News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Famous People You've Met  (Read 13822 times)
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2005, 09:04:46 AM »

the most famous person I've met I would have to say was the former President Bill Clinton, he called me Buddy, which was cool I guess.  He much bigger than you'd think.  But when I think about it his dog was named Buddy, so he probably just called everyone Buddy until he got his dog.
;D  That's cool tmw3nyc.

Well ... I've NEVER met a famous Person  :'( :'( !
The only one , maybe ... THE REAL MICKEY MOUSE in his OWN SMALL HOUSE  ... in Disneyworld  ;D ;D ;D  ;D !!!
;D  That's a claim to fame Sylvie!

I once had to ask Frank Bruno to vacate my bar stool... :)
;D  I was gonna say that was brave of you, Gant, but Bruno was such a gentle giant. 8)  So sad, what happened to him.

Christopher, I know nothing about wrestlers, but that Virgil looks a laugh. :D

I was a wide eyed, nearly teenager, in love with this guy. I was allowed to see him on the stage from the wings and he came and spoke to me. He took a break for a cigarette (it was cool in those days) and after he went back on stage I took the butt from the ashtray and kept it until it disintergrated when I was about 16.
;D  Aah, young love! :-* :D  I had more weird childhood crushes - I kept a pic of Winston Churchill above my bed! :D ;D ;D  And after Neil Kinnock lost the election I sent him a consolation fan letter. ;D :-[ :-[

richard harriss and leonard nimoy are the most famous peolpe i met nimoy briefly but thankfully i was in a pub after a munster game where harris was holding court an absolutely spellbinding and charismatic figure, sorely missed
8) Wow, I bet that was great.  He seemed such an interesting man.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2005, 09:50:50 AM »

Great story Lin.  :) Just by coincidence I saw Fury's grave in N London recently. Beautifully kept and coverd with flowers and messages from fans.. Wonder why he was laid to rest there when he was a Scouser...

;D ;D  er no Vik..I didn't tower over him  ;D, I didn't even realise who he was till he turned around and stood up (Gulp).. but he was a gentle giant and gave me a big smile which helped relax me somewhat...
 ;)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2005, 01:52:18 PM »

Christopher, I know nothing about wrestlers, but that Virgil looks a laugh. :D
Believe me, I don't know too much about wrestlers, but I always loved watching it when I was little. :D

I  know the magazine cover I posted doesn't look great with the glare, but that's how I remembered seeing them on TV. We ran across Virgil several years later after I'd stopped watching wrestling, I believe.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2005, 02:07:03 PM »

Author-wise, Iain Rankin was a regular at the coffee shop I worked at in Edinburgh.  I haven't read his stuff.
I "met" him, or got him to sign a book anyway, at an author appearance at the bookstore across the street from The New York Public Library, where I work. I had stopped in for coffee and didn't even know he was going to be there that day. It was fun hearing him speak, I've only read a couple of his things but hearing his Scots accent as he talked about his books will make the characters more "alive" for me in the future. I've visited Edinburgh, but it's been a few years and I don't really have the sound in my head any more. (Except for those r-r-r-r-r-olled "R's," of course.)

P.S., It's "Ian" ... ;)
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2005, 03:43:46 PM »

P.S., It's "Ian" ... ;)

:-[  I took a gamble and lost - I figured the extra "i" was the Scottish spelling. ::)

It was fun hearing him speak, I've only read a couple of his things but hearing his Scots accent as he talked about his books will make the characters more "alive" for me in the future. I've visited Edinburgh, but it's been a few years and I don't really have the sound in my head any more. (Except for those r-r-r-r-r-olled "R's," of course.)
Yeah I can imagine that'd bring the story alive more.  He has one of the nicer Scottish accents.  Some of them are nice and some less appealing.  Luckily he doesn't speak strong Edinburgh.  It took me ages to understand the cleaning ladies at university, and I never really succeeded completely.  Only one British accent harder to understand than strong Edinburgh, and that's strong Wegie  (Glaswegian).  "Kehn wha' a' meen hehn?"  ;D
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2005, 01:23:07 AM »

KC,  Lilly and I both spelt Ian the Scottish way Iain.   I didn't even think about it when I posted.   You were both lucky to have met him.   Like Lilly says the soft Edinburgh accent is lovely as are the Highlands and Islands.   Glasgow is so difficult to understand and I meet a lot of truck drivers and can't  follow a word when they speak to each other, but they do speak a bit slower when they talk to me.
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2005, 01:42:50 AM »

Okay this one isn't exactly a "met", but it's the best I got.

At Disneyland one fine day, actually it wasn't so fine it was kind of cold and drizzling, my bestfriend, Amanda, and I were riding the Disneyland tram around the magic kingdom.  Well we stopped at the stop in New Orleans square and notice a designated tour guide person step on with a man and a few kids.  Amanda and I thought nothing of it at the moment, then I look over and notice that this man is wearing the odd sunglasses that only Bono from U2 wears.  As I not to subtly stare at him, I soon realize that it is Bono, hence why he would have a designated tour guide with him.   I quickly poke Amanda and tell her Bono is still two seats away from us, to which she not so subtly looks over and stares at him.  We come to the conclusion it's Bono.  If it had been up to us we'd have sat there all day and stared cause we're so ridiculously star struck, but unfortunately the Snow White - A "Not-So" Enchanting Musical was starting.  For some reason we dubbed the "Not-So" Enchanting Musical more important then staring at Bono.  So we reluctantly stood up climbed over the seats and got off the tram.  Of course once we realized that Musical was not that amazing, we regretted not sitting on the tram and following him around the enchanted kingdom.  As I said we're very star struck. 

That's the best I got.   ;D

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2005, 02:06:09 AM »

Chessie,   You still have plenty of time to 'meet the stars' and if you keep on with your writing and your art work Heaven only knows who you will meet in the future. O0
[email protected]

Hi Yo Silver, away!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2005, 06:20:19 AM »

When I was visiting LA: Kiefer Sutherland

When I was visiting Miami: Stu Cook and Douglas "Cosmo" Clifford (former Creedence Clearwater Revival Bass player and Drummer)

When I was visiting Chicago: Buddy Guy

In my own  Country:

Eric Clapton

Nathan East (Clapton´s bass player)

Mike Taylor (former John Mayall's Bluesbraker and Rolling Stones)

Mike Love & Al Jardine (Beach Boys)

Frank Gamballe

Scott Henderson

"And In The End, The Love You Take Is Equal To The Love You Make." ( The Beatles )
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2005, 06:26:06 AM »

... and I kissed Lee from the 70's pop duo Peters and Lee... ;D ;)  I'm still reeling..she was gorgeous.

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2005, 06:29:48 AM »

... and I kissed Lee from the 70's pop duo Peters and Lee... ;D ;) I'm still reeling..she was gorgeous.

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2005, 06:31:19 AM »

LOL..... ;D Well.. there was nothing Mr Peters could do about it... 8) :o

Hey..maybe we've got a whole new sub-genre goin' down here. Celebrities you've kissed..... ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 06:38:04 AM by Gant » Logged

Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2005, 07:36:05 AM »

Hey..maybe we've got a whole new sub-genre goin' down here. Celebrities you've kissed..... ;D

I was on duty shadowing Pricess Diana as she opened a centre for the mentally handicapped . I was lucky enough to have a little chat with her and I had the nerve to kiss her hand . She could'nt have been more charming but my supervisor gave me a ticking off for ignoring protocol . Stuff him , it was well worth it .  :)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2005, 07:44:26 AM »

Nice one Walt..Top kiss. I wonder if anyone can compete with that...

The Enforcer

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2005, 09:16:39 AM »

I must confess . I get a kick out of meeting movies stars or the like when I get the chance . Without exception they've been very charming and well worth talking to . Plus it's great to have momentos like signed pictures etc.
I'd be really interested to find out who's bumped into who . Here's a quick list of my claims to fame starting with ............ you know who .

Hi there Walt.  O0
Interesting.
I do not have  any to add myself (yet), but who knows in the future.
Anyway, may I ask..as I can see from your nice list many of the names/actors come from Bond movies.
Like Christopher Lee, Britt Ekland and Roger Moore in "The man with The Golden Gun" etc.

Are you especially interested in Bond then (as well as Eastwood)?
How did you meet them..roughly ?

Thanks

My S&W .357 Mag. can do everything I want it to
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2005, 02:08:53 PM »

Anyway, may I ask..as I can see from your nice list many of the names/actors come from Bond movies.
Like Christopher Lee, Britt Ekland and Roger Moore in "The man with The Golden Gun" etc.

Are you especially interested in Bond then (as well as Eastwood)?
How did you meet them..roughly ?

Thanks

I like Bond but I'm not especially interested in it . I'm a huge horror fan and met Christopher Lee through his son inlaw who invited me to his home . It was the meeting of a lifetime , as important to me as meeting Clint was .
Roger Moore and Sean Connery I met at golf tournaments and I met George Lazenby in Birmingham when he was part of Bond 40 celebrations .
Roger was great as was Lazenby . Connery was polite but nothing more  .
I met Britt at a cinema exhibition in Manchester . I spoke to her about The Wicker Man and Get Carter . She was really sweet and still very attractive .
Most of these encounters were pre digital camera so , if I ever get around to scanning them , I'll post some pics .
The Enforcer

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2005, 03:45:02 PM »

Great !

You are one of the lucky ones then.

My S&W .357 Mag. can do everything I want it to
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2005, 07:07:20 AM »

i've also met eddie irvine, the last great playboy of formula one, he was at aparty i was at, ( my sisters friend is his sisters friend-strained link i know) but when she heard he was comnig she invited me over.
he's seriously f'in cool.

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2005, 09:46:39 AM »

Here's a pic of me and Christopher Lee  .I'm really looking forward to his last light sabre duel with the young Darth Vadar .

Holden Pike
Member Extraordinaire

"If they move, kill 'em."

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2005, 10:28:17 AM »

What is up with that shirt, Walt?  ???

"I don't want to be a pirate!"

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man you stay with him, and if you can't do that you're like some animal, you're finished. We're all finished."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T