News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: whats happening in london?  (Read 14100 times)
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2005, 04:25:49 PM »

Yeah the programme was just right.  Yep, Robery Hardy was excellent - got the intonation spot on. O0  And old Brucie got everyone going. 8)

Fantastic to see the Queen and all the royals in their usual open carriages all the way down the Mall - no fear.  I noticed the PM sang God Save the Queen with particular vigour today. 8)

Yeah vik, the Lancaster, what a beauty! O0  Here she is dropping the one million poppies.

vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2005, 03:23:15 AM »

"just jane" the last flying lancaster in england  :'(

only other in canada

i love the bit where the queen and prince philip took the salute to the veterans and their flags - the queen looked happy and so she should she has been head through all those years and did her bit during the war

absolutely fantastic
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 10:03:16 AM by vik » Logged

england -  its flag the St George flag
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2005, 06:50:41 AM »

It was a brilliant day as both Lilly and Vik have said.    The Lancaster and Spitfire bring tears to the eyes when you see them flying like that.   The Queen did look happy and the whole Royal family on the balcony was a treat.   We watched everything and then at 6pm went down to our village green for the service of remembrance and thanks with a lot of the village folk.   It was a lovely evening and we stood under the trees around our little War Memorial.  It was moving to hear and join the villagers in singing "Oh God Our Help In Ages Past" on a summer evening.   A day to remember and a day to tell the world "We Will Remember Them".   As always the British people showed their solidarity against all adversity.
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2005, 04:54:45 AM »

here comes the angry part

I cant possibly see what the idiots who did this, hope to gain by it! London has been through times a lot worse than this. People banded together during WWII when the nazi luftwaffe rained bombs down on them on a daily basis. And there was all those IRA bombings too. London may be a big city with lot of potential casualties, but this city is just abut the worst one to attack if you want to instill fear in the general population.

London has taken the best shots that tyrants and terrorists alike have hurled at them, and they´ve stuck together through all that.

Rule britania.
you can just never tell what goes on in the "brains" of those people dane. i reckon it was specifically timed for after the olympics announcement. a sleeper cell in france and london ready to wreak havoc depending on who won, their way of saying they can knock london of it's happy perch anytime, but the great thing is london dealt with the situation, and while grieving for it's lost souls got on with it's life, V.E. celebrations etc. that kind of resolve will help bring an end to the cowardly bastards who were behind this. and these cowardly and vicious attacks on the people (not the governments or establishments, but the people) will not get the better of a city that as you said saw off hitler and the third reich. one good thing coming out of this is it sems to move the christian jewish and muslim communities closer, in both their grief and condemnation of these attacks.

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
Fr@mus

Hi Yo Silver, away!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2005, 11:08:29 AM »

:'( my sympathy for londoners

About profiles. I really cannot dig into terrorist's brain after reading this from the BBC:

Mohammad Sidique Khan..The 30-year-old had been a teaching assistant ....
One neighbour said: "He didn't seem to be an extremist. He was not one to talk about religion. He was generally a very nice bloke."
"He was a good man, quiet"
   :o

Hasib Hussain Neighbours said the 18-year-old had lived all his life in Colonso Mount in the Holbeck area of Leeds. One neighbour described the family as "very nice people".

He said: "We all knew them but I wouldn't say I knew them well. They were just a very nice family."
  :o

Shehzad Tanweer  His uncle, Bashir Ahmed, 65, said the family was "shattered" by the revelation that he appeared to have been involved.

"He was proud to be British," he said. "He had everything to live for. His parents were loving and supportive.

"He was a very kind and calm person. He was respected by everyone."

Neighbours described the graduate, who studied at Leeds Metropolitan University, as a "good Muslim". Others said he was a "nice lad" who could "get on with anyone".

Lindsey Germaine Little is known of his background and sources say confirmation of his identity may depend on DNA analysis.

Can't explain and remember Arlington Street film..Tim Robbins appears as a nice fellow...but

ODD

"And In The End, The Love You Take Is Equal To The Love You Make." ( The Beatles )
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2005, 08:08:29 PM »

Everyone interviewed by media that knows suspects are always shocked..."He was so quiet!" and all that jazz.  I've never heard, "He was a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off!!  I'm surprised he didn't go off sooner!"

Man I miss the mid-to-late 90s...I didn't know how good we had it.

paulk

Oh well, $#!t happens

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2005, 11:53:30 PM »

To all those in London....my thoughts and prayers are for your country, you, and your fellow country men.  This American stands next to you as all you have done for us also.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T