News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies I have watched this week  (Read 559392 times)
Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #4240 on: February 08, 2019, 08:06:40 AM »

Not a movie but a serie. I lost account how many times this has been aired here.

The Thorn Birds

When I saw on tv last week I couldn't resist and I am watching it again. When I watched many, many years ago I thought Meggie as a child very Sidney Penny look alike but I dont know where I took from it couldn't be her. But it is! Its amazing, the same cute face, just little smaller. Two years later she would be with Clint in Pale Rider. And her character was called Meggie too. And Clint played a preacher and Richard Chamberlain played a priest and she fell in love with both! Am I missing something?? Was she casted in Pale Rider on purpose?? Anyway I dont know what is so appealling in The Thorn Birds. it is a oversentimental melodrama but the serie just dont age and never fail to make me cry. I'm loving watch this again. Wonderful Richard Chamberlain.

I used to have the five stars
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #4241 on: March 09, 2019, 11:09:56 AM »

I watched three movies yesterday (I didn't have to go to work), and it struck me as being funny that I watched one of those movies on a rented DVD from a video store, one from Netflix, and the other was on VHS. I never had laserdisc but maybe I oughta hunt down a player for that. :D
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4242 on: March 09, 2019, 11:13:09 AM »

Average

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Eyuh.”
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4243 on: March 10, 2019, 09:59:19 AM »

I watched three movies yesterday (I didn't have to go to work), and it struck me as being funny that I watched one of those movies on a rented DVD from a video store, one from Netflix, and the other was on VHS. I never had laserdisc but maybe I oughta hunt down a player for that. :D

You still have a store that rents DVDs ... and  a VHS player that works! :D

I have a laserdisc player. (No guarantee it still works.) And a bunch of laserdiscs ... Clint, mostly.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4244 on: March 10, 2019, 04:45:18 PM »

Very good.  Interesting, entertaining and educational.

“Eyuh.”
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #4245 on: March 10, 2019, 04:58:44 PM »

You still have a store that rents DVDs ... and  a VHS player that works! :D

I have a laserdisc player. (No guarantee it still works.) And a bunch of laserdiscs ... Clint, mostly.
Yeah, still at least a couple left in the area! I hope they remain open for a long time to come. Often if people still rent DVDs, they just use Red Box and I'd rather still support a store where people work (however it had been a while since I'd rented movies). I hope the VCR lasts for a long time to come too! :D Maybe VHS will come back like records and record players have. You can now go to a Walmart and find a small section for records. So who knows, maybe cassettes and videos will come back!
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4246 on: March 14, 2019, 08:47:11 AM »

Home resting up after kidney stone extraction via surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.  Perfect time to relax with some westerns.

Except this one.  Great promo but the movie sucks.  A far, far cry from The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4247 on: March 14, 2019, 05:53:57 PM »

Followed up with some classic tv westerns.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4248 on: March 15, 2019, 10:28:56 AM »

The stop after my weekly allergy shot this morning was work, but an Anaphylaxis reaction threw a curve ball into my plans.  More R&R, more westerns.

And, of course, more classic tv western shows. 

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 01:42:59 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #4249 on: April 03, 2019, 08:34:24 AM »

So I watched 35 movies during the month of March. How did everyone else do? :D ;D

And only one of those was a trip to a theater. I usually go a few times each month.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 08:35:25 AM by Christopher » Logged
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4250 on: April 03, 2019, 05:20:37 PM »

First time viewing the documentaries and Dark Blue.  I enjoy returning to this King Kong movie. I saw The Revenant on the big screen the year it was released.   It’s just as intense at home as it was in the theater. 

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4251 on: April 06, 2019, 05:05:57 PM »

This caught my eye at the library so I decided to check it out.  A “comedy”, but not funny.  Some humorous moments, but that’s all.  I discovered the movie came out the year I was born.  One cool thing about it is that it takes place in Gloucester, Massachusetts.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4252 on: April 06, 2019, 05:08:58 PM »

Must be football withdrawal. 😎

“Eyuh.”
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4253 on: May 11, 2019, 03:42:02 AM »

The Killing

Directed by Stanley Kubrick

Great Heist thriller starring Sterling Hayden.. Was lucky enough to see this on the big screen last night..
I'd think possibly an influence on Tarentino's Dogs..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4254 on: July 21, 2019, 07:09:40 PM »

This was OK. Good female cast but to me it was like, who could put on the most makeup? I think Cate Blanchett won by a powder puff. Follows the same lines as the previous Ocean's films only this time, it's a girl gang being brought together for a heist.

3/5.

This was a beautiful film from France of a young boy taken from an orphanage to live a woman and her husband. The boy strikes up a friendship with the local game poacher.

4/5.

This was amusing but not hysterically funny from Adam Sandler. Good film for rainy day.

3/5.

I enjoyed this but it's way too long at 2 hours and 12 minutes. Story of the two men (Former Texan Rangers) who tracked down Bonnie and Clyde back in the 1930's. Fascinating real footage at the end of the film showing how many people adored these murderers and how it still continues now with so called celebrities and the media willing to pay to get a story.

4/5.

Another feel good rainy day film. Hugh Grant plays an Oscar winning screenwriter who hasn't written anything decent in 15 years and is offered a job teaching a class at University. Grant's scenes with Alison Janney are the highlight through this film. Unfortunately there's only three of them.

3/5.

Al Pacino stars as Danny Collins, a one hit wonder singer from the 1970's, who receives a letter from John Lennon, 30 odd years after it was sent. Loosely based on a real story. Pacino plays the rich, sex and drugs rock star well. And the soundtrack is full of John Lennon songs.

4/5.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4255 on: July 23, 2019, 10:43:43 PM »

I remember seeing The Rewrite on a plane a few years back and quite enjoying it...
I have wondered if AALS syndrome was responsible for my reaction to the film...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:49:13 PM by Gant » Logged

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4256 on: July 24, 2019, 07:36:59 AM »

^ ;D
PeterD

View Profile Email
« Reply #4257 on: July 24, 2019, 02:02:24 PM »

I would show the posters of the movies I have watched but no idea how to do it (and too lazy to learn!)

Watched the 6 episode season 1 of After Life. This is the Ricky Gervais show on Netflix, man depressed after the death of his wife, a funny and sad show.

The African Queen - one of those classics that I can watch again and again. Bogart and Hepburn shone as always.

The Outlaw Josey Wales - starring some guy, can't remember his name.

First Blood - Rambo is born and another classic film.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4258 on: July 30, 2019, 07:12:58 PM »

My movie tastes have certainly changed over the years. 30 years ago, I would've loved this film. Now I watch and just shake my head and think what is the point? Of course it made a bucket load of money because the kiddies love this shoot em up, blow em up type action films.

2/5.

Why would I watch this if I didn't like the first film, I can hear you asking. I'm not entirely sure why but this time I said to myself, switch the brain off for two hours and just laugh at how many times Keanu Reeves gets beaten, shot etc etc and still gets up and walks away. My favorite scene in this film is a knife fight on the New York subway. 2 guys going at it and four other passengers just sitting there. No one is screaming or trying to get to another carriage. Just sitting there like it's an every day occurrence on the subway. Comical.

3/5.

I had a movie night with my brother in laws and nephews and had a double header of 1980's Stallone. Interesting that in this film, Rambo doesn't kill anyone (maybe the cop that falls outta the chopper but he should've been wearing his seatbelt) but there's plenty of kills in Part 2.

3/5.

Rambo goes back to Vietnam and finds missing POW's. Mayhem ensues.

3/5.

This was great. A guy and girl live next door to each other as kids, go their separate ways after high school and reconnect 20 years later. There's a fantastic cameo in this film. I won't say who it is but he steals the film for about 20 minutes.

4/5.

I don't know why but I love films about baseball. This is great. The story of Jackie Robinson, the first negro to play in the major leagues and his struggles against racism. So many familiar faces in this film too. Fantastic.

4/5.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4259 on: September 05, 2019, 11:11:28 PM »

These two films were a sheer delight. Great wholesome family entertainment. Nicole Kidman is way over the top as the baddie but wait till you see Hugh Grant as the baddie in part 2. Especially the end credits sequence.

A rare occasion that the sequel is just as good if not better than the original.

5/5.

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T