News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 217 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies I have watched this week  (Read 852924 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3580 on: September 07, 2015, 05:42:13 AM »

I caught a good portion of Back To The Future III last night.  Good seeing it again.   The formula worked better going back in time, rather than going forward.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3581 on: September 07, 2015, 01:09:53 PM »

I caught a good portion of Back To The Future III last night.  Good seeing it again.   The formula worked better going back in time, rather than going forward.

This was on again this morning again.  I'm glad I had the chance to see most of it this time.  Not sure I'll ever watch the second one again, but who knows?  I can do without it but may go out of my way to watch the entire trilogy from start to finish sometime.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:12:54 PM by Jed [Brian] Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3582 on: September 07, 2015, 01:11:16 PM »

Beverly Hills Cop II (1987)

A decent comedy sequel.  Too bad the third one wasn't any good.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:20:11 PM by Jed [Brian] Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Smitty1993

Hey there

View Profile Email
« Reply #3583 on: September 07, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »

This was on again this morning again.  I'm glad I had the chance to see most of it this time.  Not sure I'll ever watch the second one again, but who knows?  I can do without it but may go out of my way to watch the entire trilogy from start to finish sometime.

There showing the whole trilogy here in theatres in October perhaps it's the anniversary of the series ? Who knows

Do you feel lucky punk 😀
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3584 on: September 08, 2015, 02:30:14 AM »

Rocky

Rocky and Rocky 2 are my very favorite movie. Rocky 2 is a continuation really of Rocky so I basically consider both my very favorite movie. And really I enjoy all six of the Rocky movies. I'm a big fan. I watched the Rocky movies a lot as a kid and I always felt inspired and motivated to work out. Can't say enough good things about the Rocky movies. They just are very special to me. Greatest under dog movie ever made IMO.
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

I Have A Horse, And The West Is Wide.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3585 on: September 09, 2015, 10:27:12 PM »

‘Annabelle” (2014)
-Annabelle Wallis

Plot: IMDB
A couple begins to experience terrifying supernatural occurrences involving a vintage doll shortly after their home is invaded by satanic cultists.

Phantom’s Review:
If you’re a fan of gore, sledgehammer shocks, in your face horror and major FX,well you should probably stay away from ‘Annabelle’. This film is a good ,old fashioned ghost story. Slow moving, as it builds up suspense,light on the gore and FX and heavy on acting, atmosphere and suspense. A couple of good “BOO” scenes and some dine acting. If you like a good, slow burn ghost story, I think you’ll like this. I did,

They'd never forget, the day the stranger rode into town.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3586 on: September 11, 2015, 11:52:40 AM »

There showing the whole trilogy here in theatres in October perhaps it's the anniversary of the series ? Who knows

The first movie was released July 3, 1985 and in it Marty travels back in time to November 5, 1955.  So you're correct, Smitty and I'm sure that's why the series is being played.

“Eyuh.”
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3587 on: September 14, 2015, 11:53:09 AM »

All these were good enough to watch but none of them were great.

This one I liked quite a bit (even with the slightly wooden lead actors)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 12:03:27 PM by Hemlock » Logged
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3588 on: September 14, 2015, 06:45:31 PM »

'Nate And Hayes'(1983)
-Tommy Lee Jones
A swashbuckling adventure which takes place in the mid-1800's on the South Pacific islands where bloody raids and battles were once the rule of the day.
Phantom's Review:
To kick off my 'International Talk Like A Pirate Day' week (Sept 19) , I chose this little known, but highly entertaining swashbuckler. A young Tommy Lee Jones plays the pirate captain "Bully" Hayes, who gets himself and his crew in a series of adventures while trying to rescue a beautiful young lady. Plenty of action,great cinematography, a rousing music score (London Symphony Orchestra) and some fine acting. The film has a "Indiana Jones" type of vibe to it, but on a lower budget. If you like high seas adventure films, I think you'll like "Nate And Hayes" I know I did. Ahoy!

Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3589 on: September 15, 2015, 09:03:03 PM »

Rocky Balboa

This one and Rocky 5 are my two least favorite in the series of Rocky movies.  But I still really enjoy watching both of them very much.  Each one of these two movies is unique and a little different from the others.  I liked the street fighting aspect of Rocky 5 and the reminiscing in Rocky Balboa.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3590 on: September 16, 2015, 05:04:03 AM »

Tombstone (1993)

I came across this the other night.  One of my favorites.

“Eyuh.”
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #3591 on: September 16, 2015, 10:43:49 AM »

Tombstone (1993)

I came across this the other night.  One of my favorites.

Well,this is a good one  O0

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3592 on: September 16, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »

'Treasure Island' (1990)
-Charlton Heston
Young Jim Hawkins, while running the Benbow Inn with his mother, meets Captain Billy Bones, who dies at the inn while it is besieged by buccaneers led by Blind Pew. Jim and his mother fight off the attackers and discover Billy Bones' treasure map for which the buccaneers had come. Jim agrees to sail on the Hispaniola with Squire Trelawney and Dr. Livesey to find the treasure on a mysterious island. Upon arriving at the island, ship's cook and scalawag Long John Silver leads a mutiny of crew members who want the treasure for themselves. Jim helps the Squire and Hispaniola officers to survive the mutiny and fight back against Silver's men, who have taken over the Hispaniola.
Phantom's Review: For night two of my "International Talk Like A Pirate Day' week, I choose, this, my favorite adaptation of Robert Lewis Stevenson's much filmed novel. Originally made as a TV movie, this film easily beats any Theatrical film version. Beautiful cinematography, an excellent script and an exceptional cast that includes Christian Bale, Christopher Lee (as Blind Pew), Oliver Reed (as Billy Bones) and Julian Glover, all led by Charlton Heston as "Long John Silver". I thoroughly enjoy this film,and if you enjoy this book or Pirate stories in general, you'll enjoy this. Ahoy!
‪#‎Talklikeapirateday‬

Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3593 on: September 16, 2015, 05:17:39 PM »

'Cutthroat Island' (1996)
-Gena Davis
Morgan Adams and her slave, William Shaw, are on a quest to recover the three portions of a treasure map. Unfortunately, the final portion is held by her murderous uncle, Dawg. Her crew is skeptical of her leadership abilities, so she must complete her quest before they mutiny against her. This is made yet more difficult by the efforts of the British crown to end her piratical raids.
Phantom's Review: For night three of my "International Talk Like A Pirate Day" week,, I choose this, One of the biggest bombs in film history. Yeah, I've heard all the stories, massive financial flop, took a studio down with it, and one of the last nails in the coffin of the marriage of Gena Davis and director Renny Harlin, but despite all of this, I LIKE THIS MOVIE. It's got plenty of action, great cinematography, most of the pirate movie cliches, and a couple of awesome looking Pirate ships. Is it a great film..no, but it's lots of fun.
#ITLAPD2015

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3594 on: September 16, 2015, 07:12:27 PM »

So Phantomstranger, are you planning to watch any movies rated "R" this week? ;) ;D
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3595 on: September 16, 2015, 11:33:29 PM »

I just caught up with the recent Lone Ranger movie....
Not perfect by any means but a lot more interesting than the critics would have you believe.
Bit of a mess in places and could have done without the humour... But good performances and some interesting stuff in there..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3596 on: September 16, 2015, 11:35:10 PM »

So Phantomstranger, are you planning to watch any movies rated "R" this week? ;) ;D

Bad, just bad :)

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3597 on: September 17, 2015, 05:48:14 AM »

Rocky Balboa

This one and Rocky 5 are my two least favorite in the series of Rocky movies.  But I still really enjoy watching both of them very much.  Each one of these two movies is unique and a little different from the others.  I liked the street fighting aspect of Rocky 5 and the reminiscing in Rocky Balboa.

I can understand and relate as to why these would be your least favorite, Rawhide7.  They have a different feel to them than the first four.  The first two, in my opinion, are the best but the third and fourth are great, exciting films that stand on their own.  The fifth, well, that was a disappointment.  I happened to watch it again not long ago myself and didn't mind sitting through it.  It was interesting to see the story unfold and though not good I now find it okay.  Still a far cry from its' predecessors.  I did enjoy Rocky Balboa very much, though.  If anything it was redemption for the film that came before it.  The story, acting, drama and buildup to the boxing match was reminiscent of the first to Rocky movies.  I was hoping for a different outcome but overall was very happy with the end result.

Now I'm curious to see events unfold in the spinoff film coming out this November, entitled Creed. 

“Eyuh.”
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3598 on: September 17, 2015, 04:11:44 PM »

'The Pirates! Band Of Misfits" (2012)
-Hugh Grant, Salma Hayek

After years of humiliation and failed attempts to win the coveted Pirate of the Year Award, Pirate Captain and his oddball crew take on the cream of the pirating crop - Black Bellamy, Peg Leg Hastings and Cutlass Liz - in a race to pillage the most booty. They soon cross paths with lovelorn scientist Charles Darwin, who persuades the Captain that the crew's prized 'parrot', Polly, could be the answer to the 'untold riches' they are searching for. Their adventure takes them to Victorian London where they meet Darwin's sidekick 'man-panzee' Mister Bobo, and the notorious pirate-hating Queen Victoria herself. It soon unfolds that Darwin's motives for helping the crew are not what they seem, and the Queen has an evil hidden agenda of her own. The Pirate Captain must choose between basking in the glory of being crowned Pirate of the Year, or staying faithful to his trusted crew.
#ITLAPD2015

Phantom's Review:
For night four of my "International Talk Like A Pirate Day" week, I choose, a film for the whole family. This film is one of the goofiest, most entertaining animated films that I've seen in a long time. Made by the same folks who do the "Wallace And Gromitt" shows, this film is wonderfully animated, well written, with some of the silliest jokes, characters and situations. A great film for all the pirates in your crew :)
#ITLAPD2015

Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3599 on: September 17, 2015, 09:38:09 PM »

I can understand and relate as to why these would be your least favorite, Rawhide7.  They have a different feel to them than the first four.  The first two, in my opinion, are the best but the third and fourth are great, exciting films that stand on their own.  The fifth, well, that was a disappointment.  I happened to watch it again not long ago myself and didn't mind sitting through it.  It was interesting to see the story unfold and though not good I now find it okay.  Still a far cry from its' predecessors.  I did enjoy Rocky Balboa very much, though.  If anything it was redemption for the film that came before it.  The story, acting, drama and buildup to the boxing match was reminiscent of the first to Rocky movies.  I was hoping for a different outcome but overall was very happy with the end result.

Now I'm curious to see events unfold in the spinoff film coming out this November, entitled Creed. 

I totally agree with you Jed!  First two were the best for sure.  And three and four are very fun and exciting to watch.  I pretty much like the Rocky movies in the order they came out.  First one being my favorite and its a pretty close toss up for me between Rocky 5 and Rocky Balboa.  Rocky 5 was kind of a negative somewhat depressing movie.  It really didnt send a positive message.  However I still found the story and fight scenes to be very entertaining.  With Rocky living through Tommy Gunn and his success Rocky was winning again.  I thought Tommy Morrison did a fabulous job.  One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when Tommy punches Paulie and knocks him down and his tooth out.  And Rocky comes up and says "okay you knocked him down now why dont you try knocking me down now."  I love that scene.  And really the entire street fight between Rocky and Tommy I thought was very entertaining.    That whole fight scene really made that movie. Had that fight scene not been as good I probably for sure would rank this movie as my least favorite in the series.  I kind of liked the change of pace with the street fight instead of in the ring.  And I also enjoyed Rocky Balboa as well.  Stallone really made a huge effort to send a positive message in this film.  And this movie really sums up this entire series.  I thought this movie was a great one to end the series on. 
Now about the new Creed movie:  I watched the trailer yesterday and I can say I was very impressed with it.  I cant wait until Thanksgiving to see it at the theatre. 
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 217 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T