News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: who knows how long to wait until your done being a newbie?  (Read 5974 times)
skippy

cool

View Profile Email
« on: March 28, 2003, 02:16:20 PM »

IJ jus t want to know because I'm a newbie. So please tell me. :-*
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2003, 02:56:08 PM »

Depends on what rank you’re shooting for.

To be a Jr. Member you had to have watched at least 10 Clint movies (3 in the theater).

To be a Full Member you had to have watched at least 20 Eastwood films (5 in the theater) and have one completely memorized (verbatim).

To be a Sr. Member you had to have watched at least 25 Eastwood films (7 in the theater), memorized at least 3 films, eaten at the “Hog’s Breath Inn,” and re-enacted your favorite action scene from one of his movies (I, for instance, jumped off a bridge on top of a moving school bus. I only ended up with a broken left ankle and a slightly fractured collar bone. My insurance covered it).

To be a Member Extraordinaire, you have to had watched all of Eastwood’s movies, memorized at least 5 of them, seen all episodes of "Rawhide," eaten at the “Hog’s Breath Inn,” re-enact at least 3 actions scenes (and live), and appear as an extra in an Eastwood flick. Someone tell me if I left out anything.

Not sure what comes after that.

Seriously though, Skip, it depends on the number of posts. I think it’s something like 50 or 60 until you jump up to “Jr. Member.”
« Last Edit: March 28, 2003, 03:25:42 PM by Agent » Logged

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2003, 05:36:23 PM »

Skippy,

Don't be too anxious to shed your "Newbie" title.  It seems that you're on a posting rampage, even answering questions that have already been answered.  The "title" under your name doesn't matter as much to anyone here as the content of your posts.  One of my favorite members  has only 19 posts.  Every one of them have been informative and enjoyable to read.  We have other Newbies who are very valuable members.  Don't let the titles fool you.  Quality, not quantity, matters.  

Depends on what rank you’re shooting for.

To be a Member Extraordinaire, you have to had watched all of Eastwood’s movies, memorized at least 5 of them, seen all episodes of "Rawhide," eaten at the “Hog’s Breath Inn,” re-enact at least 3 actions scenes (and live), and appear as an extra in an Eastwood flick. Someone tell me if I left out anything.

And bribing a Clint Eastwood web board moderator won't hurt.  And I do have a Paypal account...  ;)  (It won't help either, but it won't hurt.)
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2003, 03:12:10 AM »

There is nothing wrong with being a newbie.  Post when you feel like it and glance at your status a few years from now.  
  I've seen worse beginner titles on other webboards :)

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 06:48:58 AM »

IJ jus t want to know because I'm a newbie. So please tell me. :-*
i tnihk you've to reach 100 posts before you stop being a newbie

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
maddog_frenzy

Carpe fidelis

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2003, 06:52:25 AM »

As I recall from the birthing room at the hospital, you're no longer a "newbie" when all the placenta is cleaned from your body and orifices.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
Daisy Abigael

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2003, 07:32:24 AM »

As I recall from the birthing room at the hospital, you're no longer a "newbie" when all the placenta is cleaned from your body and orifices.

LOL  ;D

Welcome to the board, Mad!

A breath of fresh air...  :)

Daisy Girl!
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2003, 04:33:20 PM »

Actually, you switch to Jr member after 50 posts...I noticed this a couple of days ago.

Yeah!Im a Jr member ;D ::)

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
skippy

cool

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2003, 03:12:30 PM »

Thankyou for the help.  :)
MUSTMEETCLINT

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2005, 08:19:28 PM »

YOUR  FUNNY !!
gimpy
Member Extraordinaire

Tough IS Enough!

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 11:46:03 AM »

And bribing a Clint Eastwood web board moderator won't hurt.  And I do have a Paypal account...  ;)  (It won't help either, but it won't hurt.)

LMAO!  ;D Hilarious Matt. I'll start at the first bid with a dollar.  ;)

"No one eats ketchup with their hotdogs!"
-Dirty Harry
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 11:48:42 AM »

i was thinking more along the lines of a man called horse

« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 06:34:15 AM by vik » Logged

england -  its flag the St George flag
mattyd

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 04:59:58 AM »

Look at the end of the day being a newbie doesnt mean you know less about eastwood than an snr member for example im a happy content newbie who has 34 clint films read his biography 3 times over and can offload the entire script of kellys heroes from memory, plus can sing the entire words to all the songs used in paint your wagon can tell you the year the director and producer in all non clint directed films, also boost for hours about my in depth clint knowledge till all my friends and family fall asleep...... but too add insult to injury im only 19.

happy posting

Mattyd
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 09:40:42 AM »

Cool mattyd 8)

Anyway these are just numbers. Quantity does not matter, it's quality that counts  ;)

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 12:33:23 PM »

When you look at the number of posts it can be quite a shock to see how addictive this board has become in your life. :D

I guess I look at it a number of times a day.  Just afraid I might miss something ;D   You sure learn a lot from reading rather than posting and that is what it is all about. :)
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 12:40:43 PM »

When you look at the number of posts it can be quite a shock to see how addictive this board has become in your life. :D
Oh yeah a real drug ... but it's a good one.
Highly recommended  ;)

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 11:07:39 PM »

I guess I look at it a number of times a day.  Just afraid I might miss something ;D   You sure learn a lot from reading rather than posting and that is what it is all about. :)

Same here. O0

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T