News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: little_bill's Golf Thread  (Read 196228 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: April 05, 2005, 04:10:13 AM »

Here's the thread for all golf players,viewers,admirers,anyone and everyone.Talk about your favorite players,courses,equipment,tips and if your brave enough your own game.
I'll start off:With this week being Masters week,my favorite tournament of the year,I really hope to see an Aussie win.We've never had a winner in The Masters,plenty of seconds but nobody has been able to get their hands on the green jacket.( don't remind me of 1996 please )So anyway I'm tipping Adam Scott to win,if not, than one of the other Aussie's competing.One thing I must ask is what is going on with the weather in the U.S. lately.A lot of tournaments have been affected already this year with rain delays and someday's no play has been possible at all.Hopefully it will be fine this weekend.
So I hope there are plenty of fans,not just players here to discuss this great sport. O0
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:05:48 PM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 05:01:29 AM »

Yes tgy  I am watching the Masters with interest this year.  I too hope to see an Aussie in that coveted Green Jacket.  Your right about the weather.  It takes ages to get the aerial on the TV at work in the right place to watch anything and I seem to just get it right lately and there is only rain.
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 09:38:11 AM »

bought a rossi putter last week the sienna 4 model, it's gorgeous.
i'd be looking at mickelson to retain or ernie, maybe tiger orvijay, the masters is very unpredictable, up  til last years i kept saying mickelson will never win a major.  :-X

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 11:34:19 PM »

About six months ago I started using Dunlop "Loco" golf balls and now refuse to play with anything else.These balls are sensational.The soft feel and low compression seem to make them go further than any other ball I've tried.I don't hit the ball very far like the pro's but with these balls I'm getting 10 to 20 meters extra down the fairway with my driver.I don't get a lot of back spin on the greens usually,but these seem to pull up quite quickly after a high lob onto the green.,and best of all here in Australia I can pick up a dozen for only $24.00. O0

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 11:59:38 PM »

I think Phil has a good chance this week.  I look for Erine to do well, maybe even win.  As much as I would like to see Tiger winning I don't think he's going to do much...

tgy, are you playing the LoCo HT or just the plain old LoCo?
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 12:07:17 AM »

tgy, are you playing the LoCo HT or just the plain old LoCo?

Must be the plain old Loco,what's the HT stand for?

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 12:23:59 AM »

The HT stands for High Trajectory and is manufactured for the mid to high handicappers.  It’s a sligthly lower compression than the regular and is optimal with slower or moderate swing speeds.  The spin is quite exceptional.  It floats higher in the air than the regular LoCo.

The plain old LoCo, which is what your playing, was specifically designed for John Daly at his request.  For low handicappers with high swing speeds it’s known to give extra distance off the tee and long iron shots as well as stopping dead on a dime on short shots into the green.

I love all of Dunlop’s golf stuff.  I had a pair of their shoes last me like three or four years
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 03:59:49 AM »

The only two types of LoCo balls I've seen over here are called "crazy Long" which is what I'm using and loving and "Super Crazy Long" which I tried thinking they would be better but I didn't think they were.
I never knew LoCo had other products until I saw John Daly win that tournament last year the first week he was using their clubs.
I love all of Dunlop’s golf stuff.  I had a pair of their shoes last me like three or four years
I'll have to check them out,the last pair I got for Xmas 2003 are just about to fall apart ( niblick's ).

Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 08:24:36 AM »

Any thoughts on the old King Cobra II irons for a sky high handicap?  I use those and Bertha Warbird woods.

I'm not deserving to have any Callaway stuff by the way, I stink.  I only have the clubs in case a client forces me out on the course.

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 09:55:45 AM »

conan you deserve any clubs you want, i hate when people say you shouldn't use that with your handicap, don't let them discourage you,
when i was buying my irons a guy in the shop told me they wouldn't suit me ands i couldn't use them cause i'm playing off 18, well it's 5 moths later and 'm off 14. goes to show what some "experts" know only ever listen to a pro and yourself, and with pro's get a second opinion if you want.

tgy, loco? never heard of them, i use pro v's in the summer/autumn and nxt's in the winter/spring. but the ball i origionally fell in love with the hp2 tour is now gone.  :'(
i'm such a titleist junkie when it conmes to golfballs, even though i don't have any of their clubs

what have you got in your bag?
at the moment
i ave a Cleavland 460 launcher 9.5 stiff shaft driver.
mizuno mp001 15 dg stigg 3 wood
ben hogan edge cft irons and mizuno 60 dg lob wedge
with a taylor made rossi sienna 4 putter.
and i can't see myself changing anything,
the lot are worth a fortune but i used to work in a golf shop  so i got a good discount and besides i saved up for the driver, 3 wood irons, and putter seperately . every club i had up to this was second hand or a cast off, so i figured i wasn't being to greedy getting my own stuff after 5 years

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 10:47:12 AM »

These salesmen will try to sell you what they want to get rid of.  I can't stand it.  They tell you what you want to hear whether it's true or not.  I had a friend of mine got taken to the cleaners by guy selling a set of irons.

Here's what's in my bag:

MacGregor V-Foil Eye O Matic 9 degree Driver
Titleist DTR 15 degree 3 Wood
Walter Hagen "Crenshaw Grind" Irons 2-PW
BeCu Copper 56 degree Sand Wedge
Alien 64 degree Lob Wedge
Carbite ZG Putter
Titleist Pro V1 (Although, I found a Callaway HX the other day and played it and it feels softer than the Pro V1 and seemed to come off the club face a little hotter as well.)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 08:18:44 PM by DAmbrosia » Logged
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 06:58:38 PM »

conan you deserve any clubs you want, i hate when people say you shouldn't use that with your handicap, don't let them discourage you,

Its cool, no one is discouraging me.  The clubs I want, are the most forgiving and I'm just checking if the Cobras are good for a rookie hacker.  I bought them because of the cavity back design.

Might as well add what else is in my bag...Cobras, Bertha Woods, Ping TSI Driver, Ping Chipper, Alien Putter
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 01:00:35 AM by Conan » Logged

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 11:12:36 PM »

In my bag:

A full set of Peter Senior Pro Simmon tour connection II,Driver,3 wood,3 iron through to sand wedge( mid size 271/G )whatever that means I do not know.An old Spalding Futura 2 iron and an even older Par-Master G-850 putter,which is probably older than I am but feels so good in the hands at the moment I'm sticking with it. O0

Also it's great to see that Jack Nicklaus is playing the masters this week.I'd love to see him make the cut for the weekend.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 11:17:08 PM by tgy » Logged

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 07:51:58 AM »

These salesmen will try to sell you what they want to get rid of.  I can't stand it.  They tell you what you want to hear whether it's true or not.  I had a friend of mine got taken to the cleaners by guy selling a set of irons.
i hate that too man, it's only damaging their business cause you won't go back to them.
a lot of nice clubs there folks, must check out the hx balls.
nice one conan, let us know how you get on. new clubs make such a difference to your mental game, they can really boost you.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 11:30:35 PM »

First round of the Masters and guess what it rained.Nearly 6 hours lost.Aussie Mark Hensby is the clubhouse leader at 3 under although Chris Di Marco at 4 under is yet to finish his round.Tiger and Ernie seemed to be struggling at 2 and 3 over respectively,but have yet to complete their first round as well.Still early but all the Aussies seem to be travelling along nicely.

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 11:51:21 PM »

Hensby looked real smooth today.  I couldn't believe Tiger putted off the green and into Ray's creek.  I never seen anything like that...  It was great to see Jack back.  I yelled profainitys at the Tube when he missed his par putts.  I would love to see him make the cut today but he's going to have to rifle off some birdes to do so.  I hope that's it for the rain.  They are slated to go off at 9:30am and finish up the first round and start the second.  Phil was looking pretty strong when the horn blew...  Those greens are going to be like putting on marble come Sunday. :o
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2005, 12:21:44 AM »

Can someone please explain what the problem was with the position of Tiger's feet when he was on the green.   It seems there was no way they could tell if he was in the right or wrong.   I don't know that rule. ???
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2005, 12:05:40 PM »

both feet have to be one side of ball only, not behind or either side, someone rang up and said he was behind but replays suggest only slightly so no infringment

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2005, 12:18:20 PM »

Thanks little_bill.     I am just learnign about the golfing rules.  I love to watch but thought if I understood the rules I would enjoy it so much more.   I enjoyed watching The Masters last night while at work and look forward to seeing it tonight.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2005, 09:33:19 PM »

More rain at the Masters today.Some players didn't even start their second round.It will probably be fine tomorrow as I'm playing with my social club and won't be able to watch it in the morning.I will have to put up with the 30 second highlights in the news.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T