News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 66 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What was the last western you watched?  (Read 371947 times)
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #720 on: April 17, 2009, 06:21:01 AM »

I like The Great Silence a lot. It's one of my favorite westerns. O0

Well it doesn`t fit my top 10 of favourite westerns but still it`s great film and as I said the ending is something else  ;)

Watched the other day one of my latest DVDs,Big Jake.Not a classic but still fun to watch.Pretty solid John Wayne-western.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066831/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 02:04:21 PM by Hemlock » Logged
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

I Have A Horse, And The West Is Wide.

View Profile Email
« Reply #721 on: April 18, 2009, 08:55:02 PM »

"The Horse Soldiers" (1959)
-John Wayne, William Holden

Plot:IMDB
A Union Cavalry outfit is sent behind confederate lines in strength to destroy a rail/supply center. Along with them is sent a doctor who causes instant antipathy between him and the commander. The secret plan for the mission is overheard by a southern belle who must be taken along to assure her silence. The Union officers each have different reasons for wanting to be on the mission.

Phantoms Review: Solid well made John Wayne adventure. Plenty of action and a good story (based on true events) and fine performances from the stars.

They'd never forget, the day the stranger rode into town.
Aline

Email
« Reply #722 on: April 21, 2009, 06:01:31 AM »

I bought this years ago and I watch often. Eric McCormack in one of his previous roles before Will & Grace. Wearing a beard and looking not so thin, he is surprisingly good as the town boss, Colonel Clay Mosby.

A thing that always get me while watching it, is he hasn't the physical attributes we are used to see in the famous westerns anti heros ... he isn't tall or very strong but yet, he has a fascinating screen presence. In fact, Eric is very good playing tough characters. I liked the short part he played in "Dead like Me" and in "The Sisters".

This series is amazing, unfortunately there were only those two seasons. The second one (Outlaw Years) is my favorite.

I bought the two seasons separately but they have the complete series collection.
Everyone that enjoys westerns, should check this out.
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #723 on: April 25, 2009, 03:12:01 PM »

"Escape From Fort Bravo" (1953)
-William Holden

Plot: IMDB
In the Civil War, Fort Bravo is a prison camp for captured southerners. Its isolated position and unfriendly natives make escape almost impossible, but anyone who tries is always brought back by by-the-book Captain Roper. A group of prisoners hatch a plot to get away by bringing in a southern belle to distract the Captain. The plan seems to work, but the inhospitable desert, the murderous Indians, and - most importantly - the Colonel apparently wronged in love mean that this is only the start.

Phantom's Review: This is a great movie.Plenty of action, suspense and fine performances from the stars. A classic.

Dirty Marry

Play the Prisoner 4 me

View Profile Email
« Reply #724 on: April 28, 2009, 01:23:45 PM »

the outlaw Josey Wales O0

"Wherever the problem is, Clint Eastwood is gonna fix it... Where Eagles Dare" Bruce Dickinson ;)
JMG

View Profile Email
« Reply #725 on: April 29, 2009, 12:17:55 AM »

The Searchers (1956)
DJDave

View Profile Email
« Reply #726 on: May 01, 2009, 02:34:56 AM »

The Hired Hand (1971) Dir. Peter Fonda .

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 04:36:25 AM by DJDave » Logged
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #727 on: May 01, 2009, 04:44:33 AM »

Some of the Rawhide series.   I suppose they class as westerns??
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #728 on: May 01, 2009, 05:29:45 AM »

Some of the Rawhide series.   I suppose they class as westerns??
:) Hi, Lin !    If " Rawhide " is not westerns , what will be ??    ???   And why not to go post to " Clint Eastwood Westerns " please !   ;)

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #729 on: May 21, 2009, 10:51:05 AM »

I watched Ed Harris`Appaloosa.It was very well made,got great acting by Harris and Viggo Mortensen and very good score but still I felt that the film could`ve been greater.
I think there could`ve been a bit more action,gunfights and such but than again maybe it was not meant to be as action filled western.It`s more like western drama.
I´m not big fan of Renèe Zellweger but she was good in this film and made very easy for me to hate her character..so I guess she can act after all  ::)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800308/
Aline

Email
« Reply #730 on: May 21, 2009, 12:51:55 PM »

And I can't say I "watched" because I've stopped in the part where Butch takes the girl for a ride on a bike. I'm finding this movie very boring!
Any of you have seen it? Is it worth my time keep watching it? ??? Sorry my question, i know it's considered a classic but i'm not enjoying it. :(
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

They got a sign on him in front of Greely's?

View Profile Email
« Reply #731 on: May 22, 2009, 10:14:37 AM »

Big Jake (1971)

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #732 on: May 22, 2009, 11:17:58 AM »

And I can't say I "watched" because I've stopped in the part where Butch takes the girl for a ride on a bike. I'm finding this movie very boring!
Any of you have seen it? Is it worth my time keep watching it? ??? Sorry my question, i know it's considered a classic but i'm not enjoying it. :(

No need to be sorry even though it`s not usual to dislike this particular masterpiece but opinions varies  ;) As you may have guessed I highly recommend you to watch the film through and focus in"little things" like great acting by Newman and Redford and all in all their chemistry in the film.

The bikeride scene is very 70`s and a bit pointless but it`s just a little hiccup in the film and after awhile you find yourself humming/singing:"Rain drops keep falling on my head;D
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #733 on: May 26, 2009, 09:48:09 AM »

I watched the other night A Man Called Horse once again.Still pretty good film but I guess I´ve seen it too many times.It felt a bit dated and slow at times.However I would like to see the sequel The Return Of A Man Called Horse.I´ve not seen that one too many times.
Second sequel was crap if I´m not mistaken  ???

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066049/
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #734 on: May 26, 2009, 08:34:48 PM »

The entire first season of "Have Gun-Will Travel". What a great show.

DJDave

View Profile Email
« Reply #735 on: May 27, 2009, 11:55:31 PM »

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)

Kicks the legends of the old west into a cocked hat .

WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

They got a sign on him in front of Greely's?

View Profile Email
« Reply #736 on: May 28, 2009, 12:20:51 PM »

Rio Bravo (1959)

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #737 on: May 28, 2009, 07:24:05 PM »

"The Great Silence" (1968)

Plot: IMDB
A mute gunslinger faces off against a gang of bounty hunters in the great blizzard of 1899, and a grim, tense struggle unfolds.

Phantom's Review: Action packed spaghetti western with interesting characters and one of the most shocking and unhappy endings I have ever seen.

Aline

Email
« Reply #738 on: May 29, 2009, 05:34:34 AM »

Actually I bought it along with Dog Day Afternoon but it's a western so I'm posting here.

I like that movie so much. First time I watched I was a Clint fan already but I thought Franco Nero so attractive (he has beautiful eyes) and the story very interesting. It has been long time i saw it but the scene that stucked in my mind was when he has the fingers cut off in that beating.

While searching some opinions in IMDB i crossed with this:

Clint Eastwood v Franco Nero   

by mrblonde_87   (Sat Nov 19 2005 18:33:56)  Ignore this User | Report Abuse 
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of these two who do you think is badder?

Judging by the replies, the guys are just joking around. Those of you who has an imdb account could go there and give them the right answer.  ;D
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060315/board/nest/29980266
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #739 on: June 04, 2009, 03:07:15 PM »

I watched "Shane" last night.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 66 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T