News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: little_bill's Golf Thread  (Read 187624 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #180 on: April 09, 2006, 01:47:49 AM »

As with last year the final day of the Masters will be a long one.Third round action was delayed by 4 hours due to the weather,so players will have to come out early to complete them,before playing their last 18 holes.
The five top players in the world are all in the top ten,so it's going to be a fantastic shootout.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2006, 07:40:54 PM »

Phil Mickelson has won his second Masters with a 4 shot victory with a closing round of 69.A bogey at the last was his only blemish for the day.

281 - Phil Mickelson 70-72-70-69
283 - Tim Clark (RSA) 70-72-72-69
284 - Tiger Woods 72-71-71-70, Chad Campbell 71-67-75-71, Jose Maria Olazabal (Spa) 76-71-71-66, Retief Goosen (RSA) 70-73-72-69, Fred Couples 71-70-72-71
285 - Angel Cabrera (Arg) 73-74-70-68, Vijay Singh (Fij) 67-74-73-71
286 - Stewart Cink 72-73-71-70

foxsports

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #182 on: April 09, 2006, 07:47:43 PM »

When watching this tournament it just makes you want to get up go out and start playing... :P

It certainly motivated me yesterday,went out and shot 38 points to win the day.I didn't think it would be enough as usually low 40's wins it.My first win of the year and hopefully more to come.

What our your guys thoughts, if any, on he Ryder Cup this year. 

I love watching the Ryder cup.With no Aussie's involved I can just sit back and enjoy the great golf and not worry about the result.Although I do lean towards the European's in matches.

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #183 on: April 10, 2006, 02:57:18 PM »

fair play tgy, europe for the ryder cup.
i'll be torn going to it this year, off course i want europe to win especially if Mcginley and Clarke are in the team, but i really like players like mickelson and couples who'll both hopefully be in the U.S. team, i hope i don't get hit by the other european fans for inadvertantly cheering on the U.S. (freddie had been one of my favourite players of all time, i was nealt delirious yesterday when i thought he was going to catch mickelson at the turn on the final round)

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
1936ireckonso

Willow weep for me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2006, 09:00:57 AM »

Good morning from a part of The American Midwest-USA:

I have not received any of these replies so I had no idea what was going on....

Phil showed us a beautiful respectful way to win and I'm respectful of his great golf.

What looked crazy to me was how could Tiger go in the water twice with all of his skills???

DOUG OF DUBLIN, OHIO-USA
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2006, 01:06:57 AM »

The slow world domination of Aussie Golfer's continued this morning with Aaron Badderly winning his very first PGA tour event.
Since daylight saving finished here a couple of weeks back, the golf finishes earlier in the morning here so I only got to see the last hole.I thought we were heading for a playoff when Jim Furyk hit that pitching wedge to about 7 feet,but he was unable to sink the putt.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2006, 10:16:44 PM »

Another PGA tour event, another win for the Aussie's.
Stuart Appleby won the Huston Open this morning and on the Nationwide Tour,Paul Gow had a victory.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2006, 05:20:37 AM »

Sad news today with the passing of Tiger Woods father Earl after a long battle with cancer.

foxsports

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »

It's been a little quiet on this thread for a while as the Aussie's have taken a break from winning anything of late,although Adam Scott has had some good rounds,it's just putting that is letting him down.

Next week is the U.S. Open and I've had a vision and I'll exclusively tip "now" that Stuart Appleby will win.

Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #189 on: June 08, 2006, 08:35:16 PM »

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #190 on: June 08, 2006, 10:19:48 PM »

I've seen them ricochet of trees and rocks and people to finish in the hole,but that is like they said one for the record books.I wouldn't have believed it,had I not seen it. :o :o :o

Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2006, 11:23:40 PM »

Does anyone here on the board play golf? I have never played but I would like to. My son is almost 3 and a half and I figure when he is old enough, we can learn to play together. I like the game very much and it is kind of funny how I got my interest in it. I started to play golf video games on the playstation and it really appealed to me. If anyone has any tips on how to get started on how to play or a good book to read about it , I would be very grateful.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #192 on: June 09, 2006, 01:51:50 AM »

G'Day Richard,If you go to your local course or driving range you should be able to get some lessons from the pro there.A lot of the driving ranges here have classes on a Saturday morning,which would be perfect for you and your son to start at the same time.
The two best books I've ever read and the only two I go back to from time to time are Jack Nicklaus's Golf My Way and Tiger Wood's How I Play Golf.
Hope this helps. :)

Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #193 on: June 09, 2006, 07:20:29 AM »

Thankyou TGY. There is a driving range about 5 miles up the highway. Checking into lessons would be a very smart thing. I wonder if they would have clubs to rent.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #194 on: June 12, 2006, 01:19:23 PM »

G'Day Richard,If you go to your local course or driving range you should be able to get some lessons from the pro there.A lot of the driving ranges here have classes on a Saturday morning,which would be perfect for you and your son to start at the same time.
The two best books I've ever read and the only two I go back to from time to time are Jack Nicklaus's Golf My Way and Tiger Wood's How I Play Golf.
Hope this helps. :)

i'd back that advice up wholesale, a pro can mold the swing to work to you, because not everyone swings the same way.
also i'd recommend some other books aswell as those tgy mentioned (not instead) Darren Clarke and Dr Kalr Morris: Golf, The Mind Factor. and any Harvey Penick books

tha zoeller shot is amazing but i still think tigers chip in on the 16th at last years masters is the best shot i'll ever see.
i have a swf file of it here

i just got through to the foursomes Q/F in the club matchplay yesterday, we took quite a big scalp, we beat a 16 and a 5 handicap team, they had to give us a shot on eacj of the 3 toughest holes . we were stil written off before we got out to play, the group waiting in the next round had already arranged a time and date to play our opponents when they reached the next round  :o, we had to go down to the 19th despite leading 3 up through 3. ah  man my partner wanted to go to the guys who told us we had no chance and gloat but i had no energy left  :-[, it's amazing to think what a pschological effect it can have on you, after all i only hit half as many shots ;D

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2006, 07:40:31 PM »

Congrats little_bill, it's always great to win when no one gives you a hope.I remember a few years ago,I was down by six with six to play and somehow managed to square the match.Of course I got smashed in the replay the following week,but I always remind my mate whenever he's about to play a matchplay match about that day.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #196 on: June 16, 2006, 04:42:17 AM »

It was a tough day at the office for the pro's in the first round of the U.S. Open with only Colin Montgomery the only player to break par in the windy conditions at Winged Foot.Plenty of Aussie's within a few shots,so the fingers are crossed.
Defending champ Michael Campbell shot 5 over and Tiger 6 over on day 1.

Colin Montgomerie -1
Miguel Angel Jimenez E
Phil Mickelson E
David Howell E
Jim Furyk E
Steve Stricker E
Geoff Ogilvy 1
Fred Funk 1
Vijay Singh 1
Mike Weir 1

foxsports

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #197 on: June 16, 2006, 11:01:44 PM »

Day two of the U.S Open proved just as tough with plenty of the big names failing to make the cut including Tiger,Michael Campbell and my hot tip Stuart Appleby. :-[

American Steve Stricker is the only player under par at the half way mark of the championship.

Geoff Ogilvy is the best placed Aussie just two behind.

Steve Stricker -1
Colin Montgomerie E
Geoff Ogilvy 1
Kenneth Ferrie 1
Jim Furyk 2
Padraig Harrington 2
Graeme McDowell 3
Phil Mickelson 3
Arron Oberholser 3
Jason Dufner 3

foxsports

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2006, 05:44:31 AM »

Aussie Geoff Ogilvy is only one behind the leaders with one round to play.Phil Mickelson and Kenneth Ferrie are joint leaders.

Third-round scores (US unless stated):
212: Phil Mickelson 70 73 69, Kenneth Ferrie (Ebg) 71 70 71
213: Geoff Ogilvy (Aus) 71 70 72
215: Vijay Singh (Fij) 71 74 70, Ian Poulter (Eng) 74 71 70, Steve Stricker 70 69 76, Colin Montgomerie (Sco) 69 71 75
216: Mike Weir (Can) 71 74 71, Jim Furyk 70 72 74, Padraig Harrington (Irl) 73 69 74

foxsports

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2006, 07:02:46 PM »

What a final round,or more to the fact what a final hole.So much drama as it first looked like Colin Montgomery would win then Geoff Ogilvy came along,but it still looked like Phil Mickelson would claim his third straight major.Only needing to par the last,Mickelson shot a double bogey to give Ogilvy the championship.The first Aussie to win a major in 11 years.

Leading final scores (US unless stated)
285: Geoff Ogilvy (Aus) 71-70-72-72
286: Jim Furyk 70-72-74-70, Colin Montgomerie (Sco) 69-71-75-71, Phil Mickelson 70-73-69-74
287: Padraig Harrington (Irl) 73-69-74-71
288: Nick O'Hern (Aus) 75-70-74-69, Jeff Sluman 74-73-72-69, Mike Weir (Can) 71-74-71-72, Steve Stricker 70-69-76-73, Vijay Singh (Fij) 71-74-70-73, Kenneth Ferrie (Eng) 71-70-71-76

foxsports

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T