News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies I have watched this week  (Read 765100 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4320 on: April 03, 2021, 08:30:19 AM »

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

My first attempt to view this on cable 6 years ago was unsuccessful.  With what little I viewed then, I was disappointed and switched channels.  Even with what little I?d seen, I disagreed with all of the positive reviews I?d heard and was surprised that it received numerous Academy Award nominations.

The movie came up in recent conversations with friends and I decided to add it to my list of films to give a second chance.  I?m glad I did, because I loved it this time around.  I don?t know, maybe I had to go through a divorce and then a break-up to really enjoy it!  Ha ha ha, not really.  Those have nothing to do with it.  I?m hoping a sequel is in the works.

Joker (2019)

Upon hearing about this movie, I was curious but had no burning desire to see it.  Even after hearing good things about it and seeing Joaquin Phoenix win the Best Actor Oscar for his performance, I was unmoved.  As with Mad Max: Fury Road, Joker came up in recent talks with friends and I decided I?d check it out.

My girlfriend and I watched this last night and both came away very disappointed.  It was not entertaining.  It was overlong and dull.  Phoenix is deserving of his award, but I don?t consider him a good Joker.  To me, the best versions are Caesar Romero, Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger. 

Overboard (1987)

Coming away disappointed with Joker, Cydney and I turned to this comedy.  My first viewing and enjoyed it very much.  Goldie Hawn is a doll and I?ve enjoyed a lot of Kurt Russell?s movies ever since first seeing him portray The King in 1979?s TV biopic produced by Dick Clark, Elvis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 08:38:55 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4321 on: June 17, 2021, 02:15:16 PM »

I was thinking about watching the three Honey I Shrunk the Kids movies on Disney Plus, but I knew that I'd watched the original movie at some point in recent years, so I'd might just check out the two sequels since I haven't seen those as often. I did a search on here so I could see when the title might appear on my movie journal, and found two results. I watched Honey I Shrunk the Kids in 2007 and 2014. So now I feel like I need to keep the every seven years thing alive and watch it again. :D
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4322 on: July 03, 2021, 08:24:29 AM »

The Friends of Eddie Coyle starring Robert Mitchum

Great slice of gritty 70s cinema.
Big cars, cool soundtrack, Mitchum on top form...

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T