News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: little_bill's Golf Thread  (Read 187617 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2005, 11:32:53 PM »

I'd like to see Monty win one of the major's,he is one of the best players never to win one.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2005, 06:00:29 AM »

i think monty's best chance will be at royal liverpool next year, his skill on the links is superb, and tiger will be punished this ear if he hits the same watyward shots he hit in andrew, there's far more out o bounds at royal liverpool, at any other course tiger would have lost approx 5 shots with the amount of times he went way off course but was lucky to land on a hole next to the one he was playing rather than be out of bounds

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2005, 03:45:17 AM »

Nice to see David Duval finally find some form and shoot two rounds in the 60's in Japan.I'm not a really a fan of his,but the poor guy has had a tough few years missing cut after cut so hopefully the good form will continue on the weekend.

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2005, 06:48:27 AM »

good to see him back near the top of the game he'll never be the same after all  he went through illness wise and his personal life.

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2005, 03:16:06 AM »

First round leading scores from The 2005 Australian Open:

63: R Allenby
64: S Levin (US)
65: S Laycock
66: A Scott; G Ogilvy
67: N O'Hern
68: B Rumford; C Campbell; J Nittie
69: L Parsons; R Schmidt; P Senior; J Senden; P Sheehan; C Jones
70: R Beste; A Baddeley; S Bowditch; N Green; A Tschudin; A Hall (a); A Martin (a); M Ballard; T McFadyean; M Pearce; S Appleby; R Pampling; A Dodt (a)
71: M Leishman; E Barr (Ire); M Hensby; C Carmichael; G Flint; C Villegas (Col); K Barnse; B Watson (US); M Doyle
72: A Bland; G Simpson; G Chalmers; A Painter; S Alker; C Downes; B Lamb; D Lutterus (a); D Brandson; P O'Malley; D Chopra (Swe).

foxsports

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2005, 05:49:42 AM »

63!, thats good shooting.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2005, 02:21:23 PM »

63!, thats good shooting.

It certainly helps when you play when there is no wind on that course as the second round scores show.Allenby 9 shots differance,Scott 7,and what about poor Spencer Levin had the course record in the first round before Allenby came in and shoots 77 in the second round.

135: Robert Allenby (Vic) 63 72
139: Adam Scott (Qld) 66 73
140: Rod Pampling (Qld) 70 70, Aaron Baddeley (Vic) 70 70, John Senden (NSW) 69 71, Nathan Green (NSW) 70 70, Paul Sheehan (NSW) 69 71
141: David McKenzie (Vic) 74 67, Spencer Levin (USA) 64 77, Peter Senior (Qld) 69 72, Scott Laycock (Vic) 65 76, Chris Campbell (ACT) 68 73
142: Martin Doyle (Vic) 71 71, Nick O'Hern (WA) 67 75
143: Camilo Villegas (Col) 71 72, Stuart Appleby (Vic) 70 73, Geoff Ogilvy (Vic) 66 77, Gary Simpson (SA) 72 71, Steven Bowditch (Qld) 70 73, Ashley Hall (Vic a) 70 73
144: Daniel Chopra (Swe) 72 72, Lucas Parsons (NSW) 69 75, Adam Crawford (Qld) 74 70, Ricky Schmidt (NSW) 69 75, Greg Chalmers (WA) 72 72, Andrew Martin (Vic a) 70 74, Matthew Ballard (Qld) 70 74

foxsports

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2005, 04:12:27 AM »

Robert Allenby leads by 5 shots with 1 round remaining but is no certainty of playing the final round:

The US-based golfer had been plagued by swelling of the joints of his right hand since February, a condition he further aggravated when he damaged a tendon in his hand after falling on broken glass three weeks ago.

207: Robert Allenby (Vic) 63 72 72
212: Paul Sheehan (NSW) 69 71 72
213: Nick O'Hern (WA) 67 75 71, Aaron Baddeley (Vic) 70 70 73, Rod Pampling (Qld) 70 70 73
214: Martin Doyle (Vic) 71 71 72
215: Stuart Appleby (Vic) 70 73 72, John Senden (NSW) 69 71 75
216: Mathew Goggin (Tas) 76 71 69, Bubba Watson (USA) 71 74 71, Greg Chalmers (WA) 72 72 72, Camilo Villegas (Col) 71 72 73, Nathan Green (NSW) 70 70 76, Adam Scott (Qld) 66 73 77
217: Adam Crawford (Qld) 74 70 73, Steven Bowditch (Qld) 70 73 74, Scott Laycock (Vic) 65 76 76, Peter Senior (Qld) 69 72 76

Talking of the wind:
Scott provided an indication of its strength, driving his tee shot 341m with the wind at his back at the 13th and 224m when into it at the next

foxsports

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2005, 04:02:02 PM »

jesus that some crazy wind.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2005, 04:31:38 AM »

Robert Allenby has won his second Australian Open Title with a one shot win today.Allenby shot a 77 in the final round but it was enough to take the title.The wind blew again and the hand injury certainly not helping, Allenby started with four bogeys on the opening six holes but held it together enough on the back nine to win the championship and the cheque for $225,000.

284: Robert Allenby (VIC) 63 72 72 77
285: John Senden (Qld) 69 71 75 70, Nick O'Hern (WA) 67 75 71 72, Paul Sheehan (NSW) 69 71 72 73
286: Mathew Goggin (Tas) 76 71 69 70, Aaron Baddeley (Vic) 70 70 73 73
287: Martin Doyle (Vic) 71 71 72 73
288: Stuart Appleby (Vic) 70 73 72 73, Rod Pampling (Qld) 70 70 73 75

foxsports

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2005, 02:39:35 PM »

snuck out today really bad conditions but at least it wasn't raining, course was a bit marshy, had a brutal front nine scratched 4 holes only scored 11 points, played well on the back scored 24. i hate the way you need so much time to find your game again when you've been away for ages,

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2005, 05:55:55 PM »

had a brutal front nine scratched 4 holes only scored 11 points, played well on the back scored 24.

Don't you hate that.It's mind boggling how you can play so differently in one round.I do it so often myself.

1936ireckonso

Willow weep for me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2005, 08:40:30 AM »

:)Good morning fellow golfers from The American Midwest-USA:

Interesting problem which seems to never change...

For me it's remembering what club to use for difficult shots close around the green and it always is sand shots when I have not had a chance to practice.

It's that feel, that hand to eye coordination that just leaves....

Anyway, how about that skins game yesterday and Fred Funk beating everybody..

Have a nice one, gang....

Respectfully,

DOUG OF DUBLIN, OHIO-USA
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2005, 09:57:15 AM »

loved the skins game, was rooting for freddie though, but nice to funk win it, as one of the often overlooked golfers, he's playing some of the best golf of his areer. people like him and jay haas and of course boom boom, are destroying the myth of older golfers can't compete.

reckon so; you just need to practice your wedge shots a little more when on the range, you'll get a feel for your strengths, maybe take a lesson with a pro for just this problem,
the friend i was playing with yesterday has spent hundreds in lessons on driving he' an animal but he can only get the bal a max of 20 yards past me, at which point he's dead in the water as he can't hit  a wedge to save his life; and around the greens can save you loads of shots if its right,

but it's all personal feel and preference, e.g.
if i'm in texas wedge territrory but it's wet or uphill i close over a PW and do a short bump and run. chip the ball with a really short swing, the loft of your pw will encourage run, although it's one of  those shots a lot of people prefer using a putter on.
likewise in summer i'll use three quarter powered pw's and land on the front of the green and run up to the poin if it's at the back, or i'll hit a mickelson punched wedge, ball drills to a stop after a short hop.
but in winter you're better off landing as close as you can and not using mickelsons shot(you'll destroy the green with big spin/plugmarks.

i'd say go to a pro and let him see what you do, take his advice for now, then practice the others shots in the range, come summer you'll have them down, maybe another trip to the pro to iron out any kinks.

trust me i've spent 3 years now working my backside off on the game and i'm only good, but i've found the trips to the range and the pro have really helped. as long as you go to the range to practice shots not just bash the balls.  ;)

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2005, 03:02:34 AM »

First round of the Australian P.G.A. Championship disrupted due to the weather.

HEAVY rain and thunderstorms have forced organisers of the Australian PGA Championship to abandon today's opening round at Coolum on the Queensland sunshine coast.
Only 11 players completed their rounds with Luke Hickmott (16 holes) and Richard Swift (11 holes) the surprise leaders at four under par.

71: Richard Ball (NSW), Bradley Iles (NZl)
72: Gavin Flint (Qld)
73: Jens Nilsson (Swe)
74: Nigel Spence (SA)
75: Rowan Beste (Qld)
76: Eddie Barr (Ire) Ben Burge (NSW)
78: Peter Wuoti (Qld)
79: Adam Blyth (Qld)
82: Davey Simpson (Qld)

foxsports

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2005, 04:43:17 AM »

More rain again today,looks like it will be a busy weekend for some players.Play starts at 5:30 tomorrow morning.

Only two managed to complete their second rounds as more than 200mm of rain fell on the course since the start of the tournament.
The rain threw everything into chaos. Players, officials and volunteers were up at 3.30am to prepare for a 5.30 start, but overnight rain meant no play was possible before 7am.
The vagaries of the draw meant that some players, like Luke Hickmott (three under), played only one hole today, while others played as many as 36.
Tempers frayed as grips became slippery and balls hit out of watery lies slewed off the club face at unpredictable angles.
Craig Parry looked to have made a decisive move when he went out in five-under-par 31 and got it to six under by the 12th.
But three bogeys on the run home took the wind out of his sails, and a double bogey in sheeting rain and near darkness just before play was called off did little for his demeanour.
Play will start at 5.30am again tomorrow and the forecast is for improved conditions, giving some hope of completing the second and third rounds in the one day.

foxsports

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2005, 04:09:57 AM »

Finally some fine weather for the P.G.A.
Although some players still have to complete their third round in the morning.

1. GREEN, Nathan              -13 13 
2. O'HERN, Nick                  -11 16 
 ALLENBY, Robert               -11 14 
4. PAMPLING, Rod              -10 16 
 ORMSBY, Wade                 -10 13 
 BOWDITCH, Steven          -10 13 
7. GOGGIN, Mathew             -8 F 
 HALLER, Ryan                     -8 17* 
9. McKENZIE, David             -7 F 
 CAMPBELL, Michael            -7 14

http://www.pgatour.com.au/

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2005, 03:27:44 AM »

ROBERT Allenby fired a closing 67 to win the centenary Australian PGA Championship by one stroke at Coolum today.
Allenby, who also won the Australian Open at Moonah Links last Sunday, birdied the final hole to edge Tasmanian Mathew Goggin, whose brilliant nine-under-par 63 was not quite enough.

foxsports

Looks like the hand injury troubles may be behind  Allenby if the last two weeks are anything to go by.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2005, 04:13:32 AM »

West Australian lefty Nick O'Hern leads after the first round of the Australian Masters Golf Tournament.Three shots behind is Robert Allenby who is trying to be the first player ever to win the triple crown of Aussie golf in the same year.He's won the Australian Open and P.G.A in the last two weeks and is well placed after today's first round of the Masters.

64: Nick O'Hern (WA)
67: John Senden (Qld) Robert Allenby (Vic) Adam Bland (SA) Steven Conran (NSW)
68: Peter O'Malley (NSW) Bradley Iles (Nzl)
69: Paul Sheehan (NSW) Dean Alaban (WA) Nathan Green (NSW) Martin Doyle (Vic)
70: Bubba Watson (USA) David McKenzie (Vic) Kim Felton (WA) Wade Ormsby (SA) Paul Casey (Eng) Oliver Fisher (Eng a) Ricky Schmidt (NSW) Brett Rumford (WA) Alistair Presnell (Vic) Jarrod Lyle (Vic) Marcus Cain (Qld) Richard Backwell (Qld)

foxsports

1936ireckonso

Willow weep for me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2005, 10:21:45 AM »

Good lunchtime from The American Midwest-USA:

Hi gang, I was so happy to see in the newspaper that TIGER WOODS won Player of The Year award again this year...

I also saw where he earned over 80 million dollars for 2005.   

Now that's a chunk of change for one year on the greatest golf courses in the world...I think he won 5 million for golf and the rest from endorsements..

Hope you all have a nice lunch in your respective time zones.....a big winter snow storm is on its way here for us in The American Midwest-USA.

DOUG OF DUBLIN, OHIO-USA
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T