News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: little_bill's Golf Thread  (Read 187626 times)
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2006, 02:30:55 PM »

That's awesome tgy!  Eagles are always a nice treat.  It's a great felling when the ball goes in the hole.  I've only had five, all on par 5's and once I aced a 114 yard par 3 with a pitching wedge.  Now that was quite a feeling!
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2006, 05:40:19 AM »

I think everyone at work is just about sick of hearing me go on about my eagle but I haven't been able to wipe the smile of my face since Monday.
Thanks to the Clint Eastwood WebMap I can show everyone here how it was done.

As you can see from where I was off the tee,my second shot was a fluke to get through all those trees without one ricochet to land in the middle of the fairway.But taking the nine iron instead of the wedge to make sure I cleared the water at the front of the green was pure genius. ::)

once I aced a 114 yard par 3 with a pitching wedge. Now that was quite a feeling!

Cool D'Amb, I've never been fortunate enough to score an ace,although have come close on a couple of occasions and the ol' heart rate was going so I'd probably pass out if I saw one go in. :D

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #222 on: August 04, 2006, 01:58:45 PM »

nice touch with the map tgy, i also nevr got a hole in one,  :'(, i came close once but not to be, at last weeks medal i actually put the ball to 7 feet on the par 3 220 yard 7th and then 3 putted   ::) they put the hole on an awful slope once i missed the first putt going downhill i just kept rolling to the front of the green, guaranteed to bring you right down  ;)

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #223 on: August 16, 2006, 04:07:53 AM »

The final major of the year tee's off on Thursday.The U.S.P.G.A Championship and there are plenty of Aussies in the field again.

I've decided against putting the kiss of death on any of them this time around so I won't tip a winner.

Aussie Geoff Ogilvy will play with Tiger and Phil Mickelson in the opening two rounds.

I'll have to set the vcr for the final round on Monday morning as I'm going out for much needed practice myself.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #224 on: August 17, 2006, 11:09:21 PM »

Lucas Glover and Chris Riley lead at 6 under after the first round of the USPGA.Robert Allenby is the leading Aussie at 4 under.
Tiger,Phil Mickelson and Geoff Ogilvy all shot 3 under and are well placed.

Leaderboard

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2006, 08:57:29 PM »

A four way tie at the top of the leaderboard at the half way mark of the USPGA.

Henrik Stenson,Billy Andrade,Luke Donald and Tim Herron all lead at 8 under.Tiger and Geoff Olgilvy are just one behind,along with Davis Love III.Plenty of big names are within a few shots so the weekend should be a beauty.

Leaderboard

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2006, 04:44:48 PM »

Saturday's are moving day in a golf tournament and Tiger moved to an equal share of the lead after three rounds.A brilliant 65 to share the lead with Luke Donald.
Geoff Ogilvy had a good 4 under round considering he started with a double bogey on the first.He trails the leaders by 3.

Leaderboard

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2006, 12:56:44 AM »

Major number twelve for Tiger,as he cruised to a five shot win.Best of the Aussie's was Adam Scott in equal third position,six strokes behind.

He's just too damn good!!

Leaderboard

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #228 on: August 21, 2006, 04:33:01 AM »

he's a flippin machine ;D
great to watch him put in such a crushing display.

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #229 on: September 03, 2006, 03:46:33 PM »

well we forgot to mention tigers win at firestone too and the wgc, anyway teams are finalised for ryder cup.

America
TIGER WOODS
PHIL MICKELSON
JIM FURYK
CHAD CAMPBELL
DAVID TOMS
CHRIS DiMARCO
VAUGHN TAYLOR
JJ HENRY
ZACH JOHNSON
BRETT WETTERICH
STEWART CINK
SCOTT VERPLANK

Europe
David Howell, Paul Casey, Luke Donald, Sergio Garcia, Colin Montgomerie, Henrik Stenson, Robert Karlsson, Padraig Harrington, Paul McGinley, Jose Maria Olazabal, Darren Clarke, Lee Westwood. 

1936ireckonso

Willow weep for me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #230 on: September 15, 2006, 08:29:55 AM »

:)Good mid-September morning from a part of The American Midwest-USA:

Hi, gang!  Great comments.  We are very happy about TIGER WOODS here in our home...

Respectfully,

DOUG OF DUBLIN, OHIO-USA
1936ireckonso

Willow weep for me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #231 on: September 15, 2006, 08:34:38 AM »

Hi, gang!  Great comments.  We are very happy about TIGER WOODS here in our home...

Respectfully,
  HELP!!!!   WHY DOES IT KEEP SAYING WARNING IN RED LETTERS ?? CAN'T I JUST MAKE A COMMENT AND  BE DONE WITH IT ????   IT'S JUST A SIMPLE MESSAGE, WHY DOES IT SAY WARNING ?????

DOUG OF DUBLIN, OHIO-USA
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2006, 10:30:10 AM »

Americans have cause for alarm after Woods tops casualty lisr

So says todays headlines.... ;D ;)

Well, Tigers run of 5 Succesful wins comes to an end as he bounced out of the HSBC World match Play Championship..... Gotta be good news for the European Ryder Cup Team that so many of the Americans top players have gone out so early....   >:D ;)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #233 on: September 15, 2006, 04:00:20 PM »

Hi, gang!  Great comments.  We are very happy about TIGER WOODS here in our home...

Respectfully,
  HELP!!!!   WHY DOES IT KEEP SAYING WARNING IN RED LETTERS ?? CAN'T I JUST MAKE A COMMENT AND  BE DONE WITH IT ????   IT'S JUST A SIMPLE MESSAGE, WHY DOES IT SAY WARNING ?????

It says this because someone else is posting at the same time as you.    :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2006, 06:37:13 PM »

pgatour

I think it's time the women pro golfers stayed on the women's circuit.
The novelty of women playing in men's tournaments has worn off.They are completely out of their league.
Their best player,Annika Sorenstam couldn't make the cut in her appearances and everyone should have learnt from that.I know it's all a promotion with sponsors and the like but seriously the interest isn't there anymore.

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2006, 11:21:53 AM »

Well... the Ryder Cup kicked off today. Tight first day with Europe taking a 5-3 lead into the second day.... :)

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #236 on: September 22, 2006, 04:49:27 PM »

I saw some of the morning matches as it started at 5:00p.m here. Tiger's tee shot on the first,straight into the water,must have been nerves.I noticed a few hit some into the water during their round.Looks like it going to be real close all weekend.

Great viewing.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, why did it take 5 hours and 20 minutes for the first group to play their round in the morning?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 07:14:35 PM by tgy » Logged

Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #237 on: September 24, 2006, 09:29:13 AM »

:D  :D  ;D

Well done Europe!

Good effort, USA; there's nothing like a well-fought game with your friends. 8)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #238 on: September 24, 2006, 11:53:49 AM »

Great stuff... Looks like the Irish did emselves proud puttin' on a great tournamount.

Well done Europe....  ;D ;D

Look forward to the next one in 2 years time....

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #239 on: September 24, 2006, 12:02:11 PM »

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, why did it take 5 hours and 20 minutes for the first group to play their round in the morning?

i'll tell you why, because while woods and furyk don't exactly race through the game that plonker harrington is bloody awfully slow, he made everyone else look like they were on fast forward, harrington needs to be spoken to by officials, sure he was only on the 15th hole of his morning session yesterday when the officials started the afternoon foursomes.

i know you're supposed to support your own etc but he annoys me he's so slow.clarke was fantastic all weekend,he really brought a lump to the throat when he finished today, very brave and on excellent form as were all the europeans (big mention to Paul Casey and a sick Lee Westwood), but McGinley stole the show for me when he conceeded a 30 foot to the valiant JJ Henry to halve their match on the 18th, the cup had been won, what sense was their in humiliating Henry on the last when he had played tremendously for a rookie

of course it wasn't without it's moments of comic relief either, steve williams (tigers caddie) dropped his bosses 9 iron in the lake when cleaning itand couldn't retrieve it,he had to play without it for the rest of the round

« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 12:06:46 PM by little_bill » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T