News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies I have watched this week  (Read 435112 times)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #4120 on: November 01, 2017, 08:25:08 AM »

Am currently watching Alien..... for the very first time..
What did you think of it?

I remember seeing it a long time ago and thinking it was okay. Then I watched it again maybe nine or ten years ago, and I loved it. It might be my favorite monster movie of all time.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4121 on: November 04, 2017, 12:23:08 AM »

I enjoyed it... Wish I'd seen it first time round but I could see what all the fuss is about.
Next up..... Blade runner..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4122 on: November 04, 2017, 01:05:07 AM »

For manyone with an interest in classic older movies I cant recommend strongly enough the podcast Hollywood Histories.. its on i-tunes..

It goes so deep into the histories of movies an actors and is often very moving and extremely informative..also very entertaining..

Im currently mid way through the story of RKO film producer Val Lewton. Ive always been a fan but the podcast has sent me right back to rewatch some of his classic horror movies..

starting with Cat People 1942 staring Simone Simon and directed by Jaques Tournier..

Lewton produced a series of great movies at RKO rescuing the company from bancruptcy afetr a certain Mr WElles had been involved with them..
I'd definitely also recommend Man in the Shadows..A very good documentary on Mr Lewton by Martin Scorsese..

I enjoyed Cat People just as much all these years later.. quality film..

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4123 on: December 07, 2017, 06:00:22 AM »

IN A Lonely Place 1950
Directed by Nicholas Ray

I got to see this fantastic movie starring Humphrey Bogart and Gloria Graheme at the British Film Institute on Londons Southbank..

The only way to see quality movies is on the big screen.. I've always been a fan of Lonely Place and its directer Nick Ray..
One of Bogarts best as a Hollywood screenwriter with a vicious temper.. who may or may not have murdered a young girl. Graheme is also  very good as the neighbour who provides him with an alibi whilst also falling in love with him.  A  very dark noirish thriller..

As an aside.. I could see Clint being good  in this role at around a similar age to Bogart..
Looked great on the big screen too...

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #4124 on: December 07, 2017, 10:56:47 AM »

I remember watching In a Lonely Place in a film class in college. I liked the movie a lot, but have only more recently become a big Bogart fan.

Last week I watched That Thing You Do, written, directed, and costarring Tom Hanks. I loved the movie! I can't believe it only took me 21 years to get around to it. :D
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4125 on: December 07, 2017, 06:19:35 PM »

I remember catching In a Lonely Place at one of the revival cinemas here, Film Forum I think. I was amazed at how dark Bogie went in that one. Very powerful movie.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4126 on: December 08, 2017, 02:02:23 AM »

Yeah, agreed... Very dark. I think Bogart played a big part in getting this film made, so he obviously fancied trying something a little different. Very impressive.

I'm going to see Annette Bening in "Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool" tonight where she plays actress Gloria Graheme towards the end of her life...

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T