News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moderator Changeover  (Read 11151 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 02, 2005, 01:39:10 PM »

Many of you may have noticed that we have a change on the moderating staff here. After five years of service to this board, mgk has made the decision to resign her Moderator post. I'd like to thank mgk for her time and dedication to this board all these years. She was one of the first members I got to know when I arrived here, and she became as close a friend as it's possible to be with someone over the internet. It's hard to imagine how much time is put into this job until you actually do it... and she's been our most "full time" moderator--keeping up on things here during the "day shift" when KC and I are at work. She's done a great job, too.... and has also put in a lot of time working on the film discussions (yes, I know we need a new one soon!)  She's been through the ups and downs that come with the job, and has always done her best to keep this board one of the best on the internet--and one that Clint Eastwood himself could be proud of.  I wish her only the best happiness and hope she will still come by the board whenever she feels she has something to add.

When mgk told KC and I that she wanted to resign, we knew it would be hard to fill her shoes. We both agreed that whoever took her post would need to have been a member for a long time, know and follow the rules of the board, and be active in all the board's sections. We both agreed that Brendan was the best choice for the position, and mgk and Cal agreed.

I'd like everyone to welcome Brendan as our board's newest Moderator, and wish him luck. I hope he enjoys the job and has a lot of fun with it!

Thanks again, mgk. And good luck, Brendan!
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 01:50:32 PM »

Welcome and congrats to Brendan! :)

And I do hope to see mgk around still and posting.
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 01:59:54 PM »

:'(  :'(

Wow, you mods have been doing such a great job for so long, that one comes to believe you'll always be there! :D  Of course that's not true, and it must be a very time-consuming responsibility.  Mgk has been a fantastic moderator and was very welcoming to me when I was a newbie.

Mgk, THANK YOU for everything you have done for the board over the years.  I can't begin to imagine how many hours you have put into helping make this board what it is, along with Matt and KC.  Your contribution has been wonderful.

As Matt says, good luck, and I really hope that we continue to see you around on the board. O0

And Brendan....congratulations! O0  As Matt says, I'm sure you'll do a great job.  Thank you for taking it on.  Good luck!
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 02:26:46 PM »

Thank you for all your hard work mgk.   O0

Good luck Brendan, I'm sure you'll do great.   ;D

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 06:30:49 PM »

Well done to mgk for all the work she has done here on the board for the last 5 years and hope to see her around here from time to time.
To Brenden,Good Luck and I'm sure you'll do a great job. O0

The first round of drinks at mgk's farewell are on me.  

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 08:07:58 PM »

Thanks mgk for all the hard work and endless hours of work you put into the board. I'd always see you on during the daytime doing what you do best, keeping things in order. It's going to be some pretty big shoes to fill but I look forward to getting into it.

And thanks to everyone for all the wishes of good luck, I appreciate it.

8)
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 01:06:59 AM »

I'm happy to have had the opportunity to "talk" with you mgk, the few messages we had exchanged a few months ago had been really interesting and full of respect,  and with your help, I've learned how to read "between the lines". Thank you ! :) :) :)

Congratulations Brendan !   O0

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 02:33:28 AM »

Kudos Brendan!  A fine addition...Well, as long as there isn't a new "NASCAR discussion forum" cluttering up the board.   8)

Hope your sticking around MGK.

mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 07:30:29 AM »

Thanks everyone for all the nice things you've said.

It has been an honor to be one of the Moderators on this terrific web board and I thank Cal for having the faith in me to let me do it for a while.  And, I thank Matt and KC for making the job so much easier.  It was a genuine pleasure to work with them these past few years.  As Matt said, we have become very close friends....probably the biggest bonus for doing the job.

I have no doubt that the web board will maintain the integrity that it has always had under Matt, KC and Brendan's leadership.  And, I thank Brendan for being available and willing to take over.   Thanks to all of you members who have contributed valuable and entertaining information that, in turn, has made the board what it is.

Best wishes to everyone.

Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 09:04:25 AM »

Congratulations, Brendan  8)
You can be proud of your nomination, that's a great honor!

I'm sure you'll be a great moderator  ;)

I haven't been around for too long -less than a year, but I can tell that this board wouldn't be what it is today without its moderators.
Let's face it: there wouldn't be any "CE web board" without you guys  :-\
You're doing an amazing job.

THANK YOU
mgk  :)
Thank you for the sacrifice and for the time that you devoted to this board.

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 09:08:46 AM »

Thank you mgk you were a great help to me when I first came on the board.   Please do keep posting and let us know you are still around.   

Congratulations to you Brendan, you too have been a help to me and I look forward to reading your posts in the future as our latest moderator.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 08:45:43 AM »

Thankyou mgk for all the time and effort you've put into making this board as great as it is. Much appreciated. I've been hanging round these parts for quite a few years and do realise how much hard work you guys put into making this such a great place.

Good luck in the new post Brendan. Well deserved. I'm sure you'll make a great moderator.

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 09:09:03 PM »

Sorry I'm a bit late at adding my two cents worth to this thread ... I second everything Matt said, above.

mgk is one of the main reasons I've stayed devoted to this board over the years, and I couldn't have wanted a better partner in moderating. I'll miss her very much around here, and I do hope she will continue to drop by and post from time to time.

Welcome to Brendan, and good luck! I know he'll do well.
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 05:52:32 AM »

So for us history buffs the timeline would be:

Stone age: Cal
Bronze age: KC, MGK, and GMAT
Whatever-comes-after Bronze age: KC, MGK, and Matt
Present: KC, Matt, and Brendan

Thought I would recap for s@#ts and giggles 8)  Compared to other boards I've seen, Mod turnover here is very low.  Though most web-boards out there have way too many moderators anyway.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 05:58:05 AM by Conan » Logged

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2005, 06:05:52 AM »

Whatever-comes-after Bronze age: KC, MGK, and Matt

Try Golden Age ... ;)
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2005, 03:11:36 PM »

I would just like to say, being a long time member of the board, what a sad day it was, today, when I found out about mgk's resignation. 

I can remember back when I first started visiting the board and remember one night late at work reading a thread mkg was discussing about the conversation Malley and Shockley were having in the bus from the Movie the Gauntlet.  I remember it like it was yesterday and seeing this notice reminded me of the old thread and how mgk was analyzing the conversation in the Gauntlet.  What’s to come, what does the future hold, are we going to make it?  The board will go on and the threads will continue but surely the Clint Eastwood Web Board has suffered a blow in the loss of this fantastic moderator who gave it a kind of motherly love and an ever-watchful eye. 

Her presence on the board will be tremendously missed and I wish her all the happiness she deserves and will look forward to seeing her post whenever she has a chance.

We will miss you Santa Claus….. :-[

Congratulations Brenden on your appointment to Moderator.  Good luck and don’t let all that power go to your head. ;)  You will make a fine addition to the Web Board and I look forward to your knowledgeable and intelligent posts. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 03:15:45 PM by D'Ambrosia » Logged
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2005, 03:56:44 PM »

...who gave it a kind of motherly love and an ever-watchful eye. 
Very well put, D'Amb. O0
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2005, 03:32:49 AM »

fantastic moderator who gave it a kind of motherly love and an ever-watchful eye. 

That goes for me too. Thanks for the help I received from you  mgk you  didn't treat me like the dummy I am when it comes to computer stuff.   

I do hope you will continue to visit and post on the site.  Very Best wishes to you mgk.
allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2005, 01:34:36 PM »

I had a hiatus from the board again, so I've only just seen this. Just wanted to say thanks to mgk for all her hard work and I hope she comes back to us as much as possible. Also, congrats to Brendan, I'm sure he's doing a fantastic job already!

ally xx

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2005, 09:29:13 AM »

Wow, I'm very late posting here!

Sorry for not posting this sooner.  My wife and I were busy last summer with maintaining our pool and completing some projects around the house.  We installed a couple of walkways, no easy feat! (pun intended  ;D)  We took time for vacation in Florida to celebrate our anniversary in August, too.

Enough of that, this isn't about me.

THANKS, MGK for all your efforts!!

A belated CONGRATULATIONS to Brendan!

JED  :)

“Eyuh.”
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T