News: Eastwood's latest work, "Jersey Boys," premiers in most locations on June 20th, 2014.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Eastwood's Children  (Read 8397 times)
pp

View Profile Email
« on: February 24, 2006, 02:44:08 AM »

I am involved in a research project and am attempting to compile information about certain celebrities.  I am getting conflicting reports on the number of children Clint Eastwood has fathered.  Both the imdb and wikipedia name Kimber(ly?), Kyle, Scott, Alison, Kathryn, Francesca, and Morgan.  However, imdb also names a "Heather Eastwood" born in 1988 and wikipedia mentions a son "Lesly" born in 1959.  Wikipedia also says he has 9 children total, 5 daughters and 4 sons. 

Does anyone know if the extra children (namely Heather and Lesly) are actually his biological children? 

How many kids does he actually have and what's the gender break down? 

Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 02:53:23 AM by pp » Logged
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 08:39:07 AM »

pp, the following are all the children that are listed in Eastwood's authorized biography, Clint Eastwood, by Richard Schickel (1996). (The youngest, Morgan, was actually born a few months after the book was published, but the author mentions at the end that Clint's new wife was expecting a baby.)

To save time, I'm going to quote a reply of mine to a related question that was posed last year:

Clint has two children, Kyle (b. 1968) and Alison (b. 1972) by his first wife, Maggie. Kyle, a jazz bassist, has a ten-year old daughter, Graylen, so she is Clint's granddaughter. Alison is an actress and model. Both Kyle and Alison have appeared in several of their father's films.

He has a daughter, Kimber (Tunis) Eastwood (b. 1964) by Roxanne Tunis. Kimber has a son, Clinton (b. 1984), so he is Clint's grandson. Kimber had a small role in Absolute Power.

He has two children, Scott (b. 1986) and Kathryn Eastwood (b. 1988) by Jacelyn Reeves. Kathryn, now 16, was Miss Golden Globe when the awards show was televised in January.

He has a daughter, Francesca Ruth (Fisher) Eastwood, (b. 1993) by Frances Fisher, his co-star in Unforgiven who was his companion for several years. Franny was in True Crime, playing Clint's daughter.

He has a daughter, Morgan (b. 1996) by his second and present wife, Dina. Morgan was in one brief scene in Million Dollar Baby. She played the little girl with a dog who smiles at Maggie.

That is, Eastwood has one son, Kyle, and one daughter,  Alison, by his first wife, and one daughter, Morgan, by his present wife. He has three other daughters, Kimber,  Kathyrn and Francesca Ruth (also known as Frannie), and one other son, Scott, who bear his name but were born to women to whom he wasn't married.

The Schickel book is the only story of Mr. Eastwood's private life that he has ever authorized. I would closely examine the source of any other stories about his private life before I accepted them as true.
Brendan
Member Extraordinaire

go ahead... paint me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 12:42:57 AM »

Does anyone know if the extra children (namely Heather and Lesly) are actually his biological children? 

Well you did say you went to Wikipedia and it had this to say about Lesly:

He also has an older son, Lesly (born February 13, 1959), to 18-year-old Rosina Mary Glen. Lesly was adopted after spending six months in a Salvation Army home for young unmarried mothers. Clint and his pregnant wife, Maggie, found and introduced themselves to him in the late summer of 1967 when he was eight. He was living in a small village in Fife, Scotland, called Kinghorn. Although they never made contact with him in any way again, Eastwood would regularly vacation at the secluded Kingswood Hotel on the road between Kinghorn and Burntisland. He was seen on many occasions, playing golf at Burntisland golf course.

So that tells me that no, Lesly is not Clint's biological son.

KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 08:34:55 AM »

Actually, the Wikipedia article does seem to assert that "Lesly" is Eastwood's biological son. However, the information is not very credible, for several reasons.
Brendan
Member Extraordinaire

go ahead... paint me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 12:53:20 PM »

Hmmm... you're right, KC. After reading it again it does sort of imply that he is Clint's son. It's very poorly worded.

makemyday321

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 04:22:51 PM »

Something does not add up. Clint was in a relationship with Sondra Locke from 1975 to 1989. It made news when they split in 1989. So how does he have two children born in the '80s to this Jacelyn Reeves woman? They are not mentioned in Clint's A&E bio documentary from 2003, yet Kyle, Alison, Morgan and Francesca are. Kimber is not mentioned either. Was it only in recent years that people knew Clint was the father of these children?
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 05:12:26 PM »

makemyday321, as I suggested in my first post above, you should take a look at the only authorized biography of Clint Eastwood, written by his good friend Richard Schickel and published in 1996. On page 409, you'll find information about his relationship with Jacelyn Reeves. On page 491, there is another mention of Reeves and Eastwood's children by her. If it was something of a secret before then, it certainly hasn't been since. His son by Reeves has been in several of his recent films, and his daughter was Miss Golden Globe in 2005. Both children now use the name "Eastwood."
makemyday321

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 11:28:48 PM »

Thanks I will be looking at that book. But I am pretty sure the son still uses the name Reeves; that's the name he has been credited by in movies.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T