News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: little_bill's Golf Thread  (Read 187625 times)
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2006, 06:06:23 AM »

i don't know tgy, the masters is great an dall but he did bow out at the open at st andrews, i can't imahgine a better ending to his career than at the home of golf,
i see big mouth sabbatini won last night, i was really hoping that couples would hold it together, but a good showing for adam scott, what a round he had. fair play to him, scott has to be a serious contender for a major title this year.

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2006, 04:28:26 AM »

First round scores from the Accenture Matchplay Championship.

Tiger looks like he means business this weekend,while Ernie Els is out after losing to Bernhard Langer.

WGC

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2006, 11:07:53 PM »

Geoff Ogilvy is the only Aussie left after two rounds of the Accenture Matchplay championship.Allenby only just lost to Tiger. :'(

WGC

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2006, 02:05:45 PM »

Geoff Ogilvy is the only Aussie left after two rounds of the Accenture Matchplay championship.Allenby only just lost to Tiger. :'(

WGC
i have to say the aussie golfers have been giving a good account of themselves lately, and i won't be surprised to see most of them do well this year, except hensby i don't like him.

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2006, 12:27:24 AM »

Big day at the Accenture matchplay championship with the big names being eliminated.Tiger,Phil and Vijay all knocked out, leaving the quarter finalists as:

Chad Campbell VS Tom Lehman
Padraig Harrington VS Davis Love III
Retief Goosen VS Zach Johnson
Geoff Ogilvy VS David Howell

Geoff Ogilvy produced a Lazarus type comeback against Mike Weir this morning.Down by 4 with 4 to play,Geoff won the last 4 holes and it took another 3 playoff holes to finally grab victory.

WGC

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2006, 04:08:12 AM »

Geoff Ogilvy will play Davis Love III in the 36 hole final of the Accenture World Matchplay Championships.

WGC

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2006, 12:38:59 AM »

Geoff Ogilvy has won the Accenture Matchplay championship with a 3 and 2 victory over Davis Love III.

WGC

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2006, 07:59:17 AM »

good stuff, i was rooting for davis love or daithi o'gra as we call him at home, but i'm delighted an aussie won something big, you've been hoping for that for quite some time.

1936ireckonso

Willow weep for me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2006, 12:52:35 PM »

Good nice sunny afternoon from a part of The American Midwest-USA:

Well, TIGER won down in Florida, again.....it wasn't pretty, but he got the W and that's what counts...

I'm a TIGER fan....GO TIGER!!

Respectfully,

DOUG OF DUBLIN, OHIO-USA
1936ireckonso

Willow weep for me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2006, 07:45:59 AM »

Good morning from a part of The American Midwest-USA:

Hi, gang...just here this morning to help TIGER on to another victory.

Also, to try to re-establish  the notification feature which I think I lost a while back...I'm not sure...I know I clicked it but I don't think the request took....

Anyway, GO TIGER, GO !!!!

DOUG OF DUBLIN, OHIO-USA
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2006, 05:52:57 PM »

lucas glover is looking strong i hop ehe holds on, butch was getting quite emotional commentating on him

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2006, 06:16:21 PM »

I didn't get to see any of the golf on the weekend and wouldn't you know it,an Aussie wins.I saw what happened to Greg Owen on the news to let Rod Pampling take the title,man I wouldn't have believed that putt had I not seen it myself.Only the second time that the Bay Hill Champion was not American.

Found this interview with CBS golf commentator Jim Nantz at golf digest

Loved this bit about Clint:

So what is your most embarrassing on-air moment?
It might've been on Sunday of the 2003 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, shortly after Davis Love had won the event. Clint Eastwood was in the 18th tower with me, live on the air, and I told him that Davis' father had been a huge Clint Eastwood fan. "I'll bet you didn't know," I said, "that when Davis was a young boy, one of the first adult films his father ever took him to see was one of yours."

Without hesitating, Clint turned to me on camera and said, "I have never made an adult film in my life."

My first thought was, What did I just say? It's a moment I'll never forget, and one that Clint probably hasn't forgotten, either.

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2006, 09:40:55 AM »

ah man thats bound to be embarassing, insulting the host, even though he semed to take it well, jokingly.
i'm telling you tgy the aussies are starting a rapid course of global domination

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2006, 03:10:27 PM »

i'm telling you tgy the aussies are starting a rapid course of global domination

Hopefully they produce the goods in the Majors this year,especially the Masters in a couple of weeks.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #174 on: April 03, 2006, 04:38:56 AM »

Happy First Anniversary to the GOLF thread.

Yes folks it's been a year since we started,so that means it's MASTERS week again.Surely this year one of the nine Aussie's competiting will win the green jacket.Last year I tipped Adam Scott,he didn't win.So this year I'm not going to curse anyone with a prediction.Hopefully the weather is better than it was last year and we have a sensational tournament.

Women's golf doesn't get much of a mention here,but did anyone see Aussie Karrie Webb's shot on the 18th hole today for eagle.Absolutely sensational shot.
I've only ever done that twice in my life,and the second time I couldn't see the bottom of the flagstick so I didn't see it go in.

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #175 on: April 03, 2006, 12:51:57 PM »

smshing shot by webb, sky were replaying it all day, and why not!
i think the masters this year is gonna play for a big hiter who can play long irons, tiger, mickelson, my outside chance is ole.
the extreemly long hitters won't really figure the course is much narrower and accuracy is a premium, plus those guys taht drive on average 320+ tend not to be great long iron hitters.
man a whole year of waffle, fair play, and mucho cheers to tgy who has kept the thread going

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2006, 12:28:35 AM »

Forgot to put a tape on for the golf before I left for work this morning  >:(  so I missed the first round action of the Masters.
Vijay leads at -5,but there's a long way to go.The Aussies aren't doing to bad,with new boy Geoff Ogilvy the best placed at -2.

Vijay Singh 35-32--67 5-under
Rocco Mediate 36-32--68 4-under
Arron Oberholser 35-34--69 3-under
Tim Clark 35-35--70 2-under
Retief Goosen 36-34--70
Phil Mickelson 35-35--70
Geoff Ogilvy 36-34--70
Stuart Appleby 34-37--71 1-under

foxsports

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2006, 12:13:21 PM »

yep the aussies are doing well alright, part of their slow and sure assimilation of the golfing world,
allenby became my personal hero last week with his comments on hensby(who was bashing the augusta national to the press last week, and having another go at greg norman)
Allenby: "he's just a w*k*r and a d**khead"

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2006, 01:55:11 AM »

Looks like it's going to be a great weekend of golf at the Masters.Chad Campbell leads by three at -6,but there's plenty of golfing talent within six shots.Best of the Aussie's is lefty Nick O'Hearn at -1.

Chad Campbell -6
Rocco Mediate -3
Fred Couples -3
Vijay Singh -3
Ernie Els -2
Phil Mickelson -2
Darren Clarke -2
David Howell -2
Tim Clark -2
Nick O'Hern -1

foxsports

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2006, 07:34:49 AM »

I'd like to see Couples, Els, Mickelson and Woods coming down the stretch tomorrow all in the hunt. 

When watching this tournament it just makes you want to get up go out and start playing... :P

What our your guys thoughts, if any, on he Ryder Cup this year.  little bill, have you seen the course at Kildare?

That's very interesting about the Australian Golf Feud.
Here's a link a story: Aussie golf feud flares on Masters eve
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 07:59:00 AM by D'Ambrosia » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 51 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T