News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Once Upon A Time In Italy...The Westerns of Sergio Leone  (Read 5802 times)
Cal
Administrator

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 02, 2005, 09:42:28 PM »

As a favor, I'm posting this news from the Autry National Center. They are promoting a very special event this summer which many of our members will find interesting.

====

To ClintEastwood.net and Fistful-of-Leone.com board members:

We are very excited to present this opportunity to ClintEastwood.net and Fistful-of-Leone.com to participate in an extraordinary event at the Autry National Center this summer.

In July 2005, the Autry celebrates the work of the renowned Italian director, Sergio Leone in the landmark exhibition Once Upon a Time in Italy . . . The Westerns of Sergio Leone. It is one of the largest and most elaborate exhibitions ever organized to honor a single director.

In order for ClintEastwood.net and Fistful-of-Leone.com subscribers to enjoy both the exhibition and Hollywood-style premier event, they must be Autry National Center members.

We want to invite the subscribers of ClintEastwood.net and Fistful-of-Leone.com to join us at the reduced rate of $50 for a Dual membership. That is nearly 10% off of the regular price!

Membership is a great value as only Autry members enjoy unlimited free admission to both the Southwest Museum of the American Indian and the Museum of the American West with guest privileges, free gifts, discounts throughout the museums and more!

Plus, if ClintEastwood.net and Fistful-of-Leone.com subscribers join at the Copper ($250) level or above by June 15, 2005, they will also receive a free copies of Western Amerykanski and West Fever.

Western Amerykanski represents the devoted collecting by the Autry National Center and research of Polish European poster art created specifically to advertise American Western Films.

West Fever explores the mythical and factual West through the art, artifacts, and objects in the Autry Museum's collection.

For more information, please check out the following links:

Once Upon A Time In Italy: The Westerns of Sergio Leone
(Check out the cool Quicktime movie)

More Information about the Exhibition (PDF)

To take advantage of this offer, contact the Membership department at 323.667.2000 or via email at [email protected]

====

Sounds like fun!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 10:04:10 PM by Cal » Logged
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 08:54:59 AM »

thanks cal

has anyone been to the centre?

england -  its flag the St George flag
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 09:55:48 AM »

thanks cal

has anyone been to the centre?

Nope but I have ordered the book that they have produced all about Leone and the Westerns.  I look forward to getting it, should be sometime in July I think.   I would love to go and see it for myself.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 04:09:55 AM »

I have just received the book  Once Upon A Time In Italy.   It is brilliant. Packed with pictures of Clint and posters for the Spaghetti Westerns.  Considering it is a hard back book and heavy the $43.00 I paid for it including postage was money well spent.  It's a cool book to have and dip into it every so often. O0
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 05:33:28 AM »

Came across a review of the book HERE

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

I Have A Horse, And The West Is Wide.

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 06:35:54 PM »

SERGIO LEONE EXHIBIT -- LOS ANGELES, CA

Hey Gang,

I just got back from the Autry Museum "Sergio Leone Exhibition: Once Upon A Time In Italy". Very impressive. A little smaller then I expected, but still fun. A great collection of Leone posters, as well as posters from American films that were influences of his. (John Ford,Anthony Mann, Howard Hawks etc) and of course the Holy Grail of "Spaghetti Western" lore: Eastwoods Poncho from the "Dollars" trilogy. Awesome! There were also costumes from Henry Fonda and Claudia Cardinale, scripts, production stills and costume sketches. Overall a great day.

BTW.. the rest of the Museum with costumes from Clayton Moore, James Arness, movie posters and props is great. There is also some beautiful artwork about the true American West. If you can make it to the show...GO!!!

They'd never forget, the day the stranger rode into town.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T