News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 280 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENDLESS, POINTLESS thread  (Read 1167619 times)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3940 on: June 14, 2009, 07:57:17 AM »

Would love to have watched it Higgy but that video is not available in the UK.    Perhaps they think we will laugh too much.  ;)
???   Pity, Lin !  Why?  Impossible!  >:D   I hope that you will have see this video somewhere !    Will you remember an episode of Bill Clinton and Boris Eltsine?   This one is more humorously that  this will become the favorite subject of French for a long term !   ;D ;D ;D    In this video I find that Mr Chirac looks like Jack Nicholson a little as last smile !   :D

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3941 on: June 14, 2009, 10:16:08 PM »

All right, I think this may be the oddest story I've ever read in the pages of the (normally) august New York Times ...

Bartender, Make It a Stiletto

:o ;D
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #3942 on: June 14, 2009, 11:56:51 PM »

As they say,  Whatever turns you on!    He must be crazy.   :D :o
Aline

Email
« Reply #3943 on: June 18, 2009, 07:30:37 AM »

Sorry I don't have a link for this pic, I have kept it in my computer for too long.
Angelina adopted this little girl from Etiopy, if I remember right. The child looks so scared...Angelina shouldn't expose her that way :(
Aline

Email
« Reply #3944 on: June 21, 2009, 04:22:25 AM »

Do you like it? That's how I waked up this morning. :P
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3945 on: June 21, 2009, 06:53:43 AM »

;D I understand and relate Aline. I am not a morning person.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3946 on: June 23, 2009, 03:51:53 PM »

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3947 on: June 24, 2009, 02:21:35 PM »

So if any group of my friends would appreciate this story, I know it would be all of you here on the board. 

So as some of you know I work at Disneyland.  Well we have name tags that have to wear, and as part of our guest interaction prompting that Mickey Mouse demands that we do, we have the city that we're currently living in or where we're born under our names:

So that is name tag that I normally have.  Well due to me being a nice person and slightly forgetful, I ran out of name tags (I normally have like four).  So I had to go get a new one, when they asked me where I was from I was suppose to say Huntington Beach... however, I decided to take a risk and say Carmel, and lie and say I was born there... Technically though I did live there for a week last year when my transmission dropped out on the Acura.  So I now have this name tag:

So for my job I work in the bank of main street where basically I take pictures for people who want to annual passes for the park.  We get people from all over the world who want these, and a lot of people from Northern California.  Well, my Carmel name tag is good conversation people for those people from up North.  So I had a particularly funny story from the other day.

I'm very pleasantly wearing my Carmel name tag though I honestly didn't know because I just threw one on.  And this guest comes up to my window.  So I'm all chipper and like "Welcome to Disneyland, how may I help you?", so we start talking and he goes "Oh how is Carmel this time of year?"  And, I immediately think what the hell why am I getting asked about Carmel, then I remember, and so I say "Oh it's beautiful! Gorgeous!" So while I'm processing him, he goes "Have you ever met Clint Eastwood?" and me being the nerd that I am say "No!  But he's my favorite actor, director, producer, composer" and so on like a dork like me would do.  So we start having this epic conversation about Clint movies, and then he asks "What's your favorite movie of his?"  And all of a sudden my friend, who apparently has been listening to this conversation of Eastwood, pops out from behind me whistling the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, with her hands in a gun motion.  So we all laugh, and then she tells this guest that she three dogs and affectionately calls them the good, the bad, and the ugly.  So we're laughing, she goes away, and then he asks me again.  So I'm thinking about it and I ask him, he says Dirty Harry and starts reciting the "Well do ya punk?" speech, then he says "But, I really enjoy Unforgiven... what's that line from that movie that's so good...?" Me without skipping a beat says "We've all got it comin' kid."  He laughs saying I'm true fan, then asks me again what my favorite film is.  I say Unforgiven, cause it is, but that I very much enjoy The Beguiled.  To my surprise he goes "Oh yeah that one where he dies during the civil war."  He then asks me what movies Clint has died in, and me being the dork that I am, list them off without really even thinking about.  So he's very impressed.  Then the conversation turned back to awkward.  He goes "So do you live in Carmel, and then just drive down on the weekends to work here during the week...?"  Not knowing quite how to respond and thinking the question was sort of silly, I said "When I was young, my parents moved down to Huntington Beach, and I live there now."   So then he goes "Cool, so do you back often?"  And without again thinking about it that much I excitedly say "I actually went back for the first time ever last summer..." He looks at me oddly, and then realizing what I've said I cover and say "Well since... I was born there... ya know."  After that his passes printed, he shook my hand, and said it was wonderful talking to me.  I closed my window after that and went to the back and laughed, when my friend who calls her dogs the good, the bad, and the ugly comes back in and goes and says "Ha you from Carmel, ha."

It was pretty funny, and I thought you all would appreciate.

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3948 on: June 24, 2009, 04:36:06 PM »

It was pretty funny, and I thought you all would appreciate.
:) Yeah, very appreciated ! Thank you Chessie !  O0   That's very interesting.  And very nice that you enjoy your job thanks to your new name tag !  ;D
Certainly you will have more interesting story to tell us!   Good continuation! :D

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3949 on: June 24, 2009, 05:50:06 PM »

Great story, Chessie! Next time, why don't you go all out and get a nametag that reads CLINTNERD, Carmel, CA? ;D
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3950 on: June 24, 2009, 10:33:49 PM »

On a sad note, this may be my last week here on the board as a regular.   :'(

Next Tuesday's Oz Lotto has jackpoted to a record $90,000,000, so I'll be spending plenty of time on my own private golf course & island once I get the cheque in the mail after winning. :D

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Aline

Email
« Reply #3951 on: June 25, 2009, 04:11:24 AM »

Fun and great story, Chessie. Loved the conversation. You were pretty convincing as a Carmel native. ;D

Next Tuesday's Oz Lotto has jackpoted to a record $90,000,000, so I'll be spending plenty of time on my own private golf course & island once I get the cheque in the mail after winning. :D

Great. The board is already not so active and one more member is leaving >:(
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3952 on: June 25, 2009, 05:24:58 AM »

I think SK is teasing us, Aline! ;D

At least, if he wins that jackpot, I would expect him to share it with all the regulars here ... I'm not greedy, I'll be satisfied with a million. ;)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3953 on: June 26, 2009, 11:56:35 PM »

Beer bottletop trivia No. 1652

Buzz Aldrin's mothers maiden name was Moon!!

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3954 on: June 27, 2009, 09:09:35 AM »

Funny, I just came across that factoid in an interview with Aldrin ...

Was your mother’s maiden name really Marion Moon?

Yes. I didn’t feel NASA needed to know that. Somebody would think I was trying to get favored treatment because my ancestors had the name Moon. And that’s a joke.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/21/magazine/21fob-q4-t.html
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3955 on: June 28, 2009, 05:33:06 PM »

:) SK is very generous, he may invite we women to Sydney if he get it !  :D   Let's hope & Good luck, SK !  ;)

Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #3956 on: June 29, 2009, 07:29:11 PM »

This one's ok.  If anything, the sound effects are good. I probably won't be eating french fries for awhile though. :P

Redneck Playstation
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #3957 on: June 30, 2009, 03:04:33 AM »

This one's ok.  If anything, the sound effects are good. I probably won't be eating french fries for awhile though. :P

Me neither.  The sound effects are great.  I did manage to kill them all but couldn't get the swatter to hang up so lost loads of time.   ;D ;D ;D
Aline

Email
« Reply #3958 on: June 30, 2009, 04:12:13 AM »

;D Don't now where you find those things, CvW, but I keep all of them in my favorite section. The one with the frogs is still my favorite. :D
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3959 on: June 30, 2009, 03:59:13 PM »

Redneck Playstation
:) That's terrible, CvW !  :o...... ;D ;D              Maybe your President Obama will kill a fly better with barehanded !    O0    ;D

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 280 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T