 01:23:29 AM »

it would not be the same anyway because times have changed and social attitudes have changed

i think harry would seem somewhat out of place so the writing and story i think would be different

not that a scorpio isn't possible just that i think it would be handled differently now

anyway it would be interesting but i don't particlarly like dennis quaid - i think you would lose the humour it would be him as a hard cop out for revenge - dirty harry was quite a subtle film as you have stated - partly because siegel was an excellent director
and clint a special actor

england -  its flag the St George flag
paulk

Oh well, $#!t happens

View Profile Email
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2005, 10:31:39 PM »

I loved the Dirty Harry movies.......it's a gamble and Clint likes too take risky chances....I read somewhere in an interview with Clint that he said he shouldn't play a role not of his age.....then don't......play the role his age.  It's worth a shot....you only live once and don't want any "what ifs"  later on.
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2005, 02:38:58 AM »

What if they made it with less humour, and more cold and brutal?  Could be a whole new cult classic.

WKC.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T