News: THE MULE, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood: now on disc and streaming!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ambush At Cimarron Pass  (Read 2730 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: July 05, 2005, 05:38:23 AM »

Thanks to TiVo, I finally got to see Ambush At Cimarron Pass.  It was on the Western channel July 4 and I watched it today.  Clint said it was one of the worst westerns ever made....I don't disagree.  Still, I liked seeing him at this very early phase of his career.  I believe it was just before Rawhide.  He starts out as a hothead at the beginning of the movie, but comes around before the end.  He delivers the final line, too:
Sometimes you've gotta lose before you finally win.
Sounds like something Josey Wales would say.
...I reckon so.

“Eyuh.”
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 06:51:17 AM »

Was it in widescreen, Jed?  :D
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 01:45:54 PM »

I saw this was on, but didn't get around to watching it. Maybe it'll be on again soon.

I'd be interested in watching it if for no other reason than to see the worst western ever made. :D
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 09:07:31 PM »

Haha I remember when I saw this movie.  My mom and I were up at like 2 in the morning and I saw it on, so we watched it.  Man did it stink.  Clint was gorgeous, and at 2 am even more so.  It was so funny.  Pretty lame as I recall.   ;)

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 01:30:39 PM »

Was it in widescreen, Jed?  :D

No, but that still wouldn't save it.  ;)

“Eyuh.”
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 04:10:34 PM »

I saw this movie today on the Encore Westerns Channel. It's a run of the mill western about savage injuns who cause a group of union and confederate soldiers to unite, though the war is over. I'd say it was decent for what it was, not quite the lousiest western made. If you want lousy, God's Gun was on right before it. ;)
HEX

itsa helluva a thing killing a man....

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 07:46:11 PM »

I saw this movie today on the Encore Westerns Channel. It's a run of the mill western about savage injuns who cause a group of union and confederate soldiers to unite, though the war is over. I'd say it was decent for what it was, not quite the lousiest western made. If you want lousy, God's Gun was on right before it. ;)

wow GODS GUN played on encore western channel? they rarily play spaghetti westerns. sorry i will have to disagree with u i have seen both. AMBUSH was awful and hasnt aged well. GODS'S GUN is probably one of the worst spaghetti westerns out there but it was still an enjoyable romp through crap. as opposed to just sitting in crap during AMBUSH.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T