News: THE MULE, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood: now on disc and streaming!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dollars DVDs: Special Editions with extras  (Read 47768 times)
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2005, 04:21:26 AM »

what better man for the job him being chairman of the arts council in england and allá  O0

and trustee of the V & A museum

england -  its flag the St George flag
tekker

"We've all got it comin', kid"

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2005, 04:24:28 AM »

So Frayling has NOT been doing Commentary for a supposedly new edition of GBU, as it was rumoured on this thread?

Sorry if this question is too obvious, but I think we should get it straight so there is no misconceptions...

tekker

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2005, 04:26:27 AM »

what better man for the job him being chairman of the arts council in england and alláá O0

and trustee of the V & A museum

That's right! "Art" is the keyword when it comes to Leone films.
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2005, 04:54:02 AM »

He HAS done commentary for all THREE films.

I am not just saying this on account of talking to him over the years, but he is  a very decent guy and really enjoys talking to collectors.

I was surprised to find out I had some Leone stills that he did not have. I said he could use them for future projects. I also told him to contact me for trailer info etc.

My aim is to get more extras that SHOULD be included ...... included.

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2005, 05:24:15 AM »

cool philo much appreciated as you say the more commentary and explanation the better

england -  its flag the St George flag
tekker

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2005, 05:14:13 AM »

The french edition of the new Fistful of Dollars SE seems to contain only english 5.1 and DTS, as well as a french dub in both 5.1 and DTS.

I guess it means that there won't be any space left for the original italian mono - provided they can find it! It could have been lost, but they apparantly found the italian mono for GBU and OUATITW for their SE releases!

(When I say original italian mono, I mean like the track on the region 1 of both GBU SE & OUATITW SE - the original - not any downmixed form the stereo or the 5.1 mix)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2005, 11:06:06 AM »

I saw these pictures of the packaging for the Region 2 DVDs on the Sergio Leone board (The Smoker posted it):

I didn't even realize these were 2 disc collections. I take it that R1 will be as well. ???
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2005, 12:55:42 PM »

Yes all should be the same.

Philo .

Antonella

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2005, 05:06:06 PM »

I have the italian dvd of trilogy and there aren't much about extra, the english restored versions look like much more interesting and I'm going to buy them, the only thing I'd want to know from someone who has got them is if there are subtitles in italian, 'cause on italian version there isn't the audio in english and I'd want to hear Clint with his voice preferably with italian subtitles especially for what concerns the extras.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 06:31:52 PM by Antonella » Logged
Antonella

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2005, 05:35:51 PM »

Schickel did little more than give a highly personalised film review, and a very poor one at that, in which he failed (in fact never even attempted) to explain or justify his often extreme and questionable analysis of the plot and the characters.á He also fell into the well known commentary boo boo of just explaining what was happening on the screen, as though we the viewers were mentally retarded and needed help understanding.

Good to know. I was upset that there aren't italian subtitles for the commentary, so I can't understand all Schickel says, but by your words I realize I don't lose much.
tekker

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2005, 02:19:02 PM »

DVDbeaver now has a comparison between the old disc and the new R2 SE of For a few Dollars more.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare10/for_a_few_dollars_more.htm

"The new print is beautiful" they claims! Also, the new DTS and 5.1 mixes should be very good.
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2005, 08:46:37 AM »

the only thing I'd want to know from someone who has got them is if there are subtitles in italian, 'cause on italian version there isn't the audio in english and I'd want to hear Clint with his voice preferably with italian subtitles especially for what concerns the extras.
I have the R2 edition and sorry no Italian subtitles  :-\

Subtitles   English ; French ; Dutch ; Swedish ; Finnish ; Norwegian ; Danish

http://play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=564897

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for himů" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2005, 01:25:35 AM »

I was looking in one of the UK DVD publications about the new version and they featured an image from the tv pre credit scene. I now understand that Harry Dean Stanton is the one giving the deal to the man with no name. When it was stated the person who was playing the Eastwood stand in was much shorter and with back to the viewer, I thought that was going to be Stanton.

So are we to find out who stood in as the man with no name?

Looking at the extras there appears to be no trailer included. I find this hard to believe as I was told by the restoration people themselves that this was covered and included tv spots. The review states radio spots only.

If this is the case then the original has the one extra the special edition appears to have missed.

I (as usual) am not happy about the 5.1 mix, with no other choice given.

Philo .

Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2005, 09:45:28 AM »

The Digital Bits.com:

The Rumor Mill!

4/12/05

Now, here's that good news/bad news. Leaks out of MGM in Europe have revealed that the studio will release a trio of long-awaited 2-disc Sergio Leone special edition DVDs in the U.K. on 4/18. These include A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and A Fistful of Dynamite. We've checked with our sources and learned that these same special editions HAD tentatively been scheduled to street from MGM here in the States in December. Do you sense a BUT coming? You're right. BUT... now that Sony is busy gobbling up MGM Home Entertainment, any decision to release these special editions in the U.S. is going to have to be made by them. Eventually. In other words, these DVDs have been caught in the thick of the merger, and there's a fair possibility that it's going to be a while before we see them here. We're checking with Sony to see what they say... but we'd be surprised if they commented at this point. We'll let you know in any case

:(
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2005, 04:07:45 PM »

>:(
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2005, 05:56:14 PM »

From The Digital Bits.com:

We've got a follow-up on that Sergio Leone SE DVD story we posted in The Rumor Mill yesterday. We've contacted Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and learned pretty much exactly what we expected: The deal to purchase MGM just closed, so they're only just starting to address the logistics of assuming responsibility for MGM Home Entertainment's catalog and DVD release slate. It's too early to know if the titles MGM had previously slated for release later this year (including the A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and A Fistful of Dynamite special editions) will street as planned, or will be delayed. Rest assured we'll keep you up to date on this in the weeks and months ahead. Cross your fingers, Leone fans
(emphasis added)
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2005, 09:56:17 AM »

Multi region players all round then .... ^-^

Philo .

Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2005, 03:15:43 PM »

Tonight on Channel 4 I saw an ad for the SE DVDs.  8)

Pleasantly surprising to see Clint pop up on the screen.
Snake

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2005, 10:39:03 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to these boards and I love Clint's work.
I live in NA and I was really looking forward to the Special Edition DVDs of Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More and I was expecting these titles to hit store shelves in the summer. However the last few posts in this topic have really got me down. Is it possible that an R1 release of these DVDs won't even come out this year? If that happens that would really be a shame. Does anyone have any new info and if not, can I trust that when anymore information regarding these DVDs is released, it will be posted in this thread immediately?

Thanks guys and btw, I've been lurking around here a bit lately and I must say that this community is fantastic.

A couple of steps back...
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2005, 11:24:30 PM »

Hi Snake, and welcome to the board.

Whatever news turns up on the Region 1 releases will be posted in this thread as soon as any of us hear about it. Since we have members from the Sergio Leone Web Board who come by here everyday too, you can bet the news will be here as soon as it breaks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T