News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Horror Films  (Read 30212 times)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2020, 07:35:40 AM »

Some great films in there Doug... I really like Get Out and Us too.. tho I did enjoy The Babadook..

You’ve got a lot of my favourites in that list... Death Line.... awesome movie..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2020, 10:42:10 AM »

40 years !?!?!? 😳😳😳

My God where did that time go... I remember queuing up with pals to see the first one...
That would have been fun. I remember watching the movies on TV as a kid over a Friday the 13th weekend, then we'd come back Monday and talk about the movies at school. That was probably in the early 90s.

I don't know that I agree with my post from fifteen+ years ago. :D I wouldn't say it led to the downfall of the slasher genre. The market just got crazy flooded during that time. Some things I like about the first movie is that the gore is used selectively and to some great effect. I don't know how many people have seen it, or what I should say in terms of something that could be considered a spoiler, but I think it would have been better if Betsy Palmer's character had been introduced earlier in the movie. In fact I watched the first part of the 8 part documentary last night, where she said the same thing in an interview. I wish the movie had been done a little more as a murder mystery. But of course Halloween had been done just a couple years before, and the killings are very random in it (even by the end of the movie the killings are still very random).

Anyhow, I like the movie, but I think it could have been better. Maybe I'll watch the rest of the movies soon. Outside of the box set with the first 8 movies, I also have Jason Goes to Hell, Jason X, and Freddy vs. Jason. ;D

Doug, I haven't seen all the movies on your list, but there's some good stuff on there.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2020, 11:50:02 PM »

.... but the film that had the biggest impact on me and my pals way back then was definitely Dawn of the Dead.. I remember leaving the cinema after seeing it and having to walk through a deserted shopping mall 😳😳 to get to the station and get home. Awesome movie that kinda left us
all speechless.... nothing was ever the same again after that one 😊

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2020, 02:36:19 PM »

Sadly some shopping malls feel kind of deserted like that now (well, I mean before they all shut down due to the virus). Dawn of the Dead would have been a fun one to see at the theater too. I went to see the remake in 2004 and I liked it.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2020, 10:39:14 PM »

I just prefer my Zombies moving slowly ... old Skool 😉

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2020, 10:34:45 AM »

Night of the Demon. One of my all time favourite movies... still has a creepy power to it..

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T