News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: earliest clint movie  (Read 4883 times)
ajay

man with no name

View Profile Email
« on: March 01, 2003, 11:45:05 PM »

would anybody like to share as to which is the earliest clint eastwood movie they posess, mine is the first travelling sales lady.

rowdyyates
invisible dog

Dig Eli, dig for your life!!!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 10:30:15 AM »

I have The Revenge Of The Creature  :P

I Rock!!!

To be honest the only reason I have it was because it was reduced to 3 pound in HMV about 6 years ago.
But still....ive got it  ::)

OH YEAH!!!!

P.s. I do realise he isnt in the whole film....I think I lost the plot somewhere

"I've lost my white mouse"
« Last Edit: March 02, 2003, 10:31:47 AM by invisible dog » Logged

"got that groove thing going on"
badguy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2003, 06:28:18 PM »

Revenge Of The Creature! Wow. Never thought HMV would bother with films like that!

Well I've never come across any of his early films (from 1950's) so I'm afraid Fistfull Of Dollars is the earliest I've seen (not counting Rawhide obviously...)
garyoperator

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 03:51:00 AM »

First Traveling Saleslady, The (1956) .... Lt. Jack Rice, Roughrider
Star in the Dust (1956) (uncredited) .... Tom, ranch hand
... aka Law Man (1956) (USA)
Never Say Goodbye (1956) (uncredited) .... Will
Tarantula (1955) (uncredited) .... Jet Squadron Leader
Lady Godiva (1955) (uncredited) .... First Saxon
... aka Lady Godiva of Coventry (1955) (UK)
Francis in the Navy (1955) .... Jonesey
Revenge of the Creature (1955) (uncredited) .... Lab Technician      
Hello.  Revenge of the Creature was his first.  You can find most of these on Amazon.com or eBay on a regular basis.  
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2003, 04:43:10 PM »

I've never seen any of the pre-Fistful of Dollars movies. So the earliest Clint movie I have is Fistful.

The closest I've come to those early ones is the original Francis the Talking Mule movie.
ajay

man with no name

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2003, 09:17:41 PM »

has anybody seen 'never say goodbye' i mean did rock hudson and clint come face to face in that movie.rock  hudson was already a phenomenon and our very own clint was just anothet tall lean newbie.what about 'ambush at the cimmaron pass'and 'lafayette escadrille'dis anybody manage to see those.

rowdyyates
ajay

man with no name

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2003, 09:19:23 PM »

I've never seen any of the pre-Fistful of Dollars movies. So the earliest Clint movie I have is Fistful.

The closest I've come to those early ones is the original Francis the Talking Mule movie.
never heard of 'francis the talking mule'movie

rowdyyates
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2003, 09:43:11 PM »

Eastwood had a small role in Francis in the Navy, which is one of the sequels to Francis the Talking Mule. I've seen the original one, and maybe part of one of the other sequels, but never the one Clint is in. And the movies are actually about a mule that talks. :D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 02:15:07 PM by Christopher » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2003, 10:20:08 PM »

I've seen Francis in the Navy. It may be the worst movie ever made. Eastwood actually has quite a large part in it in terms of screen time (at least, compared with his other bits in this period), but you would hardly notice him, which goes to show you the power of the closeup (he has not a single one).

The lobby card set is worth picking up if you spot it on eBay—it's Clint's first appearance in any sort of movie publicity material.
raimius

"Don't call me Buddy, Pal or Sweetheart..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2003, 02:11:32 PM »

I recorded Escapade in Japan off the TV several years ago...watched it for the first time a few weeks ago. Quite a nice plot...and I seem to recall Clint was a pilot (for just a few seconds). Also have First Travelling Saleslady taped off the TV but I've never watched it.

May the 'Magnum' Force be with you.
jjgonski

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2003, 05:38:10 PM »

I have Away all Boats.  Not a bad movie, overly dramatic acting and Clint does well in his one line, 5 second scene.  It's getting crazy.  I saw all three spaghetti westerns and Hang em High the other day at CVS drug store the other day for $9.99.

Just because your standing over me doesn't mean we're gonna be taking long showers together
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T