News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: little_bill's Golf Thread  (Read 214931 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2007, 10:21:10 PM »

Yes, I'll say hello. Hopefully he won't accuse me of  "talking back" to him. ;)

Just so we don't get too far off topic, Randy plays golf too!

What's most annoying about golf?

It's the inability to repeat. You play one hole great, then go to the next tee box, and it's gone. What did I do wrong? Why?

Hmmm, sounds like he's talking about successive innings in games I watched him pitch ...  ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:24:13 PM by KC » Logged
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »

well everything looked great on the tv Clint Van Wallach, you certainly did yourselves proud,
my only gripe with the world golf championships is that for the forseeable future they are contracted to take place solely in the U.S. so much for "World" Golf Championships, fist the pga sabotaged Normans world tour then they screw up their pathetic apeasment offer (4 tournaments a year). >:(

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #302 on: April 02, 2007, 04:19:24 AM »

Adam Scott after saving par at the last and winning the Housten Open by three strokes from another Aussie Stuart Appleby.

This week marks the second birthday of The Golf Thread and that only means one thing.

It's MASTERS week.

The tournament that I look forward to each year is on again,and this year it falls on the Easter long weekend so I've cleared my schedule between 6am and 10 am each day so I can sit down and watch some great action.

Adam Scott and Stuart Appleby warmed up well for the Masters with a one two finish in the Huston Open today.Unfortunately I think no one has ever won the week before the Masters then go on to win the Green Jacket the following week.I may be wrong on that count and hopefully I am as I'd love to see Adam finally win a Major and be the first Aussie to win at Augusta.

I believe we have seven Aussie's playing this week and it would be great to see anyone of them finally win it.

masters.org

For everything you need to know.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #303 on: April 03, 2007, 05:32:23 AM »

good win for scotty, great news about the amateur pablo martin winning the european pga tour  event

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #304 on: April 05, 2007, 05:49:20 PM »

Justin Rose and Brett Wetterich share the lead at 3 under after the first round of the 2007 US Masters.They were the only two players to break 70 in the first round with plenty of high profile players shooting mid to high rounds in the 70's.

Tiger Woods is 4 shots back at 1 over and Adam Scott is the best placed Aussie at 2 over.

Nice to see some fine weather today after rain delays caused havoc in the last couple years.

Masters Leaderboard

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2007, 06:29:08 AM »

it's all still to play for, tiger is looking ominous hanging around that +1 mark, the amazing thing about him is while people some people get to -1 and -2 playing birdie , bogie, birdie bogie, par, birdie, golf, tiger had a massive amount of pars yesterday imagine what it would  be like if he birdied some of them, my picks aren't out of it yet DiMarco and Furyk, but they've a lot to do to pull anything off.
weather over here is mimicing the masters 17 degrees today 21 degrees yesterday, glory days.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2007, 05:04:04 PM »

Only three players are under par at the halfway mark of the Masters.

Brett Wetterich and Tim Clark lead on 2 under with Vaughn Taylor a shot behind at 1 under.

Geoff Ogilvy and Stuart Appleby are the leading Aussies at 1 over.

Tiger at 3 over and defending champion Phil Mickelson at 5 over are still in the hunt.

Looks like it's going to be real close over the weekend and the winning score may only be 1 or 2 under if that.

Round 2 Leaderboard

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2007, 08:49:18 PM »

I was a little surprised to see Arnold Palmer hit the ceremonial first tee shot just due to the fact that he is such a fierce competitor and he knows that Gary Player will surpass him next year in most consecutive Masters at 51 straight years. 

Nice to see Freddy Couples make the cut.  He hasn’t missed a cut at the Masters since his first try in ’83.  I was surprised to see  Erine Els miss the cut.  From Titleist to Callaway.  See what happens when you change sponsors.

Justin Rose and Geoff Ogilvy have that eye of the Tiger look in their eyes but you can never, NEVER, rule Tiger out.  Looks like it will be quite an interesting weekend for sure!     
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2007, 05:11:48 PM »

They call Saturday moving day in golf and this year at the Masters everyone moved backwards.

Aussie Stuart Appleby leads Tiger by one stroke at 2 over par.Appleby was 1 under standing on the 17th tee,then proceeded to a triple bogey which left him at 2 over.He had a chance for birdie at 18 but was gun shy with the putt after three putting 17 and it came up short.

Tiger finished bogey, bogey as he did on Thursday,so he'll be thinking he let a great chance slip by as well.

When the coverage finished here at 9:00 am*, Vaughn Taylor was the leader at 1 over after a birdie at 15, but three straight bogies to finish with, has him back at 4 over.

What about Geoff Ogilvy!! :-[

He eagled the 14th to get to 3 over and it looked like he was going to make a charge,then a quadruple bogey 9 on 15,and three straight bogies at 16,17,18 blew him out to 10 over.

So Augusta National certainly tamed the players today as the wind kept scores high,and who ever wins tomorrow,their winning score may be over par.

Round 3 Leaderboard

* I cannot believe the coverage finished here at 9:00am right in the middle of an interview with Stuart Appleby.I thought this year it was going to be much better since channel Ten had taken over from Nine,but to cut the coverage to air a childrens program which by the way was a rerun was pathetic.I have concerns about tomorrow as I'm sure the last putt won't fall to after that time as well. >:( >:(

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2007, 08:04:40 PM »

Couldn’t believe Ogilvy put it in the water twice on 15 for a quad!  After hitting his first in he turned right around and hit the same exact shot right into the drink again.  Now that sounds like something I’d do. 

Hey Kid, if you need a streaming video feed of the tournament the at&t blue room is broadcasting it on the Web.  You can pick up live coverage of Amen corner at 1:30 EST and the CBS regular coverage at 1:30 EST.  You can find the links at Masters.org.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #310 on: April 08, 2007, 04:25:03 PM »

Zach Johnson is the 2007 US Masters champion after a final round 3 under par left him at 1 over for the championship and two strokes ahead of Tiger,Rory Sabbatini and Retief Goosen.

At varying stages of the final round there were five different leaders with Stuart Appleby surrendering his overnight lead after a double bogey on the first.Appleby's chances sank on the 12th when he hit his tee shot into the water.Tiger's second shot on the 15th also found the water and halted his progress.

It was only Johnson's third masters appearance and only his second career win on the tour.

So another Masters goes by for another year and still no Aussie winner after 71 years.Of the 7 players who played this week,5 made the cut and even though Stuart Appleby faded on the last day,it was his best finish at the Masters ever.

Leaderboard

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 05:55:36 PM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2007, 08:45:59 AM »

theres something special about the masters, when its over it leaves a little hole inside the golf lover, like when you take your christmas decorations down and the house feels empty  ;)

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #312 on: April 29, 2007, 05:54:47 PM »

My dream of getting down to a single figure handicap doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

I started on 15 and after a steady start with 3 good rounds out of the first 4 this year,I was hopeful after getting it to 14,but the last 3 rounds I have gone backwards and yesterday's debacle will probably see me back at 15.

The only thing saving me from a complete breakdown is my putting.Last year I was ranked third in my social club with an average of 32.09 putts per round.This year,even though we've only played 7 rounds I'm first at 30.04 putts per round.

That may come down a little after yesterday though.The round was disastrous,with me being 10 over after 6 holes.I was able to play the last 12 holes in 9 over which saved me from complete embarrassment,but it was around the green that any pro would have enjoyed watching.

13 putts on the front nine and only 9 putts on the back.Admittingly I only had one putt that was over 4 feet on the back,thanks to my pitching wedge getting me close enough and on one hole actually chipping in.

Purchasing that Line alignment tool was the best $8.00 I've spent.I used to dread standing over those three to four footers,but as soon as I line up where I want to hit the ball now,I have no worries.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2007, 09:56:37 PM »

AUSTRALIAN golf lost its godfather today when fiery trailblazer Norman Von Nida passed away peacefully aged 93 at his Gold Coast nursing home.

foxsports

A sad day for Aussie golf yesterday.

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #314 on: May 31, 2007, 09:16:03 PM »

Well today was quite a treat watching the worlds best golfers play a round at the Memorial Tournament that Jack Nicklaus built in my hometown of Dublin Ohio at Muirfield Village.  It's the closest you can come to Augusta without leaving Ohio!  It was very exciting to watch them hit the ball so effortlessly with pinpoint accuracy.  Kind of a bummer Phil had to withdrawal due to a wrist injury.  We found a nice spot on 15 green and watched most of the field come in and as soon as Tiger came through we followed him to the clubhouse.  Tiger looked at me twice in the gallery but unfortunately after his media interviews when the round was over I stuck out my Sharpie and program for an autograph but he didn't even look my way.  I plan to go back Saturday and Sunday.  It should be a fun weekend.  Last year I had my digital camera confiscated right after I took a shot of Phil walking up 15’s fairway.  It was such a pain getting it back so I've learned my lesson and won't try it again this year!

http://www.thememorialtournament.com/site.htm
(Nice layout of the golfcourse with hole by hole details)

The shot of Phil seconds before my camera was confiscated by a marshall... ::)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 09:36:22 PM by D'Ambrosia » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2007, 11:39:13 PM »

Must have been a great first day,D'Amb.

Two Aussie's tied for the lead and another just a shot behind. 8)

Last year I had my digital camera confiscated

I was only thinking a few weeks back, that with the digital cameras nowdays they're much more quieter than the old cameras that there wouldn't be any problems taking pics.Especially if the players are only making their way between shots.

Hope you enjoy the weekend action D'Amb. O0

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #316 on: June 02, 2007, 08:36:24 AM »

Here is a Columbus Dispatch article that I'm sure you will enjoy kid!!!

http://Aussie Invasion
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 08:37:28 AM by D'Ambrosia » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #317 on: June 02, 2007, 06:34:30 PM »

Thanks for posting that article D'Amb. 8)

Hopefully you'll get to see one of us win tomorrow.

Four Aussie's in the top ten and another tied for twelfth. O0

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #318 on: June 14, 2007, 11:44:51 PM »

First round of the U.S Open and only two players were able to finish under par.

Nick Dougherty at 2 under and Angel Cabrera at 1 under lead the way.

Aussie defending champion Geoff Ogilvy at 1 over along with Tiger are well placed.

Leaderboard

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #319 on: June 15, 2007, 12:08:04 AM »

Why is it that "under par" is good in golf, while "subpar" is not good in most other human endeavors? ???
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T