News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: little_bill's Golf Thread  (Read 187630 times)
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2005, 10:33:27 AM »

just over $11m in prize money .
and two majors, i could have gotten 35/1 on him winning two majors at the start of the year and i never bothered,
i'm such a fool

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2005, 02:48:48 AM »

Nick O'Hern has extended his lead to 5 shots after two rounds of the Australian Masters.

130: Nick O'Hern (WA) 64 66
135: Robert Allenby (Vic) 67 68, Bubba Watson (USA) 70 65
136: Martin Doyle (Vic) 69 67
137: Bradley Iles (Nzl) 68 69, John Senden (Qld) 67 70
138: Jarrod Moseley (WA) 72 66
139: Jason Day (Qld a) 72 67, Dean Alaban (WA) 69 70
140: Richard Swift (NSW) 72 68, Paul Casey (Eng) 70 70, Martin Pettigrew (Nzl) 71 69, Peter Lonard (NSW) 72 68, Peter O'Malley (NSW) 68 72
141: Nick Flanagan (NSW) 71 70, Nathan Green (NSW) 69 72, Brett Rumford (WA) 70 71, Stuart Appleby (Vic) 72 69, Alistair Presnell (Vic) 70 71, Steven Conran (NSW) 67 74, Adrian Percey (SA) 71 70, Craig Parry (NSW) 73 68, Paul Sheehan (NSW) 69 72, Brendan Jones (NSW) 72 69, Kim Felton (WA) 70 71

foxsports

Has anyone heard of this player Bubba Watson,currently in joint second place?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
1936ireckonso

Willow weep for me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2005, 09:25:14 AM »

Good after the snow storm morning from The American Midwest-USA:

Fair question, but this is a typical situation on the PGA tour.....a player will come up out of obscurity(sp) post fantastic scores and then go back down to number 135 or something on the list....sometimes you never hear from them again....it is frustrating for me because I am a TIGER WOODS FAN and it seems that these are the kind of guys that beat TIGER and it doesn't seem right to me....

I mean the next week they don't even make the cut most of the time....I hate it when somebody beats TIGER...but that's just me...

Now that's only my look at things golf..but that was a fair question covered by a loyal TIGER WOODS FAN....

Respectfully,
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 05:54:02 AM by 1936ireckonso » Logged

DOUG OF DUBLIN, OHIO-USA
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2005, 03:24:55 AM »

Nick O'Hern is still in front with one round remaining in the Australian Masters.He leads by three from Robert Allenby.
Will O'Hern hang on and win his first tournament since '99 or will Allenby became the first player to win the triple crown of Aussie golf or will someone else come from the pack to claim the title?

200: Nick O'Hern (WA) 64 66 70
203: Robert Allenby (Vic) 67 68 68
204: Bubba Watson (USA) 70 65 69
205: John Senden (Qld) 67 70 68
207: Stuart Appleby (Vic) 72 69 66
208: Paul Casey (Eng) 70 70 68
209: Paul Sheehan (NSW) 69 72 68, Martin Doyle (Vic) 69 67 73
210: Brad Lamb (Vic) 71 73 66, Peter Lonard (NSW) 72 68 70
211: Paul Gow (NSW) 76 68 67, Gareth Paddison (Nzl) 71 72 68, Steven Bowditch (Qld) 74 69 68, Jarrod Lyle (Vic) 70 72 69, Kim Felton (WA) 70 71 70, Jarrod Moseley (WA) 72 66 73, Bradley Iles (Nzl) 68 69 74

foxsports

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2005, 12:43:57 AM »

Robert Allenby has completed the triple crown of Aussie golf with a playoff win over American Bubba Watson.Allenby par the first playoff hole then watched as Watson three putted to hand the Gold jacket to Allenby.Allenby's record in playoffs now is 10-0.
Apparently Bubba Watson will make his debut on the American P.G.A tour next year,and he's definately one to watch.On one of the Huntingdale's par fives,he took a driver off the tee,then only needed a four iron to reach the green in two.

271: Robert Allenby (Vic) 67 68 68 68, Bubba Watson (USA) 70 65 69 67
273: Nick O'Hern (WA) 64 66 70 73.
275: John Senden (Qld) 67 70 68 70.
278: Paul Casey (Eng) 70 70 68 70.
279: Bradley Iles (Nzl) 68 69 74 68, Peter Lonard (NSW) 72 68 70 69.
280: Stuart Appleby (Vic) 72 69 66 73.

foxsports

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2006, 03:00:18 AM »

A new year and nothing changes in Hawaii.
Aussie Stuart Appleby wins the opening tornament of the U.S.P.G.A tour for the third year in a row.Hopefully it won't be his only win for the year like the last couple of years.

Here are the dates of this year's majors:

2006 MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIPS  
 The Masters - (Augusta National Golf Club) April 6-9
The U.S. Open - (Winged Foot Golf Club Club) June 15-18
The British Open - (Royal Liverpool Golf Club) July 20-23
The PGA Championship - (Medinah Country Club) August 17-20

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2006, 06:25:02 AM »

class, i was coming on to ressurect the golf thread and ask tgy what he thought of the weekend, and i find he's already found it, good job man, can't wait for augusta, only 3 months away,
delighted for appleby, he should run off a few victories this year. the field was slightly limited though.
i was reading an article in golf digest about hensby criticising norman and they had some reaction form old pros, faldo's quote was "WHO?", class,  I thought it put hensby back in his box nicely

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2006, 03:27:44 AM »

i was reading an article in golf digest about hensby criticising norman and they had some reaction form old pros, faldo's quote was "WHO?", class,  I thought it put hensby back in his box nicely

That was all in the paper's here back in December when they were playing the Aussie Open.Hensby was saying that Greg doesn't do enough for the young Aussie's playing in this country.The next day the paper had a photo from back in the '80's of Greg and a young Mark Hensby at a junior golf clinic.
Sure Greg probably doesn't do much now,but all the kids coming through now probably know more of  Appleby, Allenby and Scott.

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2006, 08:12:26 AM »

i don't know how you're faring at the grass roots level, but i've never known so many aussies at the top level as i have now, the three you named appleby allenby and scott are capable of winning any sunday, and i've a lot of faith that bads is gonna come into the top league very soon. maybe the australian tour will suffer but realistically with the european tour strecthing out all over the globe i'd expect some link up sooner rather than later, plus even the european tour is losing great players to the american tour becuase of it's standards, with better prize money and a tougher field the US tour makes you play better in order to survive, i'd love to see a world wide pga though. tournament s in europe during the spring and summer america in summer /fall africa and asia(and oz) in the fall/winter (october-feb), it would be class.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2006, 02:38:03 AM »

had a brutal front nine scratched 4 holes only scored 11 points, played well on the back scored 24.

Don't you hate that.It's mind boggling how you can play so differently in one round.I do it so often myself.

Did it again today. >:(
Shot 3 over for 20 points on the front then my game changed dramatically on the back to shoot 10 over for 15 points which was more than I was expecting as I was marking my card.
It was my first game of the year since it's been raining the last couple of Monday's and hope to play a lot better come this Sunday when our social club starts for the year.

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2006, 03:52:16 AM »

thats annoyng all right to see it slip away and you feel powerless, you might want to read darren clarke and karl morris book, or any of the bob rotella books they can help toughen you mentally so you can leave a bad hole behind you and get back to winning ways within the round

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2006, 01:01:10 AM »

What a final round at the Buick Invitational.I was going to go to the movies today but circumstances prevented me from going and I had to stay home,but I got to watch some great and not so great golf.Aussie Nathan Green playing in only his third PGA event looked good after holing a 77 yard wedge shot for eagle to take a two shot lead but he struggled on the remaining holes and needed a birdie to make a playoff on the last hole,which I thought he blew after hitting his first putt 6 feet past the hole.He made the putt and joined Tiger and Jose Maria Olazabal in the playoff.Tiger and Jose both missed the fairway with their tee shots and Nathan is in a perfect position on the fairway to reach the green in two.Unfortunately Nathan got greedy I think and instead of playing for the heart of the green he went for the flag and pulled it into the grandstand.After taking a drop,he fluffed his next two chip shots and finished with bogey then watched Tiger and Jose make par.With Tiger eventually winning the event at the next playoff hole.So another Aussie is making his mark on the PGA and hopefully a win isn't too far off for Nathan Green.

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2006, 08:25:05 AM »

no disrespect to tiger but i was hoping one of the other two would win the playoff, i've always been an ole fan and i want to see him on the ryder cup team, and i would have liked to see green win something as the guy with the least wins, but you can't argue with the way tiger played.

the qatar masters was on also good tournament, stenson was a worthy winner in the end

link

GB&Ire unless stated
-15 H Stenson (Swe)
-12 P Broadhurst
-11 D Fichardt (SA)
-9 N Fasth (Swe), R Finch, N Dougherty, R Gonzalez
Selected others:
-6 P McGinley
-5 E Els (SA)
-3 D Clarke
-2 D Howell
-2 V Singh (Fij)

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2006, 08:33:27 AM »

off to a good start on day one of the FBR and the dubai desert classic.
for full resulsts go to www.pga.com
FBR open day one results:
steve lowery and alex cjeka lead on -6
lot of good goflers on -5 and -4 includin van pelt, tripplett calcavechia, the ogilvey twins (not even related) jeffGeoff and joe and levet,
sluman pampling and toms on -3
phil on -2 with DiMarco ,verplank, cink, leonard and davis love,

vijay and langer on level
campbell and riley are on +1
Duval +%
Big John Daly +3 (come on john)

More info on dubai available here @ www.europeantour.com
Dubai day two results
the goose leads on -13 with anders 2 storkes ahead of tiger dougherty and green, with els a further one back on -10.
selected others:
casey, clarke,dredge,jiminez all on -8
last weeks winner stenson on -6
bjorn howell poulter and westwood -5

woosnam, monty and van der velde(yes him) missed the cut

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2006, 07:46:26 AM »

hey tgy where are you man there's some class golf on this week, hope you can see it wherever you are.
Dubai desert classic, winner Tiger Woods,
i was dissapointed by the play off els drove into the trees and tried a bloody stupid second out of the trees over water, (he got wet in the end) had to drop and chip onto the green, he had a clear shot from his drive to the front of the lake which was only 89 yards from the green, with tiger off the back of the green in two. ernie really angered me the way he trew it away, this was suppsoed to be a classic playoff and he ruined it by making a stupid choice. anyway woodie was the deserving winner in the end (with a par on a par 5 playoff hole :o)
results
Tiger Woods -19 after playoff
ELS, Ernie  RSA -19
GREEN, Richard AUS -18
HANSEN, Anders    DEN -17
JIMÉNEZ, Miguel Angel    ESP -17
GOOSEN, Retief    RSA -16    
CLARKE, Darren    NIR -15    
STENSON, Henrik Swe -15

FBR concludes tonight, 3rd Round scores as follows
US unless stated
-16 JB Holmes
-15 JJ Henry, R Palmer
-13 J Leonard, D Toms
-12 D Wilson, C Villegas (Col)
Selected others:
-8 P Mickelson
-7 J B Davis (GB)
-5 Rose (GB), V Singh (Fij)

looks like happy gilmore could win his first tournament
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 07:51:33 AM by little_bill » Logged

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2006, 01:18:18 PM »

I haven't been able to see much golf this weekend,and I'm going to miss the final round of the FBR as I'm heading out for a round myself.No Aussie's in contention so I don't feel too bad about missing it.
Good to see Dickie Green finish well in Dubai,only one stroke behind.I think he won that tournament a few years ago.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2006, 11:21:44 PM »

Is this the way of the future for golf courses?

AUSTRALIAN golf has moved cautiously into a new era with the first synthetic putting green installed at a championship-length course.

foxsports

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2006, 11:26:45 PM »

Hey tgy,  that sound interesting.   Will you get a chance to try it out?
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2006, 03:56:14 AM »

Hey tgy,  that sound interesting.   Will you get a chance to try it out?

Not at that course Lin,a bit too far to travel,but if the yearly rainfall doesn't increase over the next few years down here,more courses may start using them.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2006, 12:30:05 AM »

According to one of the Sunday paper's here,there is a rumor going round that Jack Nicklaus may play in the Masters in April.Being this is the 20th Anniversary of his last major win.
As much as I liked to see it happen, in a way I hope it doesn't.Anyone heard anything about this?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 51 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T