News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dollars DVDs: Special Editions with extras  (Read 50796 times)
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2006, 07:47:03 AM »

i remeber a friend of mine saying something similar to me along the lines of what KC said about Pal playing NTSC but not the other way round, he's one of thodse home cinema buffs, i'll ask him when he comes back from holiday but i'm almost convinved you're right about that KC

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
Fan

Rawhide is the best! buy it!

View Profile Email
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2006, 03:45:28 PM »

I caught this conversion late, but I know all about the PAL NTSC thing.
All you need is a code free DVD player. that convers the signal from PAL to NTSC for the TV (which in the US will be looking for the NTSC signal).
so if you want the German verison all you need to do is get a codefree dvd player.(make sure it plays all regions , and they mention PAL to NTSC conversion. ;)
by the way codefree players are perfectly legal. and would everyone please buy the Rawhide season 1 DVD .

ilconsigliere

View Profile Email
« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2006, 06:15:21 AM »

Hi guys. Good news. Check out The Digital Bits. The Dollars DVD's are coming out in 2007. No details yet.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

A man's got to know his limitations.
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2006, 08:41:32 AM »

Already got 'em in the old edition.

Think I'll wait for HD-DVD now.

Or maybe I'll get impatient and buy 'em :-\.

WKC.

Snake

View Profile Email
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2007, 11:05:38 PM »

Hi guys. Good news. Check out The Digital Bits. The Dollars DVD's are coming out in 2007. No details yet.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Any new updates on the DVDs? I haven't heard anything new since this post...

I've been waiting for these DVDs for almost two years now >:(

A couple of steps back...
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2007, 03:27:34 AM »

Hi Snake,

That is tough having to wait that long.
Nothing new here but repeating that they got caught up in the MGM/UA, Sony sell off and for some reason (which I will never understand) they have sat on the shelf.

You can pick up the special editions here now for just over £5. Have you thought any more about getting multi system.

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
icnmedia

Email
« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2007, 05:23:25 PM »

Ok, we were told the SE dvds would come to the USA this last NOV 2006...Soooo, what happened? What now?
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp!!!!!!!!!!
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2007, 06:22:04 PM »

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=64473

Fox and MGM Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The Sergio Leone Anthology for 5th June 2007. Available in the UK since April 2005 the remastered and feature packed editions of Sergio Leone’s A Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More and Duck, You Sucker (A Fistful of Dynamite) are finally headed to Region 1 DVD as Collector’s Editions this summer alongside a newly packaged and Fox distributed The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Collector's Edition).

All four titles are priced individually at $26.98 SRP each, or available as part of The Sergio Leone Anthology box-set which retails at $89.98 SRP.

Bonus content appears to match the UK DVD releases, while The Good, The Bad and The Ugly offers the same bonus features as the last MGM Collector’s Edition DVD release.

A Fistful of Dollars Collector’s Edition

Disc 1: Main Feature

* 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
    * English DD5.1 Surround
    * French and Spanish DD2.0 Surround
    * English, French and Spanish subtitles
    * Audio Commentary by Sir Christopher Frayling

Disc 2: Extra Features

* ”A New Kind of Hero” Featurette
    * A Few Weeks in Spain - Clint Eastwood on the experience of making this film
    * Cinqe Voci - Five friends remember Sergio Leone
    * Not Ready for Primetime - Monte Hellman discussion on The Prologue Shot for the first TV release to legitimize The Man with No Name's amoral killing
    * Additional Scene- The Network Prologue - with Harry Dean Stanton
    * Location Comparisons - intercutting film clips with current footage of locations used
    * Radio Spots - 10 Radio spots - audio only with texted video
    * Trailer - Promotes both "Fistful of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More" in the same trailer

For A Few Dollars More Collector’s Edition

Disc 1: Main Feature

* English DD5.1 Surround
    * French and Spanish DD2.0 Surround
    * Audio Commentary by Sir Christopher Frayling

* A New Standard - Frayling on For a Few Dollars More
    * Back for More - Clint Eastwood remembers For a Few Dollars More
    * Tre Voci - Three friends remember Sergio Leone
    * For a Few Dollars More: The Original American Release Version - focuses on alternate scenes/alternate releases
    * Location Comparisons - intercutting film clips with current footage of locations used
    * Radio Spots - 12 Radio spots - audio only with texted video
    * Original Theatrical Trailer
    * Trailer - Promotes both "Fistful of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More" in the same trailer

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Collector’s Edition

Disc 1: Main Feature (179mins)

* English DD5.1 Surround
    * Audio Commentary by Film Historian Richard Schickel

* “Leone’s West” - Retrospective making-of documentary featuring new interviews with cast and crew, including Clint Eastwood, and behind-the-scenes footage
    * “The Leone Style” - Documentary on Sergio Leone and his impact on the spaghetti western film genre
    * “The Man Who Lost the Civil War” - Historical documentary on the Civil War
    * “Reconstructing The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” - Featurette which focuses on the process of reconstruction and talent audio re-recordings for the fully restored version of the film
    * “Il Maestro: Ennio Morricone and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” - Featurette on Composer Ennio Morricone featuring behind-the-scenes photos
    * Extended Scene - A never-before-seen extended version of the "Tuco Torture" scene
    * "The Socorro Sequence: A Reconstruction" - Three-minute animated sequence of a deleted scene
    * French trailer - Includes film clips that were deleted from the final version of the film
    * Poster Gallery - Features eight international theatrical posters
    * Original theatrical trailer - Two-minute trailer as shown in theatres
    * 4 Easter Eggs: “Uno, Due, Tre", "Italian Lunch", "New York Actor", "Gun In Holster"
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »

The features look cool. I'm glad they're including the Network Prologue for A Fistful of Dollars. I'm anxious to see what the store prices will be before I decide to buy them. Actually, the box set sounds cool too even though I already have the special edition of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (not to mention the original Man with No Name box set). Duck, You Sucker is a pretty good movie, too.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2007, 08:40:23 PM »

Finally!

Thanks for posting the news, Brendan!
Snake

View Profile Email
« Reply #210 on: March 29, 2007, 10:21:13 PM »

Yes!! Finally ;D

I've been waiting two whole years for these special DVDs. I'm really happy to see that they at least have a release date now.

Thanks for posting the news, you guys are the best!

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2007, 04:21:09 AM »

Well after reading what is on the new release it looks as though I will soon own a 4th copy of the Dollars! ;D ;D
ilconsigliere

View Profile Email
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2007, 02:22:06 PM »

Aleluya! How many years did it take...two? Incredible!

icnmedia

Email
« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2007, 06:53:36 AM »

Yay! Double yay! Now with the SE of these gems coming out in about a month or so, comes a small dilemma..what should I do with the old dvds? I feel so guilty throwing them out? Does anyone have any ideas? Thanx!
Tehama Tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2007, 12:13:11 PM »

Ok, besides the Sergio Leone Anthology set, has there already been some discussion about A Fistful of Dollars (2-Disc Collector's Edition)?
Amazon says it will be releasing on June 5th, 2007:o

I'm a little skeptical yet about buying another copy of the movie, unless there are some good special features about it that I don't already have, then I won't hesitate and pre-order it now.   O0
Basically, I'm looking to see if anyone has the list of special features that would be on this particular edition.   ^-^

"When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol will be a dead man."  Ramon Rojo
Tehama Tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2007, 12:19:16 PM »

Basically, I'm looking to see if anyone has the list of special features that would be on this particular edition.
Ok, I might have just answered my own question.  I think this one must just be the individually priced one of the 4-movie anthology.  It makes sense now that I've re-read Brendan's post with all those details from dvdtimes.com.   :D   O0

"When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol will be a dead man."  Ramon Rojo
icnmedia

Email
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2007, 11:41:34 AM »

Ok, I just ordered my copies of FFOD & FFDM (SE) and paid extra of course to make sure I get them this Tuesday, on my door, the released date. Now, why do I feel like a little kid on Christmas night???? (lol)
I know we've all been waiting for these for a long long time and that time is now here (day after tomorrow).
I'll keep my old copies for back up emergencies. But when it comes to the MWNN trilogy, I think Ive seen them too many times to count since I was a little boy awe-struck by Clint, Leone & morricone and it may sound melodramatic and cliche but my life was changed forever, from then on!
Snake

View Profile Email
« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2007, 09:15:45 PM »

After all the waiting, I was finally able to pick up the 2-disc set of Fistful of Dollars today! This was actually the first time I ever saw the movie in widescreen and this really made the film that much better for me. The picture quality is excellent. I know that the R2 special edition versions had a constant blue tinge to it but the R1 version doesn't seem to have that problem. Judging from the screenshots I've seen on these boards, the R1 version looks more like the German set which was released last year. The R1 versions also feature 5.1 surround sound but now you have the option to switch it to the original mono recording so I was very happy about (since I wasn't able to do that with my 2-disc TGTBTU set I bought 2 years ago).

I haven't watched the special features yet but I'm very pleased the audio and picture quality in the movie. It's too bad I wasn't able to find a copy of FAFDM though.

ilconsigliere

View Profile Email
« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2007, 08:02:22 AM »

Snake,
If you have a FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT (FYE) store nearby, go check it out. I bought AFOD there and they have both. I ordered FAFDM from Best Buy because I have a store credit with them. Good luck!

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2007, 04:10:54 PM »

I remember I bought The Good, the Bad and the Ugly special edition DVD from FYE for only $10 after a rebate. I haven't been by there recently to see if they have a similar deal with any of these new releases.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T