News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Horror Films  (Read 32194 times)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2020, 07:35:40 AM »

Some great films in there Doug... I really like Get Out and Us too.. tho I did enjoy The Babadook..

You’ve got a lot of my favourites in that list... Death Line.... awesome movie..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2020, 10:42:10 AM »

40 years !?!?!? 😳😳😳

My God where did that time go... I remember queuing up with pals to see the first one...
That would have been fun. I remember watching the movies on TV as a kid over a Friday the 13th weekend, then we'd come back Monday and talk about the movies at school. That was probably in the early 90s.

I don't know that I agree with my post from fifteen+ years ago. :D I wouldn't say it led to the downfall of the slasher genre. The market just got crazy flooded during that time. Some things I like about the first movie is that the gore is used selectively and to some great effect. I don't know how many people have seen it, or what I should say in terms of something that could be considered a spoiler, but I think it would have been better if Betsy Palmer's character had been introduced earlier in the movie. In fact I watched the first part of the 8 part documentary last night, where she said the same thing in an interview. I wish the movie had been done a little more as a murder mystery. But of course Halloween had been done just a couple years before, and the killings are very random in it (even by the end of the movie the killings are still very random).

Anyhow, I like the movie, but I think it could have been better. Maybe I'll watch the rest of the movies soon. Outside of the box set with the first 8 movies, I also have Jason Goes to Hell, Jason X, and Freddy vs. Jason. ;D

Doug, I haven't seen all the movies on your list, but there's some good stuff on there.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2020, 11:50:02 PM »

.... but the film that had the biggest impact on me and my pals way back then was definitely Dawn of the Dead.. I remember leaving the cinema after seeing it and having to walk through a deserted shopping mall 😳😳 to get to the station and get home. Awesome movie that kinda left us
all speechless.... nothing was ever the same again after that one 😊

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2020, 02:36:19 PM »

Sadly some shopping malls feel kind of deserted like that now (well, I mean before they all shut down due to the virus). Dawn of the Dead would have been a fun one to see at the theater too. I went to see the remake in 2004 and I liked it.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2020, 10:39:14 PM »

I just prefer my Zombies moving slowly ... old Skool 😉

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2020, 10:34:45 AM »

Night of the Demon. One of my all time favourite movies... still has a creepy power to it..

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2020, 01:37:00 PM »

Is anyone revisiting some favorites since it's a few days until Halloween?

I watched Halloween III: Season of the Witch last night.

I really like this movie. It's too bad their idea to release a new Halloween themed movie every year or so didn't catch on. As far as the Halloween series, it's one of the best.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2020, 03:40:53 PM »

Sadly some shopping malls feel kind of deserted like that now (well, I mean before they all shut down due to the virus). Dawn of the Dead would have been a fun one to see at the theater too. I went to see the remake in 2004 and I liked it.

I saw the original in the theater, and I did really enjoy it!  ;D

I want to watch something scary tonight, but not wanting to revisit anything I've seen before. Gotta try to find something new that is also really good. This happens every Halloween...
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2020, 04:04:19 PM »

Have you ever seen Night of the Demon starring Dana Andrews ?

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2020, 04:34:35 PM »

Have you ever seen Night of the Demon starring Dana Andrews ?

I haven't, and it looks right up my alley!  Downloading it now. Thanks for the recommendation.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2020, 12:42:17 AM »

Cool.... I think it was re titled  Curse of the Demon in the US but was quite severely cut. Hopefully you can find the original 96 minute version of the film..

its been one of my fave movies since I first saw it as a kid..

I just picked up Blood on Satan?s Claw on Blu-ray. I?ve never seen it but it comes highly recommended  and is
often compared favourably with the original Wicker Man ..
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 12:57:45 AM by Gant » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T