News: THE MULE, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood: now on disc and streaming!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What was the last Eastwood film you watched?  (Read 235349 times)
Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #1620 on: December 22, 2018, 07:28:31 AM »

Funny thing is, Gant only ďthinks in RussianĒ once, the other pilot commands from him are verbal.

I donít recall wondering in prior viewings how strange it was that Gant was running from a U.S. military helicopter, surely he recognized it... Of course, his PTSD couldíve been triggered by the sudden appearance of the copter.  I canít remember if thatís explained in the novel.  I enjoyed reading it and the sequel, Firefox Down!, very much. 

Still, it was nice revisiting this film again.  I would edit it to make it tighter, more suspenseful.  30-40 minutes could easily be scrapped.

Had I sat down to watch this movie straight on from beginning to end, Iíd have dozed off.  It was perfect having it on as I wrapped Christmas presents.  Firefox was the very first ticket Iíd bought for a large screen Eastwood movie and for that reason itís special to me even though itís not a favorite. 

It was a nice walk down memory lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefox has always been one of my favorite. First time watched it, I watched the whole movie with no interruptions also it helps I watched with my father that kept me more interested through the movie. :)

I used to have the five stars
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1621 on: December 23, 2018, 08:05:15 PM »

I gave this another viewing this weekend.  Not as good as the Leone trilogy, but still very enjoyable.

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1622 on: January 04, 2019, 01:57:53 PM »

Finally!  Six long years since the last Clint Eastwood movie!  Talk about a dry spell!  Well worth the wait.  I saw this again Wednesday night.  I may see it one more time before itís gone from the cinemas.  I enjoyed The Mule very much.  I found nothing wong with it and look forward to seeing it again.

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1623 on: January 06, 2019, 12:58:20 PM »

Hey Jed. I saw "The Mule" for the second time last night. I'd love to hear your thoughts and feelings about the film. I hope you'll consider posting some more extended thoughts in the non-spoilers thread.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1624 on: January 07, 2019, 03:16:59 PM »

Watched Thunderbolt and Lightfoot. It's a shame Cimino and Eastwood never worked together again. Cimino wanted Eastwood to do a remake of The Fountainhead... Interesting.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1625 on: February 04, 2019, 04:59:41 PM »

Hey Jed. I saw "The Mule" for the second time last night. I'd love to hear your thoughts and feelings about the film. I hope you'll consider posting some more extended thoughts in the non-spoilers thread.

Thanks, AKA.  However, I believe it would be best to post in the Spoilers allowed thread, though so thereís no restrictions with respect to giving anything away. 🙂

Dragonite46

View Profile Email
« Reply #1626 on: February 05, 2019, 03:15:06 AM »

Watched Gran Torino again last night.

I haven't seen The Mule yet though as it isn't shown at my local cinema.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1627 on: May 18, 2019, 08:19:51 PM »

Good day for a marathon, feeling run down and tired.  Sleeping off and on all day but making sure to eat, drink plenty of water and rest.  Hope this buggerís gone by morning.

Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1628 on: May 30, 2019, 01:48:57 PM »

Very cool marathon Jed. I've done that before on a day off. Some days just don't want to step outside at all. Just stay in all day watching movie marathons. Usually Rocky, Rambo, Dirty Harry, Indiana Jones marathons to name a few I enjoy. I also sometimes have an Eastwood marathon where I pick out 4 or 5 Various Eastwood movies and watch them all day. Very fun. The next day I'm ready to get outside though. Makes you appreciate the outdoors. But it is nice staying in taking a break from outside world.

I watched The Mule last night on DVD. I watched it at the theatre and this was my second viewing. I enjoyed it even more second time around. Eastwood is hilarious. And everybody else was great too. Really great movie!
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #1629 on: May 30, 2019, 02:55:01 PM »

Anyone planning an Eastwood marathon for his birthday?
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1630 on: May 30, 2019, 10:03:20 PM »

That would be cool Christopher. Unfortunately I have to work most of tomorrow. Wish I could though.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #1631 on: June 01, 2019, 09:44:13 AM »

I didn't do that either, but have been thinking about pulling out some of the Dirty Harry sequels soon. O0
HarryCallahan

View Profile Email
« Reply #1632 on: June 15, 2019, 01:28:04 PM »

Watching Two Mules For Sister Sara. Haven't seen it for over 15 years. I forgotten just how good Shirley McClaine was in this.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do i feel lucky?' Well do ya punk?
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T