News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: little_bill's Golf Thread  (Read 187623 times)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #340 on: July 23, 2007, 01:49:53 AM »

The above result should make little_bill's day.    :)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #341 on: July 30, 2007, 12:51:51 PM »

I played the front nine today with 7 bogeys and 2 pars! I've never done that before.... NEVER! I finished the back nine with 3 bogeys and 3 pars. I botched three holes. Either way this turned out to be my best game of golf I've ever played. My new set of clubs arrived today as well! So I'll be using them for the first time next week.  8)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #342 on: July 30, 2007, 02:33:19 PM »

Great news Brendan. My game seems to be going backwards,maybe I've been playing too much over my holidays but yesterday's round on the front nine I hit 50. :o
I can't remember the last time I'd done that.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #343 on: July 30, 2007, 06:40:31 PM »

Ahh, it's amazing what an hour on the range can do.

I think I've figured out what went wrong yesterday and will put it into practice tomorrow as it's the last day of my holidays and I just have to squeeze in one more round before I go back to prison. Err I mean work. :P

Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #344 on: July 30, 2007, 07:47:33 PM »

I tell yah S.K, I was Roy McAvoy for a while on hole 9. I shot 9 balls into the water. I only counted the first one but I was determined to make it over. Had I made it over I wouldn't have played it. I just wanted to make it over. It didn't happen though.  :) Even with the drop I bogeyed it. I could have pared it but NO the ball had to do one of those darn round-a-bouts in the hole. Another hole on the back I could have birdied but the ball had to stop RIGHT BESIDE the hole. Right on the edge.

What kind of courses do you play, S.K.? I just play the small par 3 executive courses. Do you have those over there? I play two different courses here. The one has a short front nine with two par 4's and the back is a little more challenging with two par 4's and some longer par 3's. Another course I play at has three par 4's on the front and four par 4's on the back and a par 5. That's a nice course. I still have trouble on the back. Par for the first course is 58 and par for the second is 63.

I should try and get some photos of both courses.
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #345 on: July 30, 2007, 08:23:21 PM »

Reminds me of the time I snapped the shaft in my driver.I had gotten to the top of my back swing and was about to start on the down swing when I heard this crack and at first I thought it was a tree branch snapping and when the club hit me on the back of my neck, it scared the hell out of me as I was expecting half a tree to fall on top of me.

Of course my Father and Brother were rolling around on the ground for ten minutes when they saw it all happen.

Haha  8)  My most embarrassing golf moment was at a crowded first hole...I accidentally let go of the club near the top of my swing.  It went sailing end over end further than the ball...All of the guys waiting behind our group and alot of random people hanging out near the clubhouse lost it.  This course was at a big time college, and there were quite a few good looking girls around - which naturally tripled the shame.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #346 on: July 30, 2007, 08:54:19 PM »

What kind of courses do you play, S.K.? I just play the small par 3 executive courses. Do you have those over there? I play two different courses here. The one has a short front nine with two par 4's and the back is a little more challenging with two par 4's and some longer par 3's. Another course I play at has three par 4's on the front and four par 4's on the back and a par 5. That's a nice course. I still have trouble on the back. Par for the first course is 58 and par for the second is 63.

I should try and get some photos of both courses.

Most courses over here are regular par 70-72 courses.Although there are a few around that are less than that but not in very good condition. While on holidays I have played a short par 54 course a couple of times which isn't that far from home. 18 par three's ranging from 90-180 metres. The only reason I played there was to practice my irons and it certainly helped.

I try and play the regular courses as much as possible because it gives me good practice on all my clubs for when I go out on the weekend with my social club.

Here are a couple of  links to the courses around Sydney that I play.

Cabramatta

Camden

Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #347 on: July 30, 2007, 09:40:39 PM »

That Cabramatta looks great, S.K.

I would play at some of the more challenging places here in my area but they're all to expensive. And the two I play at are in good shape (especially Eagle Valley) considering their prices. The other one (the par 58) is under going renovations right now. They're adding two more par 4's to the back which should be fun. Hole 2 is frustrating since they shortened it. I always over shoot it now.

The region I live in has a boat load of courses. High end ones (including a John Daly signature course) to affordable everyman ones. There's one I've played at twice before that's just a par 3 course. 9 holes, all par 3's. No real challenges as all the holes are straight. But it's nice to play if you want to work on iron shots. But the greens are FAST. They should make the holes par 6's.

I'll probably hit up the driving range sometime this week with my new set.  8)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #348 on: August 08, 2007, 10:45:45 PM »

The final Major Championship of the year gets underway tonight. The U.S. P.G.A championship from Southern Hills, Tulsa.

The first three majors of the years have seen first time Major winners, with Zach Johnson claiming The Masters, Angel Cabrera the U.S Open and Padraig Harrington the British Open last month.

Tiger has had to settle for two second placings and a tie for twelfth, so this week is his final chance to add to his Major tally.

Some interesting groups for the first two days with the three Major winners this year together and past winners of the event in the same groups.

Tee Times Rounds 1 & 2

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #349 on: August 10, 2007, 03:57:28 AM »

Little known Englishman Graeme Storm is the first round leader of the USPGA.

A brilliant round of 5 under has him two ahead of past champion John Daly.

John Senden and Geoff Ogilvy are the best placed Aussie's at 1 under.

Tiger is at 1 over.

Leaderboard

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #350 on: August 10, 2007, 07:28:44 PM »

Tiger is back!!

Although after last week's performance we all knew that.

A brilliant second round of 7 under 63 has Tiger in front at the halfway mark of the USPGA.

Tiger has a two shot lead over Scott Verplank, While Aussie Geoff Ogilvy and Canadian Stephen Ames are a shot further back.

Plenty of big names failed to make the cut inculding Vijay Singh,Jim Furyk,Aaron Baddeley and Davis Love III.

I do hope that if Tiger comes out and shoots a similar round tomorrow someone else will step up and give him a run for his money. I'd hate to see the final round where Tiger has a ten shot lead and would have to not show up to take out the title.

Leaderboard

1936ireckonso

Willow weep for me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #351 on: August 11, 2007, 08:30:55 AM »

:) Hello from The USA:

We're TIGER fans here and just hope those last few finishing holes don't get him in trouble.....boy, that last put Friday was brutal.....Well, maybe today he'll shoot 59  O0 O0

Respectfully,

DOUG OF DUBLIN, OHIO-USA
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #352 on: August 11, 2007, 04:40:57 PM »

It does look like a forgone conclusion at the USPGA with Tiger a three shot leader after three rounds. Tiger at 7 under leads Stephen Ames, followed by Woody Austin at 3 under.

There's three Aussie's in the top ten with last year's Australian Open champion John Senden the best at 2 under and Adam Scott and Nathan Green both at even par.

Tiger has never lost a Major going into the final round as leader and the way it looks, that trend will continue tomorrow and it will be his 13th Major victory. Only five behind Jack Nicklaus's record of 18.

Interesting to note that Jack won his final Major when he was aged 46. Tiger is only 31, so in 15 years time it does look like Tiger will be close to around 30 Majors if not more. Frightening.  :o

Leaderboard

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #353 on: August 11, 2007, 07:21:05 PM »

Sergio Garcia has been disqualified from the USPGA for signing an incorrect scorecard. Boo Weekly had made a mistake and had written down a 4 on the 17th when Garcia in fact had a 5. Garcia did not check it in the scorers tent and has subsequently been disqualified.

WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

They got a sign on him in front of Greely's?

View Profile Email
« Reply #354 on: August 11, 2007, 10:06:55 PM »

Sergio Garcia has been disqualified from the USPGA for signing an incorrect scorecard. Boo Weekly had made a mistake and had written down a 4 on the 17th when Garcia in fact had a 5. Garcia did not check it in the scorers tent and has subsequently been disqualified.

Yeah, I saw this today. Do you think it was an honest mistake Schofield?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #355 on: August 11, 2007, 10:30:32 PM »

Yeah, but Garcia should still have checked the card before signing it.

It's the one thing you are taught when you begin playing at a competetive level.

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #356 on: August 12, 2007, 08:37:27 AM »

Looks to be another blazing hot scorcher in Tulsa at Southern Hills for the final round of the PGA.  Tiger is the man to beat and I’m sure that he won’t relinquish the lead.  Love him or hate him it was interesting to see John Daly at the top of the leader board.  Going for everything on Thursday was refreshing to see.  Phil is still a major disappointment to watch and I think an injury to the wrist needs full 100% recovery time.  Watching these guys walk around the course in 100 degree heat it looks as if someone has just doused them all with a bucket of water they are sweating so much.

By the end of the day I’m sure it will be Tiger holding the cup…
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #357 on: August 12, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »

5 more to go until he ties my home town boy and idol!   8)

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 08:33:30 PM by D'Ambrosia » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #358 on: August 12, 2007, 09:57:43 PM »

Only saw a couple of holes this morning before I went out for a round myself but at the time I left, Tiger was five clear and it looked like it was going to be an easy victory but it seems Woody Austin and Ernie Els did stage a little fightback on the back nine but it wasn't enough to reel in Tiger.

John Senden was the best placed Aussie at the finish, seven behind Tiger at 1 under.

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #359 on: August 31, 2007, 08:52:07 PM »

The Wal-Mart First Tee Open is in it’s forth year at Pebble Beach with Clint, being a percentage owner of Pebble, heading up the festivities as Chairman for the forth year in a row.  This years co-chairs are Arnold Palmer and George Bush.  Peter Jacobsen, Jim Thorpe, Craig Stadler and a handfull of other famous gofers  are attending as well.
Junior golfers are paired with senior partners for a cut of the pie.  A pretty cool deal and I’m happy to see Clint give something back to the kids… 
Go Low!
(Just watched Clint fire one from the bunker on the Golf Channel!   O0  )
http://www.thefirsttee.org/club/scripts/view/view_pubnews.asp?NS=PUBLIC&PID=6127

and:

http://www.thefirstteeopen.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clint just duffed his tee shot on the 185 yard par three 12th hole in the green side bunker with a utility club.  The announcer replied "that didn't make his day" and right on que Clint quipped "that didn't bother me.... that didn't bother me at all..."      :)  
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 09:12:52 PM by D'Ambrosia » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 51 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T