News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLAY MISTY FOR ME: Business and Publicity: 2. Trailers  (Read 2059 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 02, 2003, 09:12:53 PM »

In the first segment of the bonus materials on the DVD, "Play It Again...A Look Back at Play Misty For Me," the first 1:10 minutes is what appears to have been a trailer for the movie. Also, on the second page of the bonus materials, the first item is the actual theatrical trailer, which is 1:40 minutes long. Which trailer do you think would have been the better one to use? Do you feel one trailer entices you to see the movie more than the other? Is either trailer too revealing? Do you feel as though either gives away too much of the plot?

mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2003, 02:01:13 PM »

:) In my opinion, the best trailer for this movie is the second trailer we see in the bonus material.  Even though it is longer than the first trailer by some 30 seconds, it actually reveals less about the movie itself but, at the same time, makes you want to see it to find out what happens.  The first trailer gives away too much about the key scenes and the plot and doesn't leave much to the imagination.  I came away from viewing that trailer feeling like I already knew the outcome of the movie.

mgk
badguy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2003, 11:40:41 AM »

The original trailer has that voice-over which makes the film look like a low budget horror movie when it’s so much more than that, and the repetition of “get off my back” is pretty annoying. So I prefer the version at the beginning of the documentary, just seems a better representation of the film.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 07:17:46 PM »

Thanks, everyone! This thread is now locked.  Please post any additional thoughts you have on this topic in the General Discussion forum.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T