News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 218 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies I have watched this week  (Read 933072 times)
paul muni

American psycho

View Profile Email
« Reply #1300 on: September 10, 2007, 11:43:46 PM »

The Mechanic (1972) 9/10

Yet another Charles Bronson classic. This is a well written, gripping, and perfectly executed action thriller. Today for the most part, you do not see an action thriller that compares to this film. It is not predictable like most thrillers. I was on the edge of my seat all the way through trying to guess what was going to happen next. This is definietly one of Chuck's best roles and films. And, what an ending! Don't miss it.

Spot on, man! The Mechanic is another one of my favorite films of all time. Extremely well done, gripping, and just plain badass (esp. Chuck Bronson  O0).

Go ahead, make his day.

October 26th: Saw IV--YES!
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

They got a sign on him in front of Greely's?

View Profile Email
« Reply #1301 on: September 11, 2007, 08:05:21 AM »

Spot on, man! The Mechanic is another one of my favorite films of all time. Extremely well done, gripping, and just plain badass (esp. Chuck Bronson  O0).

Indeed! This film is further proof why Charles Bronson is one of the coolest, most baddest actor's to ever grace the silver screen. I love this film!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
lovelyrita

Yeah? Well I've got MediCare, go ahead and shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #1302 on: September 14, 2007, 10:03:30 PM »

Indeed! This film is further proof why Charles Bronson is one of the coolest, most baddest actor's to ever grace the silver screen. I love this film!

Truly a Bad ass but oh so sexy.
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1303 on: September 14, 2007, 10:10:06 PM »

Truly a Bad ass but oh so sexy.

;D you just love those old actors lovelyrita! You have some great taste woman! :)

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
lovelyrita

View Profile Email
« Reply #1304 on: September 15, 2007, 11:06:29 AM »

I watched "Beyond the Sea" w/Kevin Spacey. The life story about Bobby Darin and his relationship with Sandra Dee. I had always heard of Bobby Darin , but never knew too much about the man. This movie was a great reflection on his life, I thought. Although, I read today after searching Bobby Darin about the divorce which wasn't really stated in the movie, and he actually remarried before he died in 1973. He was a great preformer!

Kevin Spacey even though he was older than Bobby Darin gave a hell of a performance and even did his own singing. I am thinking why they did not mention the divorce and of course this is only my opinion was the fact that his son with Sandra Dee was very involved in making this movie. Also I heard an interview with the son and he stated that his mother really never got over his father, She unfortunately had a tremendous drinking problem. But Bobby Darin himself was an amazing singer and even a good actor. See Captain Newman MD with Gregory Peck.

Would like to add that I watched anothe indie called "Year of the Dog" with Molly Shannon. It wasn't at all what I expected. Its filed under comedy and while there were funny scenes it was much more of a drama. Molly Shannon's performance was not what u would have expected. She can act...
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1305 on: September 15, 2007, 01:18:05 PM »

Lost Command (1966) 7.5/10

"Lost Command" is one of those overlooked films that rarely ever gets played on television for some strange reason. It retells part of the true events of the Algerian War for Independence. The movie was filmed on location in Spain which served a great backdrop for Algeria. The film has a good story, supurb with top-notch, realistic action sequences directed by Mark Robson, and is wonderfully acted by the legendary Anthony Quinn, which I believe is arguably one of his best roles.

The supporting cast is pretty damn good as well. Alain Delon, George Segal, Michèle Morgan, and Claudia Cardinale round out the great supporting cast.

Predator (1987) 9/10

A sci-fi/action classic!!!! This was a favorite of mine growing up, and it still is. I believe this is Arnold Schwarzennegger's best performance to date. He really showed his acting chops in this. Just watch him during the scenes where he's not talking. His facial expressions tell all. Great stuff.

This is one of the most suspenceful, terrifying, and tention driven films you will ever see. It's masterful in all these aspects. John McTiernen proved here that he's a force to be reckon with. He directs Predator, then follows it up with Die Hard the next year! Two classics back to back.

This also has arguably the best creature creation to ever hit the silver screen. Thank creature creator Stan Winston for that! His vision is spectacular. Also, James Cameron had his input on the creature himself. He's the one that suggested the mandibles to Stan while he was creating the creature. This is a feature that's outstanding.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:24:38 PM by WeAllGotItCominKid » Logged

paul muni

American psycho

View Profile Email
« Reply #1306 on: September 18, 2007, 06:36:27 PM »

Recently bought and watched an obscure but well done movie called Ice Cold in Phoenix. The film deals with a loner (Duane Espinoza) whose has turned psychotic over the years due to abuse by his alcoholic father. In the beginning, he brutally kills a businessman and steals his car, then tries to reunite with his father who rejects him. The rest of the movie you'll have to see for yourself, even though it might be hard to find. The main message is the savagry of the "average joe" or at least thats what I thought of it. Very decent film.

Go ahead, make his day.

October 26th: Saw IV--YES!
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1307 on: September 19, 2007, 08:15:02 AM »

Death Proof - Director's Cut (2007) 8.5/10

One of the most fun filled films I have ever watched. Yes, it's got your typical talk, talk, talk dialogue between the characters, but that's vintage Quentin Tarantino; what do you expect? This didn't really bother me like it bothered some people.

The film grabs your interest from the start right up to the brilliant conclusion that homages some of the greatest 1970's films that contained the greatest car chases ever.  The cast of strong female leads was great. Lot's of colorful characters who were extremely different from one to the next, which I thought was pretty cool. And then there's Kurt Russell, in tip top form. Kurt is just brilliant here as Stuntman Mike.

The Grindhouse idea in my opinion is brilliant. I loved the idea from the first day I heard this idea from Robert Rodriguez and QT. Seeing this in the theatre was mind blowing. It was one of the best time's I had watching a film in a long time. I was brought back to the 1970's, a decade I love dearly in the film world.

Don't miss it!

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1308 on: September 20, 2007, 02:19:23 AM »

I watched Adam Sandler's Click last night. I've seen a few Sandler movies which have been fine but this is probably the best of them, and it's thanks to Christopher Walken. He was the reason why I watched this, and he didn't disappoint in another wacky performance.

And yes Walken fans, he does get to do a little dance in one scene. It's funny now, whenever I watch a film with Christopher Walken in it, I'm always thinking when is he going to start dancing. :D

The film got a little sentimental towards the end, but everytime Walken is on the screen it's a treat to watch.

3/5.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1309 on: September 20, 2007, 02:51:51 AM »

I watched Adam Sandler's Click last night. I've seen a few Sandler movies which have been fine but this is probably the best of them, and it's thanks to Christopher Walken. He was the reason why I watched this, and he didn't disappoint in another wacky performance.

And yes Walken fans, he does get to do a little dance in one scene. It's funny now, whenever I watch a film with Christopher Walken in it, I'm always thinking when is he going to start dancing. :D

The film got a little sentimental towards the end, but everytime Walken is on the screen it's a treat to watch.

3/5.

Have you ever seen that SK ? I like Christopher Walken as well ! :)
And I love that clip !  O0

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-8533509342397652721&q=Christohper+walken+is+dancing&total=150&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1310 on: September 20, 2007, 03:08:37 AM »

Thanks for posting that clip Sylvie. I've never seen that before and it was great. 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1311 on: September 21, 2007, 09:29:02 AM »

Come and See (1985) 10/10

BOLD. BRILLIANT. UNEQUALED. This is a masterpiece if there ever was one. I have never seen a more POWERFUL war picture, not ever, and I've seen countless films in the war genre. What I witnessed, words can't fully describe. This is one of the few war films that FULLY captures the HORROR'S of war and the PYSCOLOGICAL effects it has on human being's during and after the fact. It's jaw dropping in it's realism and intensity.

Director Elem Klimov doesn't pull any punches in telling this story. He gives us the closest, possible look into the NIGHTMARE of war. When you hear the common phrase, "War is hell"; look at none other than "Come in See." I was shocked at the images I was watching. All through the Point Of View of a young Russian boy Florya, played brilliantly by Aleksei Kravchenko. This is a film that will stay with you forever. It will break your heart.

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1312 on: September 22, 2007, 05:34:08 AM »

The awesome James Cagney in
White Heat

and
The Elephant Man

Still a fantastically moving film..
 A pal of mine got to see Merricks actual skeleton a while back...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 12:36:36 AM by Gant » Logged

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
lovelyrita

View Profile Email
« Reply #1313 on: September 22, 2007, 07:43:11 PM »

The awesome James Cagney in

and

Still a fantasticly moving film..

A pal of mine got to see Merricks actual skeleton a while back...

Gant I too find the Elephant Man moving. Hurt's performance was truly amazing and he would have won the award that year if not for Robert D. in the Raging Bull. His portrayed John Merrick with dignity, courage and  great humanity despite being so heavily made up. Not an easy feat I would think.  Come to think of it there wasn't a bad perfomeance from anyone..I have this film and I am going to watch it again. Thx for the post!
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1314 on: September 23, 2007, 12:38:03 AM »

Agreed, everyone in it is great.. I especialy enjoyed Fredie Jones performance.

lovelyrita

View Profile Email
« Reply #1315 on: September 23, 2007, 09:12:14 AM »

Agreed, everyone in it is great.. I especialy enjoyed Fredie Jones performance.

I have seen Freddie Jones in other movies but his performance in the Elephant Man was in this writer's opinion one of his best. Not only the dialogue but his mannerisms were something else. An award performance for sure..
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1316 on: September 24, 2007, 07:25:44 PM »

I want to see The Assassination of Jesse James ... any idea when it will be released? It says September 21(limited) on IMDb  ???

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1317 on: September 24, 2007, 11:15:36 PM »

It opened in a few theaters in New York City on Friday, to mixed reviews.
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1318 on: September 25, 2007, 11:55:50 AM »

Downfall (2004) 10/10
A terrifying and compelling look into the final days of Adolph Hitler trapped inside a Berlin Bunker at the end of WWII. This is the best onscreen adaptation of the Nazi dicator. Bruno Ganz should have won an OSCAR for his performance here. He is down right supurb!!

The film is told through the eyes of Traudl Junge who was Adolph Hiter's final secretary. Alexandra Maria Lara plays the part wonderfully! This is one of the best WWII films out there. It's amazing in it's historical accuracy and realism. Do not miss this!

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1319 on: September 25, 2007, 11:48:56 PM »

Watched a great little movie last night..

Jindabyne
Starring Gabriel Byrne and Laura Linney.

Gets the Gant seal of approval.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 218 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T