News: Coming in 2021: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 116 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beatles Appreciation Thread  (Read 340577 times)
Lucky Punk

Email
« Reply #200 on: September 30, 2005, 01:55:53 AM »

1. You Like Me Too Much
2. I Need You  - sorry george :(
3. Yes It Is

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #201 on: September 30, 2005, 02:15:59 AM »

You like me Too Much
I Need You
Yes It Is

Simple as that.... ;D

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #202 on: September 30, 2005, 03:10:39 AM »

I need you
You like me too much

Yes it is

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #203 on: September 30, 2005, 04:29:35 AM »

1   I Need You
2   You Like Me Too Much      As much as I like the intro to this one it has to go.
3   Yes It Is
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #204 on: September 30, 2005, 04:39:19 AM »

I'll go with:

1 You like me Too Much
2 I Need You
3 Yes It Is
[email protected]

Hi Yo Silver, away!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #205 on: September 30, 2005, 06:14:28 AM »

This round is easy for me:

1) "You Like Me Too Much"
2) "I Need You"
3) "Yes It Is"

"And In The End, The Love You Take Is Equal To The Love You Make." ( The Beatles )
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #206 on: September 30, 2005, 11:00:36 AM »

1. Yes It Is
2. You Like Me Too Much
3. I Need You

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2005, 07:41:32 PM »

And that ends Round 15, and we lose two Harrison songs: "You Like Me Too Much" and "I Need You".

BEATLES SONG SURVIVOR - ROUND SIXTEEN

All the songs in this round are from the "Help" album.

As before, vote off two of the following songs, and list an alternate third choice that will only be used as a tie-breaker if needed. The three surviving songs from this round will be brought back later in the game to compete with the other rounds' survivors.

1.  "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" (Lennon/McCartney); Lead vocal: Lennon
2.  "Tell Me What You See" (Lennon/McCartney); Lead vocal: McCartney, with Lennon
3.  "You're Going To Lose That Girl" (Lennon/McCartney); Lead vocal: Lennon, with McCartney and Harrison
4.   "Help!" (Lennon/McCartney); Lead vocal: Lennon, with McCartney and Harrison
5.   "Dizzy Miss Lizzie" (Williams); Lead vocal: Lennon

(When I end a round and start the next, I'll need to take the songs from the previous round down so that the next round's songs will fit on the website. Therefore the links in each round will still show up, but they won't work once that round has ended.)

You can join in the game anytime. You don't need to have been voting from the beginning to play.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2005, 08:08:15 PM »

My votes:

1) Tell Me What You See
2) Dizzy Miss Lizzie

3) You're Going To Lose That Girl.  :(

(I'm feeling fairly confident that we won't need to use our third vote in this round. "You're Going To Lose That Girl" has always been one of my FAVORITE songs, but I can't vote off "Help!" yet, and "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" is one of those songs that you can point to and say "There's where Lennon really started growing as a writer and artist", and hints at what he'd do years later as a solo artist. So, I can't vote off that one yet either.)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2005, 08:34:12 PM »

1- Tell Me What You See
2- Dizzy Miss Lizzy
3- You're Going To Lose That Girl

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2005, 11:26:52 PM »

1 Dizzy Miss Lizzy
2 Tell Me What You See
3 You're Going To Lose That Girl

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #211 on: October 01, 2005, 01:08:06 AM »

1   Dizzy Miss Lizzy
2   Tell Me What You See

3   You're Gonna lose That Girl

Easy peasy.... ;D

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2005, 04:09:54 AM »

Anyone seen the Robert Zemeckis film from the late 70's called I Wanna Hold Your Hand.I love this film and wish they would release it down here on DVD.I have it on video but the DVD has an audio commentary from Zemeckis.If you haven't seen it,I highly recommend it for Beatles fans.It's about a group of teenagers trying to get tickets for The Beatles appearance on the Ed Sullivan show.

Another film I saw on cable last year was Two Of Us,starring Aidan Quinn as Paul McCartney about the time in 1976 when Paul and John met up in New York,it was all fiction of course but a really enjoyable little film.

Are there any other Beatle films other than those two and of course Backbeat that anyone knows about.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
[email protected]

Hi Yo Silver, away!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2005, 05:20:25 AM »

Anyone seen the Robert Zemeckis film from the late 70's called I Wanna Hold Your Hand.I love this film and wish they would release it down here on DVD.I have it on video but the DVD has an audio commentary from Zemeckis.If you haven't seen it,I highly recommend it for Beatles fans.It's about a group of teenagers trying to get tickets for The Beatles appearance on the Ed Sullivan show.

Another film I saw on cable last year was Two Of Us,starring Aidan Quinn as Paul McCartney about the time in 1976 when Paul and John met up in New York,it was all fiction of course but a really enjoyable little film.

Are there any other Beatle films other than those two and of course Backbeat that anyone knows about.

I 've seen both. I recorded last one, because it is excellent and not all is fiction. Paul visited several times John, and what happened?..similar things, like both watching some TV show where were talking about a desired reunion, both laughing like kids and...almost calling a taxi to show up in the program with their guitars.... Audience Heart attack I may assume!

Once Paul visited him with his guitar and John  said to him: "what are you doing here, you should call before show up. Now I am a dedicated father" John regreted later in an interview about that, because he thought was rude with Paul

..I just imagine if Paul rings my door with his guitar :o

You can read direct quotations by McCartney about his life, his relationship with John and the other Beatles here:

Paul McCartney: Many Years From Now

1- Tell Me What You See
2- Dizzy Miss Lizzy
3- You're Going To Lose That Girl
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 10:00:12 AM by Matt » Logged

"And In The End, The Love You Take Is Equal To The Love You Make." ( The Beatles )
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2005, 08:10:17 AM »

1   Dizzy Miss Lizzie
2   Tell Me What You See
3   You're Going To Lose That Girl
Lucky Punk

Email
« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2005, 09:54:43 AM »

1. Dizzy Miss Lizzy
2. Your'e Going To Lose That Girl
3. Tell Me What You See

Does anyone remember the travesty that was" Stars on 45 " Beatles mix from the early 80's.

Cut and Paste parts of Beatles original recordings to a disco beat :o

Unfortunately, being Beatle snippets, they are incredibly catchy as one song runs into another. Now some of those songs are accompanied by the next clip in my head e.g. when i hear No Reply I begin thinking of the link with I'll Be Back >:(
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #216 on: October 01, 2005, 09:59:07 AM »

I must have missed that one, Lucky Punk. Either that or I've subconsciously and permanently banished it from my memory.

Somewhere around 1978 a local Philadelphia radio station played a live Beatles concert that was supposed to be a Beatles reunion concert. They had added crowd tracks to later songs that the Beatles had never performed live. I was flipping out, thinking it was real (realize I was only about 13 years old). "The Beatles are back together!!!" I'm running through the house, blasting the radio, so excited! My brother regrets to inform me that it was a "fantasy reunion concert". I was so bummed (and feeling pretty stupid, too).  :(
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 01:40:21 PM by Matt » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #217 on: October 01, 2005, 10:04:35 AM »

You can read direct quotations by McCartney about his life, his relationship with John and the other Beatles here:

Paul McCartney: Many Years From Now

Thanks for that, [email protected] I haven't read a book about the Beatles since I was a kid. So many things that I'd read have been clouded with time. I need to read up and re-learn all this stuff I'd forgotten. I just ordered that book, along with the Hunter Davies "The Beatles" book and "A Hard Day's Write". Can anyone recommend any other "must reads"?

(P.S. [email protected], I edited the link in your post so that it wouldn't cause the page to skew.)
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #218 on: October 01, 2005, 10:23:03 AM »

1   Dizzy Miss Lizzie
2   Tell Me What You See
3   You're Going To Lose That Girl
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #219 on: October 01, 2005, 11:37:01 AM »

If you want to read a completely fictional account of the Beatles, try Paperback Writer: The Life and Times of the Beatles, the Spurious Chronicle of Their Rise to Stardom, Their Triumphs and Disasters, Plus the Amazing by Mark Shipper.

It's a pretty amusing (and sometimes annoying) parady of The Beatles' career.  It was published in 1978.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 116 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T